• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portable console screenshot thread (3DS/Vita) - Rules in OP

javac

BOTW

f324mNdS.jpg

KP5lVGNm.jpg

gbgG3Mtg.jpg

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Well i didn't want to post again so fast but oh well, i'm glad to see a lucky guy(sidcrazy) having both Switch and the GPD Win.

Batman doing... Uncharted?

I put these two screens in spoilers because the section is crazy and i don't want to ruin the surprise

What's the best place to get a GPD win?
I bought it at Gearbest and i received it in 10 days(from China warehouse to Italy) so it's definitively ok for me, look for coupons.

If you have questions about the GPD Win this is the thread for you ;)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1190147

Vasili2K38

The GPD Win screenshots are very nice, thanks for posting them 2+2=5.

Also beautiful shots from Zelda in general, the game as a portable one is very beautiful (someday I'll get a Switch to play it).

34423193645_540739bc75_o.jpg

34263765932_3465fe4ac8_o.jpg

34381632076_ab5d3aac05_o.jpg

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yesterday i have installed my 2 most recent purchases(damn i really need to finish something! :( ), the first is Zombie Driver HD, where you do missions while driving and shooting in a city infested by zombies, basically Renegade Ops with zombies, with the difference that ZDHD also has a racing mode and a survival mode.

The GPD Win screenshots are very nice, thanks for posting them 2+2=5.
Thanks :D but don't forget sidcrazy and slick butter, they are posting GPD Win screens too :)

Tumbleseed on GPD WIN

457890_20170505191438_1.png

457890_20170504143539_1.png

457890_20170504143715_1.png

One of a few games I'd say are perfect for this device. Runs perfectly and looks fine at the small display size. Love the game in general.

Edit: haha, Hispanicguy posted his Tumbleseed screens right as I was making my post.

Z3M0G

Doesn't feel right having Switch and GDP Win (whatever that is) screens in here...

"Portable Console" though so I guess it is appropriate. I was hoping to see focus on 3ds and Vita at best.

Steel

Banned
Doesn't feel right having Switch and GDP Win (whatever that is) screens in here...

"Portable Console" though so I guess it is appropriate. I was hoping to see focus on 3ds and Vita at best.

GDP Win:

3DS size, it's a windows 10 portable, so it absolutely fits. The switch in portable mode is close enough, too.

What is/was the point of partitioning the screenshot threads like this?

What, you want high-end desktop PC graphics quality juxtaposed against portable graphics quality, juxtaposed against console graphics quality?

The Switch really needs better quality screen captures. On the switch itself they look kind of soft and compressed but going through this thread on an iPad, they look super low res

Edit: haha, Hispanicguy posted his Tumbleseed screens right as I was making my post.

Lol! I wasn't the only one who thought this thread needed some Tumbleseed love!

Here are some Blazing Star shots (Switch - Portable):

A8CwE1j.jpg

SPgxB4Q.jpg

YWhM0ou.jpg

I have never played Blazing Star before and it is awesome! Only options I've messed with is turning the screen filter off and displaying a wider screen.

Teepo671

21231128696_32cc34a5b1_o.jpg

20634719224_df9376376b_o.jpg

21257452795_29ab231fa6_o.jpg

Ehh, I like it. Before the switch and gpd shots started appearing the thread was pretty dead. Feels much more lively now.

PtM

Banned
What, you want high-end desktop PC graphics quality juxtaposed against portable graphics quality, juxtaposed against console graphics quality?
Why not? It's not much different than 240p vs 540p. And with Switch coming in, the handheld category becomes yet more indistinct.

Jodast

rxai7Ng.png

I love a good murder mystery!

8PcnLiN.png

Sure buddy. Whatever you say.

qewdlsr.png

I'm currently at level 55. Think I'l be okay little pussy cat.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The other game i bought is Dogfight 1942, as the title says it's about dogfights in 1942 lol
It's arcade, nothing complex, what i wanted, looking at the missions list it looks really short though, like 3 hours short, but it's fun and i paid 99 cents for it so i don't complain.

All GPD WIN screenshots.

Burnout Paradise
Man i loved burnout paradise on the ps3! Does it run well enough on the gpd win?

Tumbleseed on Switch

Tumbleseed on GPD WIN

One of a few games I'd say are perfect for this device. Runs perfectly and looks fine at the small display size. Love the game in general.

It almost looks like you two planned this lol, Tumbleseed must be a good game :)

Oregano

Some (not-so-good) screens of the Gunvolt DLC for Blaster Master.

C_Iyw-gUMAATk5_.jpg:large

C_Iyl75VYAAPogK.jpg:large

C_Iy7dYVoAAV8e6.jpg:large

I'm surprised how fleshed out the DLC is. In Sofia the game is the same but Gunvolt actually plays like Gunvolt including his volt attack(which looks terrible in screens).

What is/was the point of partitioning the screenshot threads like this?

Well the other two threads make Google Chrome on my iPhone crash and take forever to load on my laptop, so I'm glad they're separate since I'm mostly just interested in portable screenshots.

c-tlwz0u0aayeco6kumi.jpg

c-o-6g0v0aaqolf4tu6x.jpg

c-9qkekumaa8plaf3unr.jpg

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
More dogfight 1942 and batman AO on the GPD Win

Batman in TV!

another unexpected crazy section

I have to say that i'm really loving batman origins, i have read that it's inferior to city, but honestly i didn't really like city's story and villains while i like all the boss fights and the start of batman in origin, and i usually don't enjoy sequels because they are usually too mauch of the same for me(and origins isn't an exception, but i'm enjoying it more than city)

PtM

Banned
I still find it weird to have 720p Switch screens in here and 450p WiiU ones in the other thread.

Pocket Card Jockey

wfsn1.jpg

u8s3q.jpg

n6skv.jpg

r3ddvil

I think the Switch is entirely submissable.

For the GPD Win, screenshots should only be taken in playable settings (native resolution and average 30fps).

Just my opinion.

SiDCrAzY

Man i loved burnout paradise on the ps3! Does it run well enough on the gpd win?

I'm only a few hours in, so I don't know how much it holds up throughout the whole game but it has been in the 45 to low 50s range mostly. Definitely playable.

I did lower some of the graphical settings, but I haven't tinkered with the settings in detail, so I might still be able to improve the FPS, but I'm happy with what its at right now.

For the GPD Win, screenshots should only be taken in playable settings (native resolution and average 30fps).

Just my opinion.

A lot of stuff looks fine at resolutions as low as 360p, which is exactly a quarter of its native res and is the same pixel density as an original small 3DS, but at a display size larger than the 3DSXL.
Plus, many games run at subnative resolution on the Vita, so I dunno why running at the WIN's native res would be a good stipulation.

I do agree that they should be taken at settings that run at a playable framerate though. I could take good looking screens of Dark Souls 3, Astroneer, or Snake Pass. However, those games only run at ~10fps so they're not really a good representation of games that you can play on the device, therefore I would not post those.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Just my opinion.

Some Vita games are sub-native res and/or sub 30fps, Snake Pass on Switch is very low sub-native res, I don't see why there should be dinstictions for the GPD Win.

If a game is playable who cares if it's not full res or its framerate isn't butter smooth? Showing what settings are needed to play a game helps the GPD Win users interested in that game understanding if it's worth buying it.

I'm only a few hours in, so I don't know how much it holds up throughout the whole game but it has been in the 45 to low 50s range mostly. Definitely playable.

I did lower some of the graphical settings, but I haven't tinkered with the settings in detail, so I might still be able to improve the FPS, but I'm happy with what its at right now.
Awesome! Maybe if i'll find it for cheap i'll double dip.

Jodast

Taking a break from Bravely Second, thought I'd fiddle with some of the other 3DS games in my collection and ended up with Ironfall Invasion. A good looking ugly game. Kinda like The Conduit did way back on the Wii, it feels like it pushes the tech too far for the art style.

Ironfall Invasion - Nintendo 3DS
8UBecTu.png

OoOOEb3.png

8RLaxDH.png

PtM

Banned
LOL what's going on here?
It's from the intro to the game and simultaneously the story explanation for the genre mishmash. Abysmal jockey has near-death experience with an angel that gives him another chance and activates his solitaire mojo.

mao2

It's from the intro to the game and simultaneously the story explanation for the genre mishmash. Abysmal jockey has near-death experience with an angel that gives him another chance and activates his solitaire mojo.
Ah thanks! That sounds really silly and interesting. Love the cute art too.

Kangi

It uses a dynamic resolution but it will most likely be the chromatic aberration that makes it look so soft. I might take took screens with it turned off later.

For reference, my screenshots have chromatic aberration turned off.

Od95hqW.jpg

A little comparison: the same part of the track, racing and standing mostly still.

umq7ghq.jpg

4jpApp0.jpg

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
GPDWin

Bruce Wayne's... demoralized expression i guess(Batman AO)

Dogfight 1942, it was really short(3 hours long i think) and in the final missions it suttered a lot but it was fun and left me wanting for more :(

Curious thing i did yesterday, I was playing BloodRayne Betrayal, after an annoying precise platforming section here another one, but no matter how much i tried i have always failed despite i was always almost there, so after half an hour(i think) i decided to change game, but quitting would have meant redoing the entire level, including the first annoying section, so i decided to left the game minimized and to play Batman, with my surprise:

-i could hear Rayne responding to inputs and the game music
-unlike what i was expecting it didn't seem to impact Batman's performance, the battery and the heat

when quit Batman i returned to Bloodrayne Betrayal and it was slower, thanks to that i was able to do the platforming section and after a short while the game returned at its normal speed lol.

I wonder what's the next thing i'll realize i can do on the GPD Win, i play on it with a console mentality but it's a pc with all the freedom and flexibility that pc allows.

Jodast

Got an urge tonight to check how Dead Space ran on the GPD WIN. Only played up until the first save station, but so far it runs quite well with a few settings off and lowered, around 25 - 30 fps.

The changes made were Depth of Field, Antialiasing, Blur and Motion Blur turned off. Shader Quality changed to Low and Shadow Quality changed to Normal. Everything else was turned on. I'll probably play with the settings a little more to see if some of the above can be turned on without framerate loss, but I'm pretty happy at the moment.

Dead Space - GPD WIN
wAd6Zjy.jpg

7EDSQom.jpg

Top Bottom