• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portable console screenshot thread (3DS/Vita) - Rules in OP

9tuef.jpg
cuush.jpg
nyujh.jpg

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Damn portable Fallout was my dream when i had Vita but now that i can finally play them on the GPD Win i didn't buy neither 3 nor NV despite being on sale for cheap at least 3 times since i have the GPD Win, i really loved 3's world, desolation and exploration but i don't like replaying games and no matter how much praise NV gets it doesn't give me the same vibes i liked of 3.

Oregano

Damn portable Fallout was my dream when i had Vita but now that i can finally play them on the GPD Win i didn't buy neither 3 nor NV despite being on sale for cheap at least 3 times since i have the GPD Win, i really loved 3's world, desolation and exploration but i don't like replaying games and no matter how much praise NV gets it doesn't give me the same vibes i liked of 3.

I gotta say... I really don't remember the game looking so rough. Is that due to the settings its running at or is Fallout 4 a bigger leap than I gave it credit for? :S

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I gotta say... I really don't remember the game looking so rough. Is that due to the settings its running at or is Fallout 4 a bigger leap than I gave it credit for? :S

imo
-Fallout 3 and NV were never good looking games
-he's probably playing at minimum settings
-on the small screen of the GPD Win it should look better
-fallout 4 was an upgrade indeed

but i prefer the dead and desolate feel of fallout 3 honestly.

EDIT:
here's a video of fallout NV on the GPD Win
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayw_DwmhXc8

antispin

Are these GPD Win screens running native on the hardware or streaming from a PC? I know they should be native but just wanted a confirmation

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Are these GPD Win screens running native on the hardware or streaming from a PC? I know they should be native but just wanted a confirmation

If those were shots of streaming they would have probably been shots of impressive recent games running at ultra settings instead of older games at lower settings ;)

Yeah, I dont replay games much after completing, especially open world games but I've been holding off from playing NV for a long time cause I didn't really feel like playing it. With this on the go factor, I got the push to play it and so far, I'm definitely enjoying it.

To me, at least, the charm of the Fallout games is that you can do whatever you want when you want and NV has got that locked down. But if there's one thing I dont really like or wanna get into, is crafting stuff. It just doesnt feel as great or intuitive as F4's better crafting system.

I'm playing on the lowest settings right now, placing performance over pretty, and like 2+2=5 says, it looks much better on the GPD Win's screen. Also helps that F4 finally got a good revamp in art style. The faces on the NPC's in NV are just odd and ugly looking to me.

Jodast

Awesome.

What are the settings you used?

Resolution: 1280x720
Vsync: Off
FullScreen: On
Bloom: On
Glow: On
Depth of Field: On
Anti Aliasing: Off
Blur: Off
Post Processing: On
Flares: On
Motion Blur: Off
Decals: On
Shader Quality: Low
Shadow Quality: Normal

The processor is also set to run at 2.4Ghz with the copper shim mod. The frame rate generally hovers around 30 fps, in rare instances it will dip to around 20 fps but if the area is small enough or empty of enemies it will happily run at 40-60 fps. Very playable so far.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
More Orcs Must Die 2 on the GPD Win

the cart is going to hit the troll

spikes everywhere....

...and why i like them

bomblord1

Banned
A few shots from the opening of the game.

Edit: Since we're generally cool about GPD WIN screenshots in here, whats everybody's thoughts about screenshots from Android based handhelds like the GPD XD or Nvidia Shield Portable being posted in here?

I've asked that before and the response was there is technically a thread for it already (albeit a completely dead one)

Personally I say go for it this thread could use a good influx of new stuff but I'de obviously defer to the majority opinion.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
The Marvelous Miss Take on the GPD Win... You know what? The main character is stylish, the graphics are simple but colorful, clean and cool and so on, imo this game is very feminine, if you or your girl are into stealths(or puzzles, it's more or less the same) i suggest you to give it a try

I didn't notice that the gallery in the main menu had the main character and all the paintings i got :O

Damn the screens are so compressed... PostImage Y R U failing at me? :(

I can't see the shots very well since I'm on my phone, but from my brief hands-on time with ARMS this weekend, I got the impression it was the best-looking game on the Switch so far. It looked very smooth and detailed. No idea about docked mode.

Oregano

I can't see the shots very well since I'm on my phone, but from my brief hands-on time with ARMS this weekend, I got the impression it was the best-looking game on the Switch so far. It looked very smooth and detailed. No idea about docked mode.

It's the first big budget Switch exclusive so on a tech level yeah it probably is the best game. Breath of the Wild and MK8 still give it a run for its money though.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Skyrim? Meh! Behold the next gen of RPGs!

(she's exactly what you think)

The Quest on the GPD Win.

If there's anyone like me who miss Might & Magic 6(or 5 i guess, but i have never played it) then this game is for you, the movement is square based and you have one character instead of 4 but it's basically a modern spiritual sequel of M&M6, i played it for 3 hours without realizing it(and when i exit the game the GPD Win had still 1.50 hours of autonomy).
I have to admit i really like those sprites.

Wichu

tya9R4S.jpg

atuCuFf.jpg

AtUWIx8.jpg

I don't post screenshots often, but I really like this art style and character designs. I'm super impressed by the shading on the characters - it looks very, very close to the original art.

Shame about the terrible framerate at times. I guess that's the problem with porting PS3 games to Vita :(

Top Bottom