• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Kojima Productions Reveal in Three Days?

sprocket

Banned
4 done everything right IMO. Changes the controls in a great way. Fille dint he story in a great way. And turn raiden into a badass.

Best game this gen so far easily for me.

Sayins that I wish they would start milking Zoe or bring back snatcher in stea dof making new MGS so soon.

sprocket said:
4 done everything right IMO. Changes the controls in a great way. Fille dint he story in a great way. And turn raiden into a badass.

Best game this gen so far easily for me.

Sayins that I wish they would start milking Zoe or bring back snatcher in stea dof making new MGS so soon.

Look, it's Kojima's translator.

iceatcs

bobbytkc said:
you mean the meta tags?

c'mon, they just probably want to direct the MGS fans to the teaser website and add traffic. I mean, if you are a developer, wouldn't you want the fans of your games to pay attention to your next project?

I know I would add these tags if I were the developer. It would seem foolish not to do so.
Fair enough, but it isn't work in this way using traffic since no adverts on their site.
But I know what you mean about attention.
Also, there are other hits on next Metal Gear esp PSBlog, Kojima's GDC etc...

So there is no-one can stop they will think it is next Metal Gear.

Mamesj

Banned
kazuma_pt said:
i'm glad you're not part of koji pro

oh deep cuts

Yoboman said:
You know, for the sake of the industry, I'd like to see a series just fucking END. That goes for Halo too, but they're already on the spin off bandwagon

They're video games, nothing sacred. Keep 'em going for as long as they want (which is as long as they're financially viable.)

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Wait

Maybe this new MGS game will be...

on PSP.

DCharlie

Banned
Most people took between 19-24 hours.

huh? is this right? i think i ended up with 10 hours or so on the game clock.

no problems with the length of the game at all imo either, pretty much a perfect length for me.

Spiegel

Ether_Snake said:
Wait

Maybe this new MGS game will be...

on PSP.

It's very likely.

MGS:pO/PO+ sold pretty good and it's been three/two years since their release.

Or it could be a ds game.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Blargh I hate these announcements of teasers of announcements>:| Why not show it now? Why Monday? It makes no difference.

Shurs

WhiteAce said:
huh? is this right? i think i ended up with 10 hours or so on the game clock.

no problems with the length of the game at all imo either, pretty much a perfect length for me.

Right. So with cutscenes it took you 19 hours? The in game clock counts the cutscenes in the total playtime.

Mamesj said:
All I ask is that if it is MGS5, they completely retcon 2 and forget it ever happened.

Fixed

This was the game that start it all from the convoluted plot to silly contradictions.
The arm possessing ocelot is still stupid even with mgs4's weak attempt at explaining it.
I also hated the ending. Lol at people walking around arsenal gear as if it wasn't there while 2 guys with weapons talk in plain sight. Lets not forget about the dead former president in a battle suit. Snake's speech at the end was also long and pompous.

StuBurns

Banned
GeneralIroh said:
Fixed

This was the game that start it all from the convoluted plot to silly contradictions.
I also hated the ending. Lol at people walking around arsenal gear as if it wasn't there while 2 guys with weapons talk in plain sight. Lets not forget about the dead former president in a battle suit. Snake's speech at the end was also long and pompous.
They're on the roof of arsenal gear.

And the President was revealed to be the bad guy at the end of MGS1. Should we ignore that too?

Mamesj

Banned
GeneralIroh said:
Fixed

The arm possessing ocelot is still stupid even with mgs4's weak attempt at explaining it.

Okay, I can agree. Get Kojima off the LSD, cut out 2 and 4, do a 3 remake (multi-plat), then make MGS2 Redux

stuburns said:

I clearly remember people walking around Snake and Raiden.

The only mgs games with decent storytelling were mgs 1 and mgs 3 because they didn't try to bite off more than they can chew.
I enjoy conspiracy stories but I can't stand it when it becomes over the top and pointless.

Why did ocelot betray solidus snake if they had the same goal in mind?

StuBurns

Banned
GeneralIroh said:
I clearly remember people walking around Snake and Raiden.
Oh I misunderstood. Yeah, you're right. It's meant to be symbolic about how the S3 program can control everything.

stuburns said:

And the President was revealed to be the bad guy at the end of MGS1. Should we ignore that too?

No, they were on the street in front of Federal Hall, next to the crashed Arsenal.

And MGS2 grew a lot on me. My first reaction, when it came out, was "What the hell did I just watch." But then after replaying it a bunch of times, and having 8 years to think about it, it's honestly a great game. Yeah, it's crazy and silly in a lot of places, but it somehow worked. Honestly, MGS3 and Portable Ops felt weaker in terms of story, despite having less wacky metaphysics.

StuBurns

Banned
GeneralIroh said:
Kojima needs to work on symbolism without being over the top.
I agree it was a little over board. But I enjoyed it. I still think MGS2 is the best in the series.

And I think he has toned it down and become much more subtle, there is virtually nothing that far out in 3 or 4. The flowers at the end of Snake Eater are a much much better idea.

JimmyV

Banned
I just want a remake of Snake Eater for next gen :( I dont care if tis 360 or PS3, I just want it.

But even more, I want ZOE 3!

BUT EVEN MORE...I want something completely new. I serioulsy hope this isnt another MGS. I really want to see what Kojima is really capable of.

karasu

stuburns said:
Are you counting cutscenes though?
You're already like an 8th of the way thru.

There have barely been any cut scenes so far. The only ones that stand our are the initial MKII cutscene and Drebin. I've just been sneaking around a lot;shooting things.

StuBurns

Banned
karasu said:
There have barely been any cut scenes so far. The only ones that stand our are the initial MKII cutscene and Drebin. I've just been sneaking around a lot;shooting things.
Well there is the 2 minute game intro, then the massive pre-briefing, which is about 30 minutes. Then the first intro which is 8 minutes, then it's about 10 seconds till you crawl under the van, then there's another cutscene, then 20 seconds to go around the corner, then another, then maybe 30 seconds running, then another, that one lasting quite awhile. As it leads to the title screen and a second intro movie showing the graveyard scene.

I'd say before you really get to play (where the demo starts), there's an a hour of cutscenes.

stuburns said:
I agree it was a little over board. But I enjoyed it. I still think MGS2 is the best in the series.

And I think he has toned it down and become much more subtle, there is virtually nothing that far out in 3 or 4. The flowers at the end of Snake Eater are a much much better idea.

I loved The Boss's death scene. Unfortunately Kojima went back to the old ways by having scenes such as Raiden's fake death scene where he jumped in front of outer haven, drebin's monkey, break dancing with gekkous attached to his feet, Otacon's crying scene, shooting the BB corp when they were out of their suits, FROGS switching to knives as snake is on the ground, and the following scene where the FROGs just watch Raiden and Snake's melodrama.

I hope Kojima learned a few things from Infinity Ward. All the scenes in cod4 were tense and reasonable.

Did anyone else find shooting the enemies in mgs4 to feel lifeless and shallow? I'm a sadistic mofo that enjoyed torturing the soldiers in mgs2 and 3.

StuBurns

Banned
GeneralIroh said:
I loved The Boss's death scene. Unfortunately Kojima went back to the old ways by having scenes such as Raiden's fake death scene where he jumped in front of outer haven, drebin's monkey, break dancing with gekkous attached to his feet, Otacon's crying scene. shooting the BB corp when they were out of their suits, FROGS switching to knives as snake is on the ground, and the following scene where the FROGs just watch Raiden and Snake's melodrama.

I hope Kojima learned a few things from Infinity Ward. All the scenes in cod4 were tense and reasonable.
I fully agree, I think MGS4 did his most over the top stuff yet, I just meant in terms of symbolism it's cut back. The 'meaning' of MGS4 seems much more subtle, hidden behind the over the top ninja stuff.

karasu

stuburns said:
Well there is the 2 minute game intro, then the massive pre-briefing, which is about 30 minutes. Then the first intro which is 8 minutes, then it's about 10 seconds till you crawl under the van, then there's another cutscene, then 20 seconds to go around the corner, then another, then maybe 30 seconds running, then another, that one lasting quite awhile. As it leads to the title screen and a second intro movie showing the graveyard scene.

I'd say before you really get to play (where the demo starts), there's an a hour of cutscenes.

I don't even notice. Guess I'm just too busy looking good. Not that I mind at all. As long as there are no parrots, E.E.s, or slow motion walks of strength and fraternity- the cut scenes are a part of the fun.

Get stuffed, Iroh! Why are there spoilers in this thread? Jesus.

NeoUltima

GeneralIroh said:
I loved The Boss's death scene. Unfortunately Kojima went back to the old ways by having scenes such as Raiden's fake death scene where he jumped in front of outer haven, drebin's monkey, break dancing with gekkous attached to his feet, Otacon's crying scene, shooting the BB corp when they were out of their suits, FROGS switching to knives as snake is on the ground, and the following scene where the FROGs just watch Raiden and Snake's melodrama.

I think your forgetting something...This is Metal Gear.

JimmyV

Banned
akachan ningen said:
that'd be a waste of time. The original holds up just fine.

It does. But the fact that Kojima originally wanted it on the PS3 means theres gotta be a shit load of stuff that wasnt put in.

StuBurns

Banned
karasu said:
I don't even notice. Guess I'm just too busy looking good. Not that I mind at all. As long as there are no parrots, E.E.s, or slow motion walks of strength and fraternity- the cut scenes are a part of the fun.

Get stuffed, Iroh! Why are there spoilers in this thread? Jesus.
I wasn't complaining. I enjoyed them, and they're not compulsory (with very few exceptions). There is some stuff later that's pretty over the top, but nothing quite as painful to watch as the slow motion walking.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
It's still just a cloud on the site. So I'm guessing Monday it will just go to the thunderstorm cloud?

Argh.

NeoUltima

Even as a huge MGS fan I really would rather see KJPs next flagship game be something different. I would like to see what else they could do.

Ether_Snake said:
It's still just a cloud on the site. So I'm guessing Monday it will just go to the thunderstorm cloud?

Argh.
Should be 12 am on 5/18 in Japan tomorrow at 11 AM EST. So it will change than hopefully.

DCharlie

Banned
So with cutscenes it took you 19 hours?

will check later, laid out in bed sick but the clock time was something like 10-11 hours.

i -did- skip the drebbin explainations of the battles as i frankly didn't really care after half way through the second one so that possibly cut a fair amount of time (?)

anyways, will check- but as i say, not sure why people are obsessed with the time of the game. Game felt a decent length to me, perfect in fact.

back to the reveal - the weather thing got me thinking. What if Kojipro are working on someone elses IP.... like Persona? :O :O :O

Gravijah said:
Holy fuck BIRDS JUST COMPLETELY ATE THIS DUDE WTFFFFFFFF

I found that I have a much easier time to overlook the weird stuff in MGS1 because most of the times, the themes is already very familiar.

giant robot is a common theme in gaming

supernatural aspect of psycho mantis is very familiar in our world, I don't know if it's real or not, but there's real world interest in this stuff, so it's not too far fetched in the game.

Ninja is also common and real. cyborg ninja is just the adaptation to the mgs world where they have giant robots in it. we even have robocop and terminator movies to make us more familiar with the theme.

crow eating corpse is very out there, but during the fight, Vulcan Raven is simply big guy with giant weapon, not too far fetched. so it's easier to overlook it.

on comparison to mgs 2,

Vampire is a common familiar theme sure, but I think most people know it's fantasy and not real unlike ninja.

I think people will be more accepting to Fortune is she's introduced as someone with telekinesis ability to deflect bullet instead of lady luck. the concept of lady luck is really out there and hard to accept to be real. it's one thing if she's just lucky and never get hit while she's running around, but for a bullet to bend like that is just unreal.

MGS3 also have vry out there concept like The End growing moss, Volgin has electric powers etc. but the bosses is never a big focus in the story in mgs 3, so it's easier to ignore them imo.

JimmyV

Banned
Callibretto said:
I found that I have a much easier time to overlook the weird stuff in MGS1 because most of the times, the themes is already very familiar.

giant robot is a common theme in gaming

supernatural aspect of psycho mantis is very familiar in our world, I don't know if it's real or not, but there's real world interest in this stuff, so it's not too far fetched in the game.

Ninja is also common and real. cyborg ninja is just the adaptation to the mgs world where they have giant robots in it. we even have robocop and terminator movies to make us more familiar with the theme.

crow eating corpse is very out there, but during the fight, Vulcan Raven is simply big guy with giant weapon, not too far fetched. so it's easier to overlook it.

on comparison to mgs 2,

Vampire is a common familiar theme sure, but I think most people know it's fantasy and not real unlike ninja.

I think people will be more accepting to Fortune is she's introduced as someone with telekinesis ability to deflect bullet instead of lady luck. the concept of lady luck is really out there and hard to accept to be real. it's one thing if she's just lucky and never get hit while she's running around, but for a bullet to bend like that is just unreal.

MGS3 also have vry out there concept like The End growing moss, Volgin has electric powers etc. but the bosses is never a big focus in the story in mgs 3, so it's easier to ignore them imo

LOL but ninjas in ninjas in real life vs. gaming/tv kinda is fantasy.

jimmbow said:
LOL but ninjas in ninjas in real life vs. gaming/tv kinda is fantasy.

it's all about how far you can suspend your disbelief right? some people here will insist that MGS1 is pretty realistic compared to MGS 2. why's that? both have pretty out there element in the game, but something in mgs 2 make it harder to accept. I just offer my view about why some people think like that.

Dever

Banned
iceatcs said:
Blame the alternate codes on the teaser site:
Videogame adaption of
B000TGJ8CQ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

???

Top Bottom