• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Power Rangers Twitch Marathon |OT3| Millions Dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
They invited Ziggy back but he had to say no due to filming conflicts. We almost got Ziggy back! =(

With Ziggy being a no, I'm guessing we're not gonna see any other RPM Rangers. Wait, what are Gem and Gemma doing?

Who wants gem and gemma?

jwk94

Can we at least get a Dr. K cameo?
If one of the Super Mega rangers appears on screen with her, maybe they'll ask about the Falcon zord.

The only K cameo we need is

yup

you guessed it

Karone

You really like Dr. K lol.

So I just checked and the clips in the OP still work! They were supposed to go offline not long after the stream. Really happy they decided to keep em up.

jwk94

Yoshi Sudarso (Dino Charge Blue) just posted that he's going to New Zealand. I guess he might be filming a cameo in Super Ninja Steel! Hopefully more of the Dino Charge rangers return. Lord have mercy if we got a full-on team-up.

WillyFive

Yoshi Sudarso (Dino Charge Blue) just posted that he's going to New Zealand. I guess he might be filming a cameo in Super Ninja Steel! Hopefully more of the Dino Charge rangers return. Lord have mercy if we got a full-on team-up.

He better be there. The world deserves a Sudaro Ranger teamup.

Yeah that build up was legendary back then. I had no idea what to expect other than the Zeo crystal.
I remember those weird promo clips where they had a scientist go to this telescope which controlled a laser. He shot the shit into the sky and carved the symbols (oval, star, triangle, etc) out of a random gold wall.

They never explained that shit. XD

I'm gonna laugh if they splice it with him in Ninninger as well

jwk94

I remember those weird promo clips where they had a scientist go to this telescope which controlled a laser. He shot the shit into the sky and carved the symbols (oval, star, triangle, etc) out of a random gold wall.

They never explained that shit. XD
Probably vandalizing Pyramidas lol

He better be there. The world deserves a Sudaro Ranger teamup.
We really do need that.

I'm gonna laugh if they splice it with him in Ninninger as well

That would be glorious.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Koda was the best character in Dino Charge.
I'd be down with that. Hopefully Ninja Steel stops being garbage but that's probably asking too much

jwk94

Koda was the best character in Dino Charge.
I'd be down with that. Hopefully Ninja Steel stops being garbage but that's probably asking too much

But....Ivan =(

If Dino Charge can go from promising to bad in a winter break, maybe Ninja Steel can too. Just gotta do something about those new writers.

jwk94

Almost done witht he Alien Ranger saga. Cestro should've been the red ranger. Only him and Delphine do anything. I don't think Black has had any lines outside of fighting and morphing. Delphine is only there because she acts as the ambassador for them. Otherwise, girl doesn't do anything either.

Umm... Dillon is probably busy. He's practically Hemsworth level famous in Australia.

Did not know that. Whelp, Finn and Gem and Gemma are cool. Or just grab Dr. K.

Tanya: Did I tell you about the sick animals?
Aisha: Nah, girl. Keep going, I think the episode's almost done.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Been rewatching Power Rangers S.P.D.

Fuck I hated this during the marathon? The fuck was I thinking?! Shit's fucking amazing. Will rewatch Mystic Force too. I loved it, so...I guess I'll hate it now?

Been rewatching Power Rangers S.P.D.

Fuck I hated this during the marathon? The fuck was I thinking?! Shit's fucking amazing. Will rewatch Mystic Force too. I loved it, so...I guess I'll hate it now?
I'll repeat the same thing that -- unjustly -- earned scorn from other posters, but SPD's biggest problem is that it had the most limited soundtrack in the franchise. Every single action scene used the instrumental SPD theme, and it got old fucking fast. It was also from that terrible Disney era of overused wire-fu.

The Hell Siblings 2-parter was great though.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I legitimately didn't notice that the OST was that limited. Shit now I will not be able to ignore it. But I won't mind it. Action music rocks yo!

WillyFive

SPD had great music. They made some great themes and leitmotifs for that show, and it sounded great; especially the morphing theme and the fanfare for the SPD HQ.

The shows I find with unbearable scores are Ninja Storm, Operation Overdrive, and 95% of all scenes of every episode of the NeoSaban shows.

What's the best way to watch early Power Rangers? The quality on Netflix for Mighty Morphin Power Rangers is unacceptably bad. Is the DVD release or any other digital versions better?

WillyFive

What's the best way to watch early Power Rangers? The quality on Netflix for Mighty Morphin Power Rangers is unacceptably bad. Is the DVD release or any other digital versions better?

For Power Rangers, Netflix is as good as it gets I think. Super Sentai has Blu-Rays releases for a lot of shows though.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Mystic Force is so fucking unique and good, but holy shit Nick's the biggest Gary Stu in the show. Worse than Tommy. I remember his random as fuck face heel turn and...fuck me. TJ would slap the fuck out of this asshole.

MartyStu

I'll repeat the same thing that -- unjustly -- earned scorn from other posters, but SPD's biggest problem is that it had the most limited soundtrack in the franchise. Every single action scene used the instrumental SPD theme, and it got old fucking fast. It was also from that terrible Disney era of overused wire-fu.

The Hell Siblings 2-parter was great though.

I noticed this as well, but I actually like the theme enough that I did not really get all that tired of it. It is really good.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Xander is right up there with Cam in Green Rangers terms. Fuck y'all. Nick is shit. Vida and Madison are amazing. Chip is Chip tier. This is both a good and bad thing.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I forgot to share this a couple weeks ago but I renamed my clan in Destiny.

C-PkN6CXkAA6t7w.jpg:large

Mystic Force is so fucking unique and good, but holy shit Nick's the biggest Gary Stu in the show. Worse than Tommy. I remember his random as fuck face heel turn and...fuck me. TJ would slap the fuck out of this asshole.
Never have I seen bigger wasted potential than Magiranger -> Mystic Force. They literally centered the entire show around Nick, sacrificing the other rangers to be low supporting characters.

jwk94

I forgot to share this a couple weeks ago but I renamed my clan in Destiny.

C-PkN6CXkAA6t7w.jpg:large
You're now stronger than before.

Xander is right up there with Cam in Green Rangers terms. Fuck y'all. Nick is shit. Vida and Madison are amazing. Chip is Chip tier. This is both a good and bad thing.

I agree with your assessments.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Ninja Storm was this marathon's biggest shocker. The jokes actually cracked me up.

Highlight of that season for me was when Tori said "she got worked" and myself and another gaffer quickly posted "worked yourself into a shoot!" and then someone else caught the joke. Haven't laughed that hard in ages.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Ninja Storm was this marathon's biggest shocker. The jokes actually cracked me up.

Not for me. That was always top tier series for me. What was shocking is how much dino thunder doesn't stand up as well.

And still pissed that I missed rpm with everyone

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Just a reminder that Shout Factory has officially released the Gekisou Sentai Carranger boxset today. See the original context of Turbo's strangest moments, including the time they were baked into a pizza.

Not for me. That was always top tier series for me. What was shocking is how much dino thunder doesn't stand up as well.

And still pissed that I missed rpm with everyone

I checked out of Power Rangers around In Space but when Nicktoons got a few series (Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder, Jungle Fury and eventually Time Force) I started to get back into it. Of those Dino Thunder was my least favorite. I just found it pretty meh. While watching it I was like "yep, this is Power Rangers alright". With Jungle Fury i dug them trying to at least do something a little different with the villains. Ninja Storm and Time Force are way above either of them though.

Manbig

When catching the marathon, I always thought that Jungle Fury was on the verge of being a pretty good season, but it just... lacked something. It didn't help that every non-RJ ranger was really not that exciting to watch on screen.

Randomly running into that second to last episode of Jungle Fury in the marathon was a real kick for me and my friend. I just happened to put the stream on right when it started. It's like 5 minutes of exposition, and then it just turns into this insane action packed episode which is capped off by this 7 on 2 fight scene with awesome music and Super Robot Wars style super attacks. I would've been all about this if I were a kid. Hell, I'm kinda all about it right now as an adult!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom