• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Power Rangers Twitch Marathon |OT3| Millions Dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xfactor99

The stream's number man. Fking Mystic and OO kill it so bad I don't think RPM can even help this.

irl I vividly remember the fanbase collapsing between SPD and Mystic Force, a further decrease during Operation Overdrive, and complete apathy during Jungle Fury. So I'm not surprised the same thing happened here.

Midonin

I remember the first part of the JF finale being pretty good, and the second part being way too rushed.

irl I vividly remember the fanbase collapsing between SPD and Mystic Force, a further decrease during Operation Overdrive, and complete apathy during Jungle Fury. So I'm not surprised the same thing happened here.
Lived through it, can confirm.

ash321

The fanbase (me included) hate the freaking sun glasses and the suit. So JF first impression wasn't very good right out the gate.

Toa TAK

Banned
I checked out mid-way through SPD myself.

I was too old for Power Rangers. Too old at 11 years old.

Geist-

Peeps who have kept watching through adulthood, what kept you watching without twitch chat? I don't think I could watch this without the commentary.
Not saying Jungle Fury is bad, I just mean Power Rangers in general.

Skittles

So if you go to "clips" on the stream you can see all the clips people have done so far. Not sure if this all the clips people have made during the stream, or the ones which get played between episodes.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I'm still watching but...uhh. Yeah....SPD sucked the enjoyment out of the franchise for me. Mystic Force and Jungle Fury are about on the same Lost Galaxy level of "Good most of the time." Maybe RPM will rekindle my love.

Geist-

So if you go to "clips" on the stream you can see all the clips people have done so far. Not sure if this all the clips people have made during the stream, or the ones which get played between episodes.
One of my clips showed up on the list despite never being shown during the breaks, so pretty sure it's every clip made.

Skittles

Peeps who have kept watching through adulthood, what kept you watching without twitch chat? I don't think I could watch this without the commentary.
I imagine people watched the sentai series and just kept up with Power Rangers by proxy. Meaning they checked it occasionally to see if it was worth watching.

I'm still watching but...uhh. Yeah....SPD sucked the enjoyment out of the franchise for me. Mystic Force and Jungle Fury are about on the same Lost Galaxy level of "Good most of the time." Maybe RPM will rekindle my love.
Wait, why didn't you like SPD? Surprised you got much enjoyment out of mystic force

Midonin

The Rangerboard community, a smaller group of friends within that community, and the same way of joking through the weirdness that Twitch has adopted. Also better access to the Sentai and realizing Toei still cares about producing a good show, in addition to discovering Kamen Rider during that same time period.

hutna

I'm curious about this too. I was already well into High School when the show first premiered, and I found it too childish for me. In hind sight I think if I gave it a real shot back then I may have ended up enjoying it.

My theory is many have a sense of belonging to a community. The fandom, or a close group of friends they shared the show with. I know that is a big reason I'm enjoying it now: the communal aspects of this thread and twitch.

xfactor99

I was a bit younger than MMPR's target demographic, so I grew up on Space through Time Force. That era brought so much good equity with me that I stuck with the show through my early teens through SPD. Since SPD, the only season I've actually watched all the way through is RPM, everything else is just huge crapola.

With every new season I pop in for the premiere, follow a few eps after that and just lose interest. At this point the show has had only 1.5 seasons since 2005, so I've pretty much given up on it. But I have extremely fond memories of the early seasons of my childhood, so it's been a blast re-watching them with y'all during this stream and finding new memes in them. MILLIONS DEAD! SPACE DAD! MY QUEEN!!! Kreygasm

Geist-

My theory is many have a sense of belonging to a community. The fandom, or a close group of friends they shared the show with. I know that is a big reason I'm enjoying it now: the communal aspects of this thread and twitch.
Hmm, I can see that. Is there a Power Rangers community thread? I'd keep up with the series if I had you guys to watch it with.

I was a bit younger than MMPR's target demographic, so I grew up on Space through Time Force. That era brought so much good equity with me that I stuck with the show through my early teens through SPD. Since SPD, the only season I've actually watched all the way through is RPM, everything else is just huge crapola.

With every new season I pop in for the premiere, maybe an ep or two after that and just lose interest. At this point the show has had only 1.5 seasons since 2005, so I've pretty much given up on it. But I have extremely fond memories of the early seasons of my childhood, so it's been a blast re-watching them with y'all during this stream and finding new memes in them. MILLIONS DEAD!
I quit some time during Dino Thunder and have basically forgotten it existed until the new movie popped up on my radar and after that this marathon. This marathon has been a highlight and I'm having a blast as well. I kind of don't want it to end honestly.

Midonin

Since we're getting close to RPM, another interesting bit of fandom trivia.

Disney gave RPM close to no promotion. The only way we found out anything about it at first was a promo being "leaked" to a select few members on Rangerboard. It certainly helped to drum up hype.

Zackat

I liked the power rangers movie way more than I was expecting. Properly hammy in spots. Is there even an OT for it? Lol.

WillyFive

I never watched Power Rangers as a kid; I thought it was stupid.

It wasn't until I was in college that I realized this was like a superhero movie with practical special effects and over-the-top animation every week, especially Sentai with all it's crazy action and dramatic orchestral score.

Midonin

Haven't kept up on Kamen Rider. How many do they have on a team?
Riders don't work in teams. It's a group of heroes who all have their own agendas. Ryuki and Gaim have had the most, with 12+. Though even something like the current Ex-Aid has at least six or seven.

Haven't kept up on Kamen Rider. How many do they have on a team?

There aren't really "teams" in Kamen Riders per se, though in shows that have multiple riders, they tend to keep a select few as core characters that may have their own individual agendas while other Riders have more tertiary and peripheral roles.

I think Kamen Rider Gaim currently has the most Riders spread across the series and movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom