• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Preacher |OT| The Beginning Is Nigh - Sundays 10/9c on AMC

Korigama

Yeah...as dark and weird as that whole sequence was, I can't really be bothered to care about that town getting wiped off the map. This show has gone well past the Eight Deadly Words point for me.

Korigama

Pretty sure I missed what that opening for the second to last episode on the gondola at the ski resort in Vail had to do with anything.

Pretty sure I missed what that opening for the second to last episode on the gondola at the ski resort in Vail had to do with anything.
That was Cincannon's (lol I have no idea how to spell his name) family dying in a tragic accident.

Edit: And there you go. The correct spelling, haha.

Korigama

*hears Seth Rogen mention having gone for creating more emotional attachment to everyone before having the show kill them*

Swing and a miss for me.
I thought that was how Quincannon's family died?

That was Cincannon's (lol I have no idea how to spell his name) family dying in a tragic accident.

Edit: And there you go. The correct spelling, haha.
Ah, so that was how it happened then. Shows how much attention I was paying (only got around to watching last week's episode with the repeat tonight, so wrongly thought that what actually happened to his family wasn't explained, just remembered the crates and intestines). Thanks, appreciated.

Well, the last 20 minutes felt more like the comic book.

Fake God was great.

The town going up was great, but not how it was in the comic but ehh.

I dunno, I might jump in on season 2 but so far I am not confident the next season will be any better or closer to the source material.

Not to mention with several characters being partially or fully assassinated lore wise and characterization wise.

Feels like the show misses the point.

I think Preacher did well for a First Season of a Comic to TV Show. The Show gets better from Episode Four onwards.

The First 3 Episodes are painfully slow. Overall I think this is going to be a good adaptation, not perfect by any means, but a good adaptation.

As someone who has never read the comics, I really like the show, it's a strange show with very Dark Humour and it's not for everyone.

I'm probably going to pick up some copies of Preacher and see what I think about the Comic because I know nothing how this story goes.

I believe it doesn't have to be so close to the Source Material to be good. Let's hope they don't spend in one place for a season like the Walking Dead did for their second season because that killed that show for me

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Very ending felt a little flat to me, loved the God sequence though and aftermath leaving up to it. But the lack of consequence of Anneville blowing up to Jesse and co and removing his more direct involvement in it felt off. Sad Quinncanon is probably gone for good. Meat daughter was creepy but a far cry from the comic. Also wish they'd have worked in the "go fuck yourself" sequence, even if it was with someone else.

Overall I really liked the season and adaptation and look forward to the roadshow next season.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Very ending felt a little flat to me, loved the God sequence though and aftermath leaving up to it. But the lack of consequence of Anneville blowing up to Jesse and co and removing his more direct involvement in it felt off. Sad Quinncanon is probably gone for good. Meat daughter was creepy but a far cry from the comic. Also wish they'd have worked in the "go fuck yourself" sequence, even if it was with someone else.

Overall I really liked the season and adaptation and look forward to the roadshow next season.

Kind of hoping some people survived so they can show up later for a bigger payoff..... But if not it's ok. Quincannon though was so much creepier in the comic the meat Baby is a slight let down.

squidyj

I disliked everyone fucking losing it after finding out that god was missing.

"How can you be good without god?" is such a shitty stupid question often posed to Atheists "you can't" being the presumptive answer.

Question for comic book readers, is the whole, "God is missing," scenario longer in the comics? Seemed pretty short for something that could of been awesome.

Zoe

Guess I should of phrased it differently.

Does the town explode as fast as it did in the show? Basically, I think it would of been awesome to see the town fall apart for an episode or two before having it blow up.

It was supposed to have blown up when Genesis appeared. The producers wanted to build an emotional connection with the town before blowing them up.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The last 10 minutes were great. It's just too bad that we spent so much time here... because I think if this was a six episode arc without all the filler, it would have been better received. It really needed to embrace the wacky shit earlier.

Type2

I enjoyed it and appreciate the thought the show runners took to bring this to TV. While I don't agree with everything and the season definitely dragged at times the show does make for a unique experience.

I'm hoping they learn to fix some of the pacing issues in the following season as well as some issues I have with the authenticity of some of the characters.

Karsha

The town exploding part was so random I didn't even realize it happened, thought only his church got destroyed. Where was the french fries place? lol
Also not sure if Jessie heard about it, they act as if nothing happened.
This episode felt weird, with last episodes hype I thought the cowboy would appear and do some shit but nope, he gets 20 seconds.

Top Bottom