• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predators... with Adrien Brody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas

Fuck! Brody is a weedy little shit!

Hopefully he gets his anus ripped out in the first 5 minutes...

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Solo said:
Are people comparing the casting of a no name lead character in a Predator reboot to the casting of an iconic character in the Joker?

eh, dude, if anything that should make the possibilities for casting open up more, not less. i mean, you know absolutely nothing about this main character, so how can you know brody doesn't fit the bill?

Pakkidis

I don't care how good this movie is or isn't, the first predator was great and holds up very well today, no remake is needed here and the fact that they decided to do one already spells trouble for me.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
We're talking about a Legacy of Ballers here. Arnold Schwarzenegger. Danny Glover. And then, Adrien Brody? I don't doubt he'd get jacked for the role, but I hardly doubt the man will become governor or shoot diplomats in the face, here.

yacobod

Banned
what a stupid idea

predator is like the ultimate 80s action movie, just a complete testosterone overload, look at the cast, arnold, apollo creed, jesse ventura, sonny landham, bill duke, and how funny that jean claude van damme was originally cast as the predator

and predator 2 sucks

Solo

beelzebozo said:
eh, dude, if anything that should make the possibilities for casting open up more, not less. i mean, you know absolutely nothing about this main character, so how can you know brody doesn't fit the bill?

I think we're saying the same thing. What I mean is that Im laughing at the "remember Heath Ledger as the Joker?" posts. The Joker was an iconic character and people were worried about if he would do it justice. With this Predator guy, its like, who? No one gives a rats ass, so sure, cast Brody, cast whoever you like.

You all are ignoring the fact that Walton Goggins is in this. If they use him wisely (which they probably won't, I'm sure he'll probably play cocky guy who is killed first and audience laughs) this movie has a shot at being decent in spite of everything else.

CrankyJay

Banned
Can't decide what is uglier: an unmasked predator or Danny Trejo.

predator.jpg

vs.

Spike+TV+Scream+2007+Arrivals+tcfjhDfc0QVl.jpg

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Solo said:
I think we're saying the same thing. What I mean is that Im laughing at the "remember Heath Ledger as the Joker?" posts. The Joker was an iconic character and people were worried about if he would do it justice. With this Predator guy, its like, who? No one gives a rats ass, so sure, cast Brody, cast whoever you like.

oh, yeah, we totally are. i should know better than to doubt you really.

Nocebo

neorej said:
Yeah, an alien that cleans out an entire room full of gun-toting drug-dealing pussies, what a wimp.
Yet the predator in question got taken out by an out of shape, slightly overweight cop. It was ridiculous.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Nocebo said:
Yet the predator in question got taken out by an out of shape, slightly overweight cop. It was ridiculous.

You forgot to take the fact that the cop in question was Danny FUCKING Glover into the equation.

I'm excited for this. <3 Brody. I can easily see him playing a calculating creep and murderer. He doesn't have to be roided-up for a role like that, and this'll be a nice twist on his usual tortured, sensitive types.

neorej said:
You forgot to take the fact that the cop in question was Danny FUCKING Glover into the equation.
Yeah, but even in Predator 2, he was still too old for this shit.

I'm going to get my ass raped by an elephant but I thought Predator 2 sucked, expecially compared to 1

so yeah, cast Brody, franchise's already down the shitter

Anasui Kishibe said:
I'm going to get my ass raped by an elephant but I thought Predator 2 sucked, expecially compared to 1

so yeah, cast Brody, franchise's already down the shitter

Yeah, Predator 2 certainly sucked. Then again, the first Predator was an impossible act to follow. No amount of Bill Paxton was going to save it.

Apoc29

Who said they all had to be roided-up badasses? There was that one guy in Predator... (searches Wikipedia), Hawkins, who was part of the team and was a scrawny dork. Yeah, he died first, but whatever.

KevinCow

Banned
Wait, I just read in the Venom thread that this has Topher Grace in it. What the fuck?

Also, do we know yet if this is going to follow in the same continuity as the other Predator movies, or will it be a complete reboot?

...Actually, on that note, I've never been clear: is the AvP series part of the Alien and Predator continuities, thus linking all three into one big universe?

KevinCow said:
Wait, I just read in the Venom thread that this has Topher Grace in it. What the fuck?

Also, do we know yet if this is going to follow in the same continuity as the other Predator movies, or will it be a complete reboot?

...Actually, on that note, I've never been clear: is the AvP series part of the Alien and Predator continuities, thus linking all three into one big universe?

1. It is a sequel to at least the first film (the second was barely a sequel to the first one anyway).

2. Aliens and Predators have technically been in the same universe since Predator 2 when we see an Alien skull in the Predator's ship. It's more of an easter egg than anything else, though.

The AvP series started as comic books and then later turned into novels and a couple brilliant PC games. The movie continuities came together officially with the first AvP film which was nothing like the comics/books/games which were mostly in the future "Aliens" timeframe. That and the one that followed were so shit that I'm pretty sure no one really counts them for anything.

Ovid

I don't see how this movie could top the original. Predator (with Arnold) is the ultimate balls to the wall, testosterone driven, guns ablazen action movie.

evil ways

Too many Spy Kids movies have definitely fucked up Robert Rodriguez's perception of a good script. So sad.

If that script is real, I can't believe this is the same guy who gave us guitar cases filled with guns, Agent Sands and the Gecko Brothers.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
this will suck because a lean man cannot be fit and strong and handle weapons correctly! Steroid abuse is required for this damnit.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
laurence fishburne joins the cast

Big news posted earlier this afternoon at Bloody-Disgusting. According to them, Laurence Fishburne is the newest addition to the Predators cast.

No word yet on who Fishburne will be playing, but we can only hope that he gets an opportunity to go all Ike Turner on one of the galaxy’s most feared hunters.

Predators is currently shooting in Austin, Texas with Nimrod Antal directing and Robert Rodriguez producing. The film is slated for a July 2010 release date. Expect more news on this as details come into focus.

danny glover: too old for this shit
adrien brody: too scrawny for this shit
laurence fisburne: too _______ (?) for this shit

I just found out Jean-Claude Van Damme was originally the Predator for a day or so in the very first movie. He either quit or was fired, not sure which.

BRING BACK JVCD-THE PREDATOR :lol

(or JVCD vs Predator)

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Adrien fucking Brody? Might as well tie a gun to a lampost and cast that in the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom