• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Preorder Shadow Hearts 2, get Shadow Hearts 1 free @ gamestop.com

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B281066A

Order Shadow Hearts: Covenant for PlayStation 2 and receive the game Shadow Hearts FREE! Shadow Hearts is a turn-based Role Playing Game that combines a haunting storyline with a unique battle system that is user controlled. Taking place during the early 20th century, the story starts with a young girl named Alice Eliot - the daughter of an expert exorcist - being transported by the Japanese Imperial army to China on a train. Powerful magican Roger Bacon is on the same train, with the intention of kidnapping her because he believes she is the key to his master plan to unlock ancient secrets that will destroy the earth.

Soul4ger

Midway is all about giving their shit away. Arcade Treasures, Deadly Alliance, Shadow Hearts...It's a good deal, mind you, but I don't like the "PROMOTIONAL ITEM ONLY - NOT FOR RESALE" thing plastered all over the cover.

callous

drohne said:
any relation to this roger bacon: http://www-gap.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/Mathematicians/Bacon.html ? i suppose he's sometimes considered an occult figure, but casting him as an evil magician is a bit of a stretch. then so is a train running from japan to china. japanese rpgs are so wacky.

I don't recall the train running from Japan to China, but I'll take your word for it. Anyway, to be fair, Shadow Hearts makes it quite clear to the player that it takes place on a kind of alternate Earth, so they are very much allowed to play around with historical facts as well as geography.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i've never played it; i'm just going on gamestop's description. i just think it's weird that they've called their evil magician roger bacon.

edit: i guess i've misread - the description just states that the japanese imperial army are taking the girl to china on a train, not that they're departing from japan. still - kinda wacky.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Shadow Hearts, while certainly a little differnt, is an overal solid, overlooked game. And for the price of free, its worth preordering :)

jiggle

drohne said:
i've never played it; i'm just going on gamestop's description. i just think it's weird that they've called their evil magician roger bacon.

spoiler about Roger Bacon:

in Shadow Hearts 1
The bad guy is not the real Roger Bacon. The real Bacon you'll meet later on.

in Shadow Hearts 2
Fake Roger Bacon is revealed to be not quite so bad, after all.

jiggle

Hell yes. SH2 is godly. Fun gameplay, good story, lots of hilarious moments, nice graphics, lots of secrets to search, and very nice graphics also. Best RPG I've played this year.

The first is a good game. It's flawed, but definitely not bad. Its major problem is that the 3D in the game is pretty much awful and texture detail is pretty horrid. It's still a decent game and I don't regret payinf $50 for it when it came out... let alone getting it for free.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Good idea by Midway, now people that are scared to purchase the second game because they haven't played the first will get both. And you are getting two rpgs for $49.99. I just might look into getting this now. Thanks for the heads up.

Link316

Banned
Soul4ger said:
Midway is all about giving their shit away. Arcade Treasures, Deadly Alliance, Shadow Hearts...It's a good deal, mind you, but I don't like the "PROMOTIONAL ITEM ONLY - NOT FOR RESALE" thing plastered all over the cover.

I doubt it'll happen but I hope they give Arcade Treasures along with Arcade Treasures 2

Anyone who doesn't own SH1, is out of their mind not to take advantage of this deal. Shadow Hearts is an awesome RPG, and SH2 looks even better. Two great games for the price of one.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Ok, I'm sold. Anyone else doing this besides Gamespot? I loathe that store.

Is this an online deal, or off?

Top Bottom