• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Press Reactions to Wonder Woman

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
This thread confirms that I will enjoy the salt in the official review thread no matter what the result is leaning towards.

Maximo

giphy.gif

Only if Wonder Woman kills.

giphy.gif

On one hand, though they don't appear to be going with an interpretation I prefer, it's good to see that a female character will potentially do super well, and Wonder Woman is a fitting character to demonstrate said success.

On the other hand, I kinda wanted to see the DC Train stay off track because I wanted my morbid curiosity sated.

Zen Aku

Damn if only it wasn't for Suicide Squad, Warner Bros. would have had a series of consecutive hits on their hands.

Man of Steel: Awesome
Batman v Superman: Awesome
Suicide Squad: Really Bad
Wonder Woman: apparently also Awesome

You means

Man of Steel: Decent
Batman v Superman: Horrendous
Suicide Squad: Terrible
Wonder Woman: "apparently Awesome"

I thought it was because the actor thought he should be paid as much as RDJ.

That too. Also Ike had no faith that a female-led movie could work and only agreed to green lighting Captain Marvel on the conditional that Marvel Studios does an Inhumans movie (which is a show at this point).

That was a thing? Ugh
Happy Ike has no say in the movies now

In truth it's unclear if it's a Ike thing or a Feige thing. What we know is Patty Jenkins left Thor 2 because they wouldn't let her use a female villain (and it's partly why Natalie Portman was so despondent in the movie) and that Hela is the villain in Thor Ragnarok (the first for MCU?). Ike losing his power was a big change, though. But who knows of other factors.

I've seen this gif dozens of time before but I'm just barely seeing it now, is dude really saying "niiice" after the neck break??

"that's the ticket"

and then Michael Shannon jokes that it looks like a chiropractor technique.

Not the biggest fan of Man of Steel, but it has an entertaining making of feature. Seeing BTS scenes of Cavill and Shannon grunting and yelling in a corner of Chicago's central station, while regular passengers are in the background watching them, is kind of amazing.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I thought my hype couldn't be higher but now it somehow is. I can't wait to see this with my daughter.

Theorry

"Loved WONDER WOMAN. She reminds me of Christopher Reeve's Superman: true north superhero w/ no angst or cynicism, which is needed right now."

You know WB. Give Patty Man of Steel 2.

Corpsepyre

Banned
It's 2017, and people are still wanting more Christopher Reeve's happy guy portrayal. Not sure if it's because he was that good or because people refuse to acknowledge change, or if that image of the character is all they have in their heads a superhero/superman can be.

My twitter app just broke had to reinstall that TL was crazy af of Wonder Woman I couldn't even retweet several others I follow experiencing same thing

Sojgat

Gal Gadot is good in this? I'm shocked because she was horrendous in the BvS.

How was she horrendous? She was the best part, and she barely had anything to do.

Gadot's Wonder Woman is pretty much the only thing about the DCEU I've liked so far.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
It's 2017, and people are still wanting more Christopher Reeve's happy guy portrayal. Not sure if it's because he was that good or because people refuse to acknowledge change, or if that image of the character is all they have in their heads a superhero/superman can be.

It's 2017 and people want the happy guy right now, because the real world is fucked up enough. >>

Dead

well not really...yet
See what happens take the zach snyder away?
But this movie was produced by Zack Snyder (who he himself cast Gal), and his production company (WW is a cruel and unusual production...suicide squad wasn't), and he is even credited for story

hughesta

Banned
But this movie was produced by Zack Snyder (who he himself cast Gal), and his production company (WW is a cruel and unusual production...suicide squad wasn't), and he is even credited for story
there's nothing wrong with Snyder being a chef, but for the love of god don't let him own the restaurant.

Durden77

Interesting, I haven't really been keeping up with the movie. Why does his suck fluctuate so much?

Glass Rebel

So in other words, let Zack Snyder do whatever he wants except actually direct. I am fine with that.

I can't wait for Aquaman, The Batman, Batgirl etc. to come out so BvS, Man of Steel and Suicide Squad only become distant memories.

Top Bottom