• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Press Reactions to Wonder Woman

Theorry

no that was Batman.

ww was a shit out of place forced cameo/muh universe building tool that had no character , no purpose to be in movie. also she had worst scenes with that email sequence and her terrible acting and not being able to speak english didnt help on library scenes
Museum part was the best part.

Spinluck

Are these the same early reactions that are always positive? I liked the trailers I've seen so I don't want to get burned again.

Oersted

Are these the same early reactions that are always positive? I liked the trailers I've seen so I don't want to get burned again.

First reactions are mostly by fans, not critics. Was the case with Suicide Squad for example. The reactions being from professional writers who don't depend on comicbookmovies does make me a bit hopeful.

jelly

Nice to hear but hopefully not the usual early praise.

Snyder ready "hold my beer" when Justice League releases to bring it all down again.

SpaceWolf

Banned
From an earlier thread:

I feel this film is either going to be one of two things....

1) A film that, stunning us all, will actually turn out to be a legitimately great superhero movie.

2) A film that will turn out to be a historic mess.

There will be no middle ground.

giphy.gif

When I saw that one trailer a few weeks ago I had the impression that this could turn out to be rather enjoyable and maybe actually even good. Unlike Bats vs Supes and most if not all DC movies...and shows.

Veelk

Banned
From an earlier thread:

giphy.gif

I'm pretty sure that will the perception of the film, but I think the actual quality will be somewhere in the middle of the road. I'm not expecting the Dark Knight out of this, but just...just be competent. Decent character arc. Cool fight scenes. Nice score and visuals. That's all I really want.

From Joshua Yehl:
"Wonder Woman is really good! Some parts don't work but her heroism & compassion in such a bleak war shine thru and make it a win. Best DCEU!"
https://twitter.com/JoshuaYehl/status/865441593511235584

Yes, I know, IGN, fanboy reviewer, etc. But I really like the guy and he's been very critical of the DCEU so far. But this also tells me that the movie is gonna be far from flawless, hopefully it's more than just a safe 6/10.

opricnik

Banned
Man of Steel: 2/3rd a terrible, TERRIBLE Superman origin movie, 1/3rd the live action DBZ movie dreams are made of.
Batman v. Superman: The worst film of 2016, The worst CBM ever made and possibly the worst film of all time.
Suicide Squad: ...at least it isn't the worst DCEU film OR the worst Will Smith movie of 2016

You probably watched 3 movie in your life time if you think Batman v Superman is worst film of all time

or trolling the fuck out everyone

Theecliff

Banned
From an earlier thread:

giphy.gif
...but why? i'm thinking it won't be either. at this point after all of the trailers and impressions i'm fully expecting a decent but not great film a la something along the lines of the first avenger, especially with these 3rd act criticisms.

"Best DCEU movie" is very faint praise but it'll at least mean I won't regret my time at the cinema compared to SS, BvS, or Man Of Steel. Glad to hear Gal Gadot upper her acting game.

really? you really think this is what will be best?

Me personally ? God no :p

I was reacting as though I was a WB executive seeing the positive tweets, that would then demand reshoots to Justice League to include more Wonder Woman!

They should shoehorn her into every upcoming DC movie.

Plus the BvS Wonder Woman music and we have a winning formula

Would probably backfire after a few times!

watership

I read this as "It's a decent movie, and not a pile of shit". Which is a good thing. The key factor hear is how they compare it to other DCU films. That's not a bar worth rating on when the best DC movie is as good as Iron Man 2.

DonShula

Good enough. Taking my daughter in a couple weeks. Seems like it'll be great for her. Finally a superhero movie with a female lead. Hope it does well.

Edit: and I'm perfectly content if this is TFA or Dr Strange level quality. Not looking for a masterpiece. Just a good superhero movie.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Good enough. Taking my daughter in a couple weeks. Seems like it'll be great for her. Finally a superhero movie with a female lead. Hope it does well.

Edit: and I'm perfectly content if this is TFA or Dr Strange level quality. Not looking for a masterpiece. Just a good superhero movie.

i think most people would be thrilled at a Dr Strange level movie

zsynqx

Awesome!!

Really dug the trailers for this one but was apprehensive after the shit DC has put out thus far. Allowing myself to get excited now.

Lifeline

Wonder Woman getting good impressions seems to be making people very insecure. It's okay, it'll probably end up low 50s rotten tomatoes by the time reviews hit, and everything will be back to normal.

Oersted

The previous best DCEU movie Man of Steel( yes, its sadly still that one) wasn't thaat bad. The problem was that with Batman V Superman and even more so with Suicide Squad, they reached new lows. Suicide Squad was really, really low.

Had a feeling this would turn out to be a decent movie. Now I'm looking forward to seeing it (the trailers were pretty good imo, and I tend to dislike almost all modern trailers).

Top Bottom