• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Press Reactions to Wonder Woman

karasu

I'm not falling for these early reactions this time. Batman Vs Superman had positive early reactions too.

I like the comments about inspiring superhero and all that. But I actually responded pretty positively to what snyder was doing in BvS. So comments about this being "the first good dceu" movie are failing to ring with me

It looks like the multiple other comic movies I can see every year. But good on them for making something a lot more people will like, and I was planning on seeing it for sure so I'm glad it's shaping up to be pretty good.

Pretty well over superhero movies entirely, but if RLM guys give it a resoundingly good review I might see it, just to support female directorial/lead roles.

sounds good but i'm going to wait for reactions of good sites/writers. i don't really care for twitter opinions of buzzfeed, tech blogs and video game websites.

the part about the optimistic tone has me excited tho

If we rating DC movies
MoS: Boring
BvS:Visions of greatness but bloated
SS: Dumb but some nice performances and visuals, enjoyed its style.

My current DCEU ranking would be:

MoS: Average at best and mediocre at worst.
BvS: Disappointing, but I consider it better than MoS.
SS: Definitely terrible!

eFKac

Yeah I think I'll skip it, I rather liked BvS but SS was incredibly bad and Wonder Woman is the least exciting super hero lead for me in DCEU so far.
While I would go to the cinema for Gal Gadot, there is Chris Pine's face to suffer through that negates it.

It appears to me all DCEU movies social media reviews have people creaming themselves.
I still remember certain social media people wanking themselves silly with glee over Suicide Squad and BvS and I'm sorry those movies are gutter trash!

I'll wait for some impressions I can respect and trust.

Shaanyboi

Banned
OléGunner;237354936 said:
It appears to me all DCEU movies social media reviews have people creaming themselves.
I still remember certain social media people wanking themselves silly with glee over Suicide Squad and BvS and I'm sorry those movies are gutter trash!

I'll wait for some impressions I can respect and trust.
Read. The. OP.

Jesus... This is press, not just the usual swaths of fanboy reactions.

That's nice to see. I'm still not getting my hopes up too much since a lot of superhero films that review well end up falling flat for me so I'm taking these tweets with a grain of salt. Still, it's pretty cool to see a DC movie getting a positive reception, it's been a while. And the praise for Gadot seems to be unanimous and she was my biggest concern with the film so... Yeah, bring it on, Patty!

Also very pleased to see that Rucka liked it. Best WW writer ever imo.

Staf

Loved WONDER WOMAN. She reminds me of Christopher Reeve's Superman: true north superhero w/ no angst or cynicism, which is needed right now.

SOLD! Hopefully a DCEU i can finally enjoy.

Ross61

Paul Dini 'liked' Suicide Squad, didn't he?
I'm mean we're comparing Dini to Rucka here. Dini and Ostrander were just happy to see their respective creations on the big screen. You might think Rucka is biased, but he keeps it real at all times.

Veelk

Banned
Paul Dini 'liked' Suicide Squad, didn't he?

I mean, in fairness, it's wierd, but I've seen a serious disconnect between the stuff writers write and the other fiction writers enjoy. George RR Martin really like Wheel of Time, which I think is epically bad, as just one example. So Greg Rucka liking it fills me with some hope, but it's not a confirmation of anything.

opricnik

Banned
Ww was the best thing about BvS

no that was Batman.

ww was a shit out of place forced cameo/muh universe building tool that had no character , no purpose to be in movie. also she had worst scenes with that email sequence and her terrible acting and not being able to speak english didnt help on library scenes

no that was Batman.

ww was a shit out of place forced cameo/muh universe building tool that had no character , no purpose to be in movie. also she had worst scenes with that email sequence and her terrible acting and not being able to speak english didnt help on library scenes

Did you watch a dubbed version or something? I had no trouble understanding Gal in any of her scenes in BvS.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
no that was Batman.

Not being able to speak english? If you speak english and couldn't understand her I think the problem lies with you.

IrishNinja

simultaneously excited but also worried because "best of the DCEU films" is such an incredibly low bar

The odds were not in her favor. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior and DC has shit the bed at every opportunity. But I've seen tweets from reputable sites praising it so the curse may have been lifted.

maaan this could be legit good and i'm still gonna expect garbage from justice league

PsychBat!

Banned
She wasn't. GTFO with that bullshit hyperbole

ZB7tigQ.gif

Man of Steel: 2/3rd a terrible, TERRIBLE Superman origin movie, 1/3rd the live action DBZ movie dreams are made of.
Batman v. Superman: The worst film of 2016, The worst CBM ever made and possibly the worst film of all time.
Suicide Squad: ...at least it isn't the worst DCEU film OR the worst Will Smith movie of 2016

Top Bottom