• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Press Reset: The Story of Polygon - financed by Microsoft for $750,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

conman

"Administrators of Recreation and Truth may enter with the secret password." Guesses?

Password: journalistic integrity

I already tried "timebelt" and it didn't work, so I'm out of ideas.
ibjCt0zMPRkG6K.gif

ozhenson

Launching with anything less than a new Phil Kollar podcast would be an abysmal performace

I have been watching my regular podcasts hoping to see him pop up, but outside of a couple appearances on Gamespot Gameplay I havent seen anything. If Polygon wants me to be a regular visitor they had better come up with something a bit better than Besties(which would more than likely be a Phil Kollar show).

Empty

bit of a nightmare on my laptop. hate how big everything is. makes digesting things and picking through the content difficult. compare the information and selection you get from glancing at http://www.eurogamer.net/ to the amount of scrolling through large pictures to get the same here.

BlazinAm

bit of a nightmare on my laptop. hate how big everything is. makes digesting things and picking through the content difficult. compare the information and selection you get from glancing at http://www.eurogamer.net/ to the amount of scrolling through large pictures to get the same here.

Making the page more narrow might help, but they should allow people to change fonts.

There is literally nothing more boring than watching people commit code, run tests, and write code.

Maybe it's because I do it everyday, but like is the focus of what they show in episode 9 interesting to people?

I love how the social media bar follows you down the page. LIKE US, LIKE US, LIKE US, LIKE US, LIKE USSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

All kidding aside I do like the design of the site overall. But I'll never use it because no matter what they can never be trusted. What me worry?

It's funny how gung-ho they are to grow and hire and hire. I think growth that quick can be scary and unhealthy. I also find it hard to get to know the tons of different writers and the site starts to lose its personality.

It really seems like the goal of Polygon is to be this behemoth of a site and grow insanely quick.

All I can say is that I know I love sites like TinyCart and GiantBomb where the staff is small and the voices are recognizable. I am not sure if Polygon has or will ever have that.

Zeth

Different corporate division entirely. Takes a grand tinfoil hat to believe IE is buttering up journos for Xbox reviews.

Different corporate division entirely. Takes a grand tinfoil hat to believe IE is buttering up journos for Xbox reviews.

If Sony did the same (TV division), everyone would still say the same thing, its that NAME, sure its different department, but that NAME, its not a good look however you cut it.

Didn't polygon say they only accept "X amount in gifts from publishers"? Why not have some fucking cedability and say you accept ANYTHING from publishers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom