• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Draco unveiled and detailed: Kinect-only Panzer Dragoon successor on XBLA

Theonik

Llyranor said:
You can unlock the first game from within Orta, which is BC (unless you have PAL, in which case it freezes at lvl 3).
Panzer Dragoon 1 is unplayable on Orta when on BC mode. Either way an XBLA port would be preferable because even the US version of Orta isn't that good on BC mode.
OT: I really want this but Kinect is a deal breaker.

Gwanatu T

Lord-Audie said:
We were talking about this over mumble the other day.

How sega basically killed most if not all of the teams that were responsible for they popular IPs.

The AM teams
Team Andromeda
Sonic Team (not literary killed)

And I presume many others.

Edit:

I didn't try out orta, since I didn't have an Xbox. I was almost compelled to buy one just for the game, but just didn't do it.

I heard that is good, but didn't find myself wanting to try it out. Was mostly afraid that the magic that made the saturn versions great IMO was not going to be there.
Orta works on the 360, and it's beautiful. I actually started playing through it again after watching How To Train Your Dragon. Great stuff, do yourself a favor and find a copy on Ebay or something and play through it; it has the highest production values and best mechanics of any of the Panzer games.

Gwanatu T

Theonik said:
Panzer Dragoon 1 is unplayable on Orta when on BC mode. Either way an XBLA port would be preferable because even the US version of Orta isn't that good on BC mode.
The only thing I recall being screwed up is the movie playback. What else is wrong with it? So far so good for me, I'm up to the river stage right now.

DGRE

Banned
duckroll said:
Movement is controlled by leaning left and right, pulling back and leaning forward, much as it would be if you were actually sat upon a dragons back.

You know, because we've all experienced that before...

0_o

LQX

The one game that might force me to get a Kinect.

Theonik said:
Orta plays perfectly fine on the 360.

maeda

It is kind of hilarious that a guy, who was bashing everything Wii stands for is making a game for Kinect. Looks very good, by the way.

ghibli99

Kinect only? :( I hope they change their mind and put in standard controller support. As unique as Child of Eden is w/ Kinect, I can't stand playing it that way.

2San

Looks interesting, don't have a kinect though. While it looks interesting it's not enough to make my buy a kinect. :|

soultron

Banned
SEGA has been absolutely crushing this TGS, IMO.

I will buy a Kinect for this if the integration works well. The screens look gorgeous.

EDIT: Who's publishing it if SEGA isn't? MGS? Ubisoft? (COE vaderno.gif)

I obviously need to read deeper into this.

Shurs

soultron said:
SEGA has been absolutely crushing this TGS, IMO.

I will buy a Kinect for this if the integration works well. The screens look gorgeous.

Sega?

What do they have to do with this?

Jarmel said:
In some of these shots, the wings look fine. In others they look horrible mainly due to the bones looking like textures from the PS2.

Yeah, the dragon needs a redesign. The wings are particularly horrible with the black bone things sticking out of it.

robor

andymcc said:
aw man why do you gotta go there?

Because that is where the tears of youth come from. Us elders drink from that fountain because our bitterness over the years seeks no other remedy; it does not exist.

kyubajin said:
I only hope this Kinect thing dies already so developers can resume creating proper games.
Man, you guys just don't give up, do you? There are only, like, hundreds of traditional 'proper games' available and more due this year and next and the year after that. Kinect titles represent a very small drop in the bucket.

kyubajin said:
I only hope this Kinect thing dies already so developers can resume creating proper games.
I'm afraid I have some bad news for you. It's only going to become more prominent in this generation, and the next.

mujun

kyubajin said:

Great opinion!

I hope handhelds die so devs can do more home console games!

etc, etc.

There are more than enough games to go round of pretty much every type on pretty much any platform.

GitarooMan said:
The rail shooter thing really lowers my enthusiasm. For 15 or so dollars, though, it'll probably still be worth a try.

You've never played Panzer Dragoon?

Edit: Nevermind, I see this has already been addressed :lol

feel

Will buy. I almost never feel like putting discs of kinect games on the console and always end up playing controller games instead. But they're perfect for some quick fun booting straight from xbla.

Looks great. Haha at people who can't get over the Kinect part.

Edit: I have a hard time believing that this will stay XBLA. I'm betting it will pull a Gunstringer and transform into a retail release.

duckroll

FateBreaker said:
Looks great. Haha at people who can't get over the Kinect part.

Edit: I have a hard time believing that this will stay XBLA. I'm betting it will pull a Gunstringer and transform into a retail release.

Very unlikely. It seems to have actually started as a retail project, and got transformed into a XBLA title along the way instead.

duckroll said:
Very unlikely. It seems to have actually started as a retail project, and got transformed into a XBLA title along the way instead.

Wasn't that a similar situation with Gunstringer?

EDIT: By which I mean, it started retail, then went digital, then retail again?

Lingitiz

Zeouterlimits said:
Post Child-Of-Eden sales I'm guessing.
Yeah it stands a very good chance of selling well if it gets some solid marketing attention from MS. Its nice to see a new approach from getting some niche titles like this and Diabolical Pitchmto sell though.

Shed_a_Ninja said:
Yeah, my edit was too slow. I meant to say that I could have sworn Gunstringer went Retail>Digital>Retail, but I could be wrong.
The first news about Gunstringer was it was going to be an XBLA game, I'm like 99.99% positive about that.

benzy

Will buy even though I don't or won't have a kinect by the time it releases. Yukio Futatsugi is a damn genius and deserves more success.

Was this only shown to the press? How come there aren't any videos out?

Top Bottom