• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Draco unveiled and detailed: Kinect-only Panzer Dragoon successor on XBLA

robor

Pie and Beans said:
This is no longer that "beloved franchise":

Its a bit like seeing a super fine old crush in a crowd, calling out and catching up to her and she turns to face you:
http://i.imgur.com/Ft0DG.jpg[IMG]
"I-i'm sorry miss. I appear to have made a mistake..." :([/QUOTE]

[img]http://www.thecinemasource.com/moviesdb/images/bill%20murray.jpg

...goodbye Project Draco.

Hopefully it does well enough to inspire Sega to revive the franchise. With the same teams too, they worked with Land Ho at least before on the Sega Ages remake.

Quixzlizx

Letters said:
But this game was created for the kinect from the ground up as a new experience. Not as a proper succesor to the beloved controller games who then got kinect controls tacked on. People interested in this game shouldn't have to suffer trough the sea of complaints from fans of a different franchise who only has the creator and dragons on rails in common with this.

Haha. I bet the Fallout/X-Com threads must really rile you up, then.

lunchwithyuzo said:
Hopefully it does well enough to inspire Sega to revive the franchise. With the same teams too, they worked with Land Ho at least before on the Sega Ages remake.
That would be great, but this is Sega you're talking about. I think I'm much more comfortable in knowing that the PD series is dead.

lunchwithyuzo said:
I'd settle for a Platinum or Yakuza Studio made PD too. Or even just remakes or an iso collection.
PlatinumGames? Maybe. Yukio Futatsugi has to be directing the game, though. I will not settle for anyone else.

Just get Grounding Inc. to make it, I guess?

Satchel

Banned
Why is everone shocked?

Havent we known this was a Kinect game since it was announced as a Kinect game back when...it was first announced?

Alx

No one is shocked, just disappointed.

There's no need to be disappointed : it's a game MS funded to promote kinect, so without kinect it wouldn't have been made at all.
Worst case scenario, the game is mediocre and is a loss of time and money for them.
Hopeful scenario, the game is good enough that we can enjoy a nice dragon shooter that we wouldn't have had otherwise.
Best case scenario, the game is great and can be adopted in the Panzer Dragoon family.

Child of Eden indeed becomes a much more fun and involving game with Kinect, but making this Kinect only is such a bad decision...
I agree with this, Child of Eden controls made sense, going by what the OP information says if the control is limited to just attacks with both hands then its a really dissapoinitng and forced use of the Kinect. Maybe if they added controlling the rider posture to stir the dragon on top of attacks that would duit the Kinect more.

Kinect is a good concept that has failed to reach it's true potential will have to wait for the next MS console to see it truly shine.

I agree with this, Child of Eden controls made sense, going by what the OP information says if the control is limited to just attacks with both hands then its a really dissapoinitng and forced use of the Kinect. Maybe if they added controlling the rider posture to stir the dragon on top of attacks that would duit the Kinect more.

You also move the dragon around the screen by leaning your body. I suggest you watch the videos in this thread, you can see some of it in action.

talan619

Neo Member
http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201202260001/

New shots from MS X Capcom Akiba event

Ue3Gy.jpg

g5IMm.jpg

87YL1.jpg

nAkpp.jpg

eFOhE.jpg

3EhQO.jpg

IDTSb.jpg

P0JQd.jpg