• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ version of Driveclub will have 5 tracks (1 country) and 10 cars.

RdN

They can say otherwise, but this is pretty much a demo, really.

I'll play it before I commit to purchasing the full game, still not sold on it.

VanWinkle

Bleh. Would rather have a full indie game that month from PS+ than a glorified demo.

Ehhh, demo is a little disingenuous, as it has all of the features of the game both online and off, and even the ability to get a platinum (if that point still stands today). Plus, I think the gaming market at large would much prefer a game like this even with 5 tracks (11 track variants total) and 10 cars than yet another indie game.

Omega

Banned
Were people expecting the full game? They do need to make money.

You can still play the multiplayer and have all the features of the retail version, you just don't have all the tracks and cars.

If this is a demo, then what was Ground Zeroes. A Proof of Concept?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
With no local mp, this will have to do for me.

I feel cheated... This is the "free game" you hyped up for launch? That you delayed for a year?

I expected the full game with microotrasactions to buy cars you want/unlock tracks. Tracks and cars are fully unlocked for $60.

really transparent bro

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
This is more than a demo. Also, it's not your typical IGC from PS+ considering it's there from day one and not further down the line. Did people really expect to get most of the game?

Hoo-doo

Banned
Wow, way more than I expected. 11 track variants and 10 cars? Nice.

People calling it a demo haven't played a demo in years, I think.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Good amount of stuff for racing game demo. At least we will be able to try it before buying it.

hawk2025

I feel cheated... This is the "free game" you hyped up for launch? That you delayed for a year?

I expected the full game with microotrasactions to buy cars you want/unlock tracks. Tracks and cars are fully unlocked for $60.

It was never a "free game".

You are being purposefully disingenuous, and you, me, and everyone reading this thread knows this.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I expect this is Sony's experiment for getting people to buy a discounted digital edition without making it seem like they're discouraging retail. Release a chunk of the game on PS+ For a month then offer an upgrade option.

BibiMaghoo

5 tracks is not good enough.

That amounts to little more than a demo. Not a free stripped down version of the game for PS+ members.

Remark

Banned
Don't see why people are begging for more. It's good enough to give you a taste of the game (Actually more than enough tbh.)

How do you expect them to make sales off the game if they just throw most of the game at you for free.

Dragon

Banned
I never understood this, it isn't free. You are paying monthly for Playstation Plus.

I got three years of PS Plus for 30 dollars each last year. 30/12 = 2.5 dollars a month. Then divided by whatever PS3/Vita offerings there are...I'd say it's about 1 to 1.5 dollars.

Just to use your argument to make it sound even more ridiculous than it already was :).

Wait, I read in the other thread that game progression is basically playing the game to level up your personal rank and the club's rank, when club rank up, you unlock cars and any member from your club can immediately use that car.
So what if I had ps+ version with limited car, but join clubs with someone who own the game and has already rank the club enough to unlock later cars. Will I be able to use those cars?

molnizzle

This is more than a demo. Also, it's not your typical IGC from PS+ considering it's there from day one and not further down the line. Did people really expect to get most of the game?

Exactly. With PS+ you either get a new indie game (PS4) or an older AAA retail game (PS3/Vita). This is a brand new AAA retail game that you'll be able to download for free and access all game modes on day 1. Car and track access are limited (as expected) but it's free on day one.

Jesus.

I never understood this, it isn't free. You are paying monthly for Playstation Plus.

You are paying to use online multiplayer and get some free games to rent and exclusives.

I don't see how people complain. Sony have not done anything wrong.

People are just being cheap.

macewank

That's flawed logic.

If you're paying monthly to be able to play Driveclub PS+ for free, then yes, there is a cost associated. If you're paying monthly for any other reason then Driveclub PS+ is free.

If I buy 10 cups of coffee at Starbucks and get a complimentary coffee, that cup of coffee did not cost me $cup x 10. It cost $0. I got what I paid for originally, and this was a bonus.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
People complaining about a cut-down free version of a game? Check.

I just want to know if some of these people bought Ground Zeroes.

That's flawed logic.

If you're paying monthly to be able to play Driveclub PS+ for free, then yes, there is a cost associated. If you're paying monthly for any other reason then Driveclub PS+ is free.

If I buy 10 cups of coffee at Starbucks and get a complimentary coffee, that cup of coffee did not cost me $cup x 10. It cost $0. I got what I paid for originally, and this was a bonus.

Agreed.

Raoh

Sounds good to me.

For non-hardcore racing fans, they probably play that much on a full retail purchase.

Yes you do pay about $5 a month. So even if you used none of the other benefits (free ps3/vita games, cloud saves, discounts) for the month that this game comes out, you are paying $5 for this. Still seems like a good deal to me.

Did people really believe they would spend tens of millions on developing a game just to give it away for free?

Seriously?

Sounds good enough to get a strong feel for the game and know if you want to purchase the whole product to me.

I would love to see these demos that have 5 courses / 10 cars in them. Most are 1-2 tracks and 2-3 cars.

Odrion

Banned
5 tracks ? Strange, Cartews, from the french PS Blog says it's 11 tracks and indeed 10 cars. He is also saying (in the comments) that the price to unlock the full game will be 49,99 euros.

http://blog.fr.playstation.com/2014/04/29/prenez-rendez-vous-driveclub-sortira-le/
11 tracks on five locations in one country with ten vehicles with all game modes.

Bigger than a demo, smaller than a retail game. I'm fine with it considering that the free games we're already getting were worth it.

Paskil

5 tracks is not good enough.

That amounts to little more than a demo. Not a free stripped down version of the game for PS+ members.

What would you consider a free, stripped down version of the game? This seems to be exactly what a free, stripped down version of a game would be.

Story from last year to compare

The PlayStation Plus version of DriveClub will not include as much content as the full retail game, Evolution Studios has confirmed to VideoGamer.com.

Discussing the differences between the PS Plus Edition of DriveClub, which PlayStation Plus members will be able to download for free at the launch of PS4, and the retail version, senior designer Ben Gouldstone said:

"The only difference between the PS Plus edition and the boxed retail is that there's a slightly scaled down version of content...

"We haven't released specific details about what we're going to refine for the PS Plus Edition yet, but in terms of the gambit of features, you're going to be able to issue challenges, you're doing to be able to do asynchronous online races, you're going to have all of the single player content in terms of events. The specifics we haven't gone into yet but you're going to have the full gaming experience."

Gouldstone claims that content was cut from the PS Plus Edition in order to get the downloadable version "immediately into someone's hands", rather than for commercial reasons. Cut content is expected - although not confirmed - to include certain cars and tracks.

"This game is huge," he continues, "and to have the full scale download as the initial [PS plus] release, it was a conscious decision to make it as slick as possible."

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/drive...ion_has_less_content_than_retail_version.html

You already have Forza 5.
Hahaha damn... Sad thing is you're not wrong. Forza 5, a full $60 game, only has... 13 tracks? Only 2.5 more content than this free version. Guess when you put it like that it doesn't feel as ba d

:(

It just does make you feel a little slanted. I thought we'd get more content as an apology for delaying the game.

Top Bottom