• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaZero

They have already... by not saying anything and only listing PS3/360 on the official site.

You remind me of me back during the early days of the PSP. I was so hyped for the Landstalker remake, and I waited and waited for news of its release. But, it never came, and they never officially announced it was canned.

On one hand, I know you're right.
On the other, I really want ZOE 2 on my Vita. :(

Skyzard

Banned
A *real* Monster Hunter, I think, lol.

But these games will do well in Japan. Hopefully they'll manage to have some legs and give the system some legs of its own.

Having hardly played MH at all (only a little of MHU >:) I might not fully understand it..but even SS looks pretty great....and PSO2 looks to be on another level, especially with PC cross-play.. is the gameplay in MH much different? Not sure what GE2 or 1 is like tbh.

Are they really missing out? It's not like they haven't already bought a 3DS for it if they were that obsessed right?

GavinGT

Banned
Having hardly played MH at all (only a little of MHU >:) I might not fully understand it..but even SS looks pretty great....and PSO2 looks to be on another level, especially with PC cross-play.. is the gameplay in MH much different? Not sure what GE2 or 1 is like tbh.

Are they really missing out? It's not like they haven't already bought a 3DS for it if they were that obsessed right?

People want the real thing. It's as simple as that.

zroid

Banned
No they're probably not missing out or anything, but I mean for the sake of the Vita, I'm not sure a MonHun "replacement" will entice Japanese gamers, particularly when the real deal is already on what is far and away the most successful system in the region at the moment.

I don't pretend to understand what's so great about MonHun compared to its clones, I've only played a bit of Tri, which was fun for a while, but I'm not a big fan or anything. :(

I'm probably going to buy the Wii U version of 3G though, so maybe that'll win me over! ^_^

Skyzard

Banned
People want the real thing. It's as simple as that.

... i don't even? Is the real thing any different or even better?

I guess I can understand given such a large fanbase. But like I said, and actually Zerr0id points out, those guys were probably already convinced to buy a 3DS.

---and so probably don't come into it as much...the less dedicated should be alright with the alternative titles with similar gameplay...even RO is out.

I think it will all change (enough) after the first price drop, if not by christmas.

Played AC:Liberation at the Playstation On Campus thing at FSU today, the framerate seemed iffy at first but it got better with time just seemed like a bug. Otherwise great graphics, AC gameplay, kill chaining, jump button - it's AC on the go. Going back out tmrw for some more time with it.

Skyzard

Banned
Played AC:Liberation at the Playstation On Campus thing at FSU today, the framerate seemed iffy at first but it got better with time just seemed like a bug. Otherwise great graphics, AC gameplay, kill chaining, jump button - it's AC on the go. Going back out tmrw for some more time with it.

Uh-oh...please do elaborate..

8 people wrote 5,000 of the nearly 20,000 posts.
32 people wrote 10,000 of them.

Yowzers.

Oh yes..top 8!
8/8

moogrose

I wouldn't mind some more in depth impressions. Thanks!

Uh-oh...please do elaborate..

Oh yes..top 8!
8/8

When the level (barracks) first started it seemed to be er slow motion? But after a few seconds it looked like at least 30 fps and stayed there the rest of the time. Played the other level (bayou) on the demo and it started good and stayed well.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
so FIFA 13 will be out for the US in 25 September and we haven't really seen any screen or gameplay video for it.

Absolutely amazing.

Skyzard

Banned
When the level (barracks) first started it seemed to be er slow motion? But after a few seconds it looked like at least 30 fps and stayed there the rest of the time. Played the other level (bayou) on the demo and it started good and stayed well.

Thanks for clarifying..if it was only a few seconds I'd put that down to loading the environment...acceptable...hopefully you're not putting it too gently!

so FIFA 13 will be out for the US in 25 September and we haven't really seen any screen or gameplay video for it.

Absolutely amazing.

TBH I'm not as worried with FIFA..they're pretty good these days..

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Another Vita thread goes by,and still no RCR.

The dev want the XBLA sales and I can understand that (XBLA is huge) but at this point the game might get out in a crowded month and Brian's game might sell like crap on every other platform.

TBH I'm not as worried with FIFA..they're pretty good these days..

It's the best football game now/this gen,but I don't want a port of 2011 game I want it to be a perfect port of 2013 console version with the freaking impact engine.

Skyzard

Banned
After tmrw ill do some.

It really was! Ill check tmrw and see if it does it again.

Glad to hear it, thanks, also wouldn't mind some further impressions!

Another Vita thread goes by,and still no RCR.

The dev want the XBLA sales and I can understand that (XBLA is huge) but at this point the game might get out in a crowded month and Brian's game might sell like crap on every other platform.

It's the best football game now/this gen,but I don't want a port of 2011 game I want it to be a perfect port of 2013 console version with the freaking impact engine.

Also been checking RCR's homepage daily...damn its been a long wait.

About Fifa, I though the Fifa 2012 was a port of the 2011 game...the impact was in the console version of 2012 right? So unless they are going super cheap...should be ok! But yeah I can imagine people being nervous they pull a fast one...

2013 would be a bonus..they do so sometimes skip engines and catchup well like on PC...guess you'll have to wait and see ...but should be ok if impact is on 12..I reckon..

I'm more desperate to see footage of S&S All-Stars Transformed and NFS MW :( The console versions look so good...it'll be hard to match imo..

Derrick01

Banned

Hnnnngh! I definitely want to see more impressions. If they let you around in a section of town I'd like to know if it's filled with a decent amount of people on the streets. Since the system has more RAM I'd expect it to at least be console level in terms of pedestrians.

But I'm glad to hear it runs well and it's AC on the go. That's exactly why it's my most wanted Vita game.

Gunsmithx

thanks for the mini impression, seems just what I wanted to hear. how's it look in motion?

Kazerei

Banned

Monster Hunter and Phantasy Star (the modern ARPGs) are vastly different. Personally I like PS more.

- MH has several fixed maps, PS has randomly generated dungeons
- MH you face a few monsters at a time; PS you hack through mobs of enemies
- MH combat is slow-paced and highly skill-based; PS is more accessible hack-n-slash
- No leveling up in MH, you just craft better equipment; PS has levels and skills, as well as equipment customization

I haven't played any of the MH clones yet. I tried the JPN demos for Lord of Apocalypse and Ragnarok Odyssey though. LoA seems more like MH, while RO seems more like PS. No idea about Gods Eater or Soul Sacrifice, will have to keep an eye out.

Edit: I think I misunderstood your post. Oh well lol

Skyzard

Banned
Monster Hunter and Phantasy Star (the modern ARPGs) are vastly different. Personally I like PS more.

- MH has several fixed maps, PS has randomly generated dungeons
- MH you face a few monsters at a time; PS you hack through mobs of enemies
- MH combat is slow-paced and highly skill-based; PS is more accessible hack-n-slash
- No leveling up in MH, you just craft better equipment; PS has levels and skills, as well as equipment customization

I haven't played any of the MH clones yet. I tried the JPN demos for Lord of Apocalypse and Ragnarok Odyssey though. LoA seems more like MH, while RO seems more like PS. No idea about Gods Eater or Soul Sacrifice, will have to keep an eye out.

Thanks for the comparison! I'm quite excited for PSO2 on Vita to be honest, I think it would go well with SS..just based on the videos (there is a good long one of PSO2 vita somewhere), hope we get an announcement confirming a vita western release.

Do the monsters in MH have really impressive AI or something?

Mzo

You play monhun when you want to say "fuck" a lot. PSO is more for zoning and vegging out. They're pretty different.

Super excited for PSO2 on the Vita, really hope it gets a US release. If I can transfarr between the PC and Vita games I'd be double dipping for sure.

Sintoid

Good Morning VitaGaf !
I've got a little suggestion for you: play Sunflowers with rear touchpad, It's awesome!

By the way I started LBP Vita and I'm ready to play story mode online with every gaffer wants to join

Koroviev

I'm 45tth!

I don't talk much apparently. X3

In the main forum click the amount of posts in the topic. It will pop up a list.

Alternatively, if you access the mobile version of the site, then you can just look up the info under "tools" or something without having to find the thread on the board.

lepo

here is a list of ,not yet released games, I'm looking forward to play on my vita

-Guacameele
-Soul sacrifice
-Retro city rampage
-Assassin creed 3 liberation
-Tear away
-God eaters 2
-Obu muramasa
-Sine mora
-NFS most wanted
-PSO 2
-Ninja Gaiden Sigma plus 2
-Over my dead body 2
-Persona 4
-Jet set radio
-Virtue last Reward
-Dragon's Crown

and probably a few more... future looks pretty bright as far as I'm concerned :)

now back to FF9

kuroshiki

here is a list of ,not yet released games, I'm looking forward to play on my vita

-Guacameele
-Soul sacrifice
-Retro city rampage
-Assassin creed 3 liberation
-Tear away
-God eaters 2
-Obu muramasa
-Sine mora
-NFS most wanted
-PSO 2
-Ninja Gaiden Sigma plus 2
-Over my dead body 2
-Persona 4
-Jet set radio
-Virtue last Reward
-Dragon's Crown

and probably a few more... future looks pretty bright as far as I'm concerned :)

now back to FF9

NGSP2 and GE2 alone will last me an entire year.

God I love Godeater.

Kazerei

Banned
which are the must get Vita games besides HSG and Uncharted?

S Tier
Metal Gear Solid qHD Collection
Rayman Origins

A Tier
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
Unit 13
Virtua Tennis 4

B Tier
Lumines Electronic Symphony
Uncharted: Golden Abyss

C Tier
Gravity Rush

Kafel

Banned
"A sequel to Gravity Daze, winner of this year’s Japan Game Awards grand prize, is in the works, according to director Keiichiro Toyama’s Twitter. Among the wave of congratulations from fans was a message “Congrats! Can’t wait to play the sequel”; Toyama replied “Thanks! I’m hard at work on it.”"

yay ?

Can you explain me what the 863,348 views stat means?

That's the amount of times that the thread has been viewed.

Got my Vita all setup and games all back on there, sadly still can't find my 6 retail carts though :( Looks like I will be picking them up on digital download so that I can't lose them all again. Already got Gravity Rush credited to my account by Sony due to the shambles relating to the exchange.

Took a quick look at Ecolibrium last night, seems like a game I might have to think in, not sure I can handle that. Grabbed LBP this morning as I noticed it was in the EU store again, happy I've grabbed that and will give it a go this lunchtime in work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom