• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Wallpaper thread

djkimothy

I really love the efforts and contributions to this thread. Keep it up! I'll link some later, but they're mostly ones from other websites.

This thread is going to end up having the greatest selection of PS3 XMB-friendly wallpapers on the internet. Maybe. For me anyway. I'm using the Shadow of the Colossus one and it's SLICK bitches. Good job :D

calder

I'm just using one of the pics of Snake from the MGS4 demonstration thread. Some awesome work here though, I'll be moving some more pics over the PS3. Thanks for posting it guys. :)

Future wallpaper artists: the ones where the black spaces fade out instead of coming to a stopping point are the best. Sometimes titles of videos/music/etc. are long and the text expands out beyond the point where the black space stops. I worded that horribly, I'm kind of in a rush, so hopefully it's understandable. :lol

Tiduz

Eurogaime
brandonh83 said:
Future wallpaper artists: the ones where the black spaces fade out instead of coming to a stopping point are the best. Sometimes titles of videos/music/etc. are long and the text expands out beyond the point where the black space stops. I worded that horribly, I'm kind of in a rush, so hopefully it's understandable. :lol

this better?

darker version without XMB overlay:

I have a hard time picking one myself, but I must reiterate again how great the Shadow of the Colossus one is.

ShadowoftheColossus.jpg

Follow the leader, everyone :lol

Oh jesus someone please do the KOS-MOS one

In fact, any Xenosaga (especially Episode III) related backgrounds would be great. I'll look for some to request.

djkimothy

McDragon said:
From a friend:

I'm surprised there's not more MGS themed pictures. But thanks for the foxhound logo. :D Shit. I don't know what to use. They're all good. Especially on a high def tv.

brandonh83 said:
I have a hard time picking one myself, but I must reiterate again how great the Shadow of the Colossus one is.

ShadowoftheColossus.jpg

Follow the leader, everyone :lol

Thanx for all the respect. Means alot to me :)

Speaking of which, another wallpaper. I tried avoiding XMB for this one in return for a dark wallpaper that should look kickass on PS3. I've left spaces for XMB, so it'll will fall greatly in between the text all.

Time to see how it looks :D

Flek

Banned
Flek said:
ive just done some more - this time with xmb and in 720p - have fun :

and the one iam going to use now :

cheers :D

and again some more (720p +xmb) :

(< my new fav <3)

and for the requests :

Flek, one day I shall shower you in women and riches, starting with that fine ass above this post.

Thanx for all the respect. Means alot to me :)

I give credit where credit is due, sir.
now do some more

AZ Greg

I have a request. Can anybody take the picture at the end of this post, just a 1920x1080 black picture, and add the XMB tracing. I would prefer if it used the same tracing found in this picture:

But without the tracing for the second level of icons, meaning just the "T" shape not the "F" shape.

(The picture I would like the XMB tracing added to)

Thanks for the help!

Actually that particular wallpaper works great without the tracing, the black spots are in all the right spots. If I'd change anything I would make it less busy; I'd like to see one with just the clown face and MAYBE the title somewhere at the bottom; nevertheless, a great job. It's saved to my system. :)

edit: in addition to Xenosaga, I'd also like to request some GTA IV themes, particularly based on some of the artwork, but actual in-game shots are fine as look as the resolution is good. Some of Niko walking against the changing background as seen in the trailer would be awesome.

Firewire

Banned
Hey someone sent me PM yesterday for a Killzone2 Wallpaper. I deleted the message by mistake. The person wanted Killzone2 overlay on the wallpaper, send me a PM so I can send this baby of to you.

killzonePS3Wallpaper1080.jpg

Top Bottom