• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Wallpaper thread

The Jer

These all look great. But, some of these with white and/or light colors are not going to work with the XMB. They need to be dark. Preferably, black or near black where the icons and text show up.

Also, just putting the overlay over a white background does not work so well. In addition to it not working that well for what you have selected, you can only read the text you've selected that way and not see any text you would want to scroll down to.

Keep up the great work guys. These look great. Really appreciate it.

Pazuzu

Banned
crimesceneWS.jpg

00824_sunsetwatch_1680x1050.jpg

00354_pier_1680x1050.jpg

tuttutWS.jpg

Kinan

Is there any way to download a wallpaper directly to your PS3 with PS3 browser? Can find anything similar to "Save as.." on PC. :(

shagg, if you're not posting new brilliant creations, then you shouldn't be posting at all. I saw that you were the last post and I was like OH SHIT YES and... alas, nothing. C'mon, son. Get busy.

;)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
brandonh83 said:
Hotass McTits

Funny, that seems like a very common first and last name for models these days.

Kinan

shagg_187 said:
Yes you can. It's under "File".. You'll see "Save Image". That's how i download wallpapers :D

Oh, snap! Its indeed there in English and German version of PS3 interface, but not in Russian! wtf. :) Instead there is an inactive "save the page" link. :/

The different languages indeed not just translated copies of English or Japanese on PS3.

Pale

Am I the only chump without an HD TV?

Has anyone made a png template for the XMB that works on a 4x3 standard def set?

I spent forever repositioning the wallpapers I got from here yesterday. I finally got it to work slightly, but it was quite frustrating, and I'd love to make my own. :)

Better yet, how the heck did whoever made the original template get the measurements? If there is a better system than trial and error, I'll make my own.

lyre

It would be greatly appreciated if people can, in addition to posting 1080 wall papers, also link to the original source if it's still available.

please .... ?

djkimothy

AVclub

I'd just like to say how cool it was to go to the Playstation Store today and discover a couple of free downloadable wallpapers for the XMB, as well as the Heavenly Sword Demo. Now that we have some customizability, I hope devs hop on the bandwagon and give us some beautiful full-HD backgrounds.

AVclub said:
I'd just like to say how cool it was to go to the Playstation Store today and discover a couple of free downloadable wallpapers for the XMB, as well as the Heavenly Sword Demo. Now that we have some customizability, I hope devs hop on the bandwagon and give us some beautiful full-HD backgrounds.

...what? I didn't know there were wallpapers to download... cool! I must say, the PSN has been delivering the goods lately. After this awesomeness it's sure to die down a bit, but still, they've did a good job here lately.

Top Bottom