• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Wallpaper thread

rager

Banned
These wallpapers look great, however, It would be also good to design wallpapers that do not have the XMB lines.

I am working on a few and will post them. If you look at the way Sony uses wallpapers on the games when you select the disk, it gives you an idea. I am not knocking the great work done here, but those vertical/Horizontal bands on the wallpaper can take away some of the elegance of the XMB.

Here is one I am working on, It is not finished. Need to do more cloning.
http://mysite.verizon.net/jaigo/newhs.jpg

nofi

rager said:
These wallpapers look great, however, It would be also good to design wallpapers that do not have the XMB lines.

I am working on a few and will post them. If you look at the way Sony uses wallpapers on the games when you select the disk, it gives you an idea. I am not knocking the great work done here, but those vertical/Horizontal bands on the wallpaper can take away some of the elegance of the XMB.

Yes. Something like CaC is a good example - it's dark so you can see the XMB at work, and it has all the action in the right place in relation to everything else.

It's such a shame that we can't use transparencies.

rager

Banned
nofilter said:
Yes. Something like CaC is a good example - it's dark so you can see the XMB at work, and it has all the action in the right place in relation to everything else.

It's such a shame that we can't use transparencies.

Great example, Also, looking at resistance, that is also a good example, it is not dark, but the main elements of the background, the skull and helmet are well below the XMB.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'll XMB static it later, but this looks sooo good even without it:

dmcwall.jpg

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
rager said:
Yeah, I think I'd prefer to use wallpapers where the focus is directed to the empty areas of the XMB interface, rather than to have to deliberately mask portions of the screen and obviously stick to colors that contrast well with the XMB icons overall.

Edit: bearcat, I wasn't suggesting that we shouldn't post both, just agreeing with rager's preference. Trend at the moment seems to be more towards XMB overlays anyway so it would be nice to see more designed like rager is suggesting.

JB1981

I just wanted to say how awesome you guys are that have done the XMB wallpapers. I'm currently using the God of War one and it looks HOT.

Niks

Ok for those who dont like the XMB "template" lines like me, Ive made these ones.
The images have been darkened somewhat so that the XMB can shine through and is very readable.

They look pretty good, and with no annoying lines breaking up the simplicity of the XMB.
Enjoy! :D

Show of your PS3

Laharl fans around?

Nariko 1

Nariko 2

Yuna

Lightning

Babe 1 * HOT

Babe 2 * HOT HOT HOT

rager

Banned
Niks said:
Ok for those who dont like the XMB "template" lines like me, Ive made these ones.
The images have been darkened somewhat so that the XMB can shine through and is very readable.

They look pretty good, and with no annoying lines breaking up the simplicity of the XMB.
Enjoy! :D

Show of your PS3

Laharl fans around?

Nariko 1

Nariko 2

Yuna

Lightning

Babe 1 * HOT

Babe 2 * HOT HOT HOT

Nice, Here is another one

MCD

Stinkles said:
The XMB tracing is just for added readability of UI, right? I can ignore it?

Yes, darkening the area makes the icon readable for some wallpapers.

it's the same as the PSP, use whatever wallpaper you want.

Firewire

Banned
Stinkles said:
The XMB tracing is just for added readability of UI, right? I can ignore it?

yes! but if you don't use it it can be real hard to see! I suggest if you don't want it, use a dark pic or something that at least has allot of darkness were they icons appear.

Niks

Crisis said:

Babe 2 * HOT HOT HOT

Heh. I should have put a warning with that wall.

WARNING!
Only use when spouse/girlfriend/significant other is not around.
Side effects may include friends suddenly humping your HDTV

:D

Beef

Its not a good photoshop job by any means, but you'll be hard pressed to find another FFT themed wallpaper this large, so enjoy my very own 1920x1080 monstrosity :D

Niks

Niks said:
Babe 2 * HOT HOT HOT

Man, got banned from the US Playstation Forums for posting that one :/
A warning would have been nice....

If someone finds it offensive I can take it down :(

Top Bottom