• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 demo kiosks are starting to pop up at Gamestop & Best Buy

The "A" centers on the zip code you give it. If there's a store with a demo unit nearby you'll see them as the PS logo.

xmQpXHL.png

Ah ok, makes sense. Although it put the A on a zip code across town in my case so I still think it might be bugging a bit.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Once you find a kiosk, you’ll be able to sample upcoming PS4 games like Knack, Octodad: Dadliest Catch, FIFA 14, Contrast, Super Motherload, and Pinball Arcade. Keep an eye out for the kiosk at a store near you, and have fun playing!

knack, fifa and the best of steam greenlight. you might want to get there early!

Bsigg12

None in Colorado but I know the Walmart's nationwide with the 3 console display get their demo stations for the Xbox One and PS4 in the next 2 weeks.

Speevy

Banned
There's one location that has this, and Google street view says it's a squirrel.

Does the squirrel know? Is the kiosk in his tree?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
So how long do we think it'll take for GameStops and Best Buys to start getting them?
A couple of weeks.

The initial wave of PS4 demo units will appear in select Sony Stores, with thousands more added to various retail locations, such as GameStop, Best Buy, Target, and Walmart — among others in the coming weeks.

FYI - those pictures look like comp photos from an agency. Soooo - the games / screen image is most likely layered on via photoshop vs. what games are actually playable. Could be wrong - but having worked with a tons of those, sure looks like it to me.

Edit: Note that the console is not turned on .. so pretty much confirmed they are comps - so we do not know for sure EXACTLY what you can play at the demo-stations

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Didn't know there were that many Houston folk here !! The only one here is once again, The Galleria.

Embarrassing tale. I saw the post and immediately went to the nearest Best Buy without checking the list. Obviously, there was nothing there. A day trip to the mall is now in order. I'll go at 10am so no one will bother me.

ant1532

Banned
there's one by me in Miami, but damn, that list of games is sus. definitely don't care enough to go out of my way to play any of those.

That's a pretty bad list.. I get why there's no KZ, but why on earth wouldn't they demo DriveClub and/or Resogun? I don't see the current demos winning many people over.

I think it's broken......it says there is a Kiosk about a mile from me, but on the map, the location is just a residence. Should I just walk up to a dudes door and ask to play his kiosk?:)

EDIT: Scratch that, I think all it did was point to the middle of the zip code I entered as a starting point and there is no end point. :(

mishakoz

That's a pretty bad list.. I get why there's no KZ, but why on earth wouldn't they demo DriveClub and/or Resogun? I don't see the current demos winning many people over.

Not quite sure if they want people to play it then say "okay, I'll order one" cuz the response will be "well, we are out of preorders, try again in late November.

SONY STORE 56
359 STANFORD SHOPPING CENTER PALO ALTO CA 94304
650-322-6170

Well, I know where I'm getting dinner.

That's the closest one to me as well but Im up in Alameda....I'll wait till the BB in Emeryville gets one....or maybe even the GSs in Oakland.

Top Bottom