• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 demo kiosks are starting to pop up at Gamestop & Best Buy

That's a pretty bad list.. I get why there's no KZ, but why on earth wouldn't they demo DriveClub and/or Resogun? I don't see the current demos winning many people over.

Yeah, strange choice of software...nothing really there to really WOW the potential customers that might be on the fence. Seems strange that Drive Club isn't on there.....like someone else said, maybe there is more to the delay rumor.

maybe sony stores get shit games. when they roll out to major retailers it'll be a different selection. maybe it wasn't just ready in time for it.

andycapps

Whoever gets a chance to play one, I'd really like to see a high quality video of the interface. Please, no emo music over it.

partime

map.png

muppets-driving.gif

Lo-Volt

No kiosk in the New York City Sony Store (housed in the skyscraper with the company's name over the entrance and everything), but there's one in Garden City? Come on, man.

Skeff

arrrghhh! What about us brits? Come on Fergal Gara!! Get some units out for us!!

They'll be up soon. there was a thread where a UK retailer had an actual PS4, other retailers were preparing for them, US will go up first and Uk will likely be the week after, I expect bestbuy/walmart and gamespot in US getting them during this week and EU getting them next week, seems like a reasonable conclusion to me at least.

tensuke

Nothing within 100 miles here, either. Although I wouldn't expect it so soon.

Actually they're not showing up anywhere, even for confirmed zip codes...

Five

Banned
Welp, I know what I'm doing after work. The Bristol street store in Costa Mesa, California is about ten minutes away from me.

Oh crap I have to fly out of John Wayne airport tomorrow and the PS store is literally across the street from the airport, SWEET!!! I get to play PS4 tomorrow!

Talk about a disappointing game selection... I actually am worried for Driveclub now.

And this kiosk is going to be practically across the aisle from the Xbox One kiosks... I can't wait for Knack and Octodad but they aren't exactly going to convince people of the power of PS4's new hotness... especially if uninformed customers are comparing it to the One demo which could very well feature Forza and Madden....

Thankfully it has Fifa... and it damn well better have a F-ng awesome sizzle video with Killzone, driveclub, CoD, BF etc..

Lol just found out there's a demo unit next to the movie theater I'm going to today... guess I'll get to check it out for myself...

Dug

Banned
Damn, is there even one in Ohio? Did a couple of area codes with the 100 mile option and couldn't find anything.

DoctorZ

Maybe I'll stop by south coast plaza tonight, probably crowded, but I sort if just want to see games running, not necessarily play them.

They'll be up soon. there was a thread where a UK retailer had an actual PS4, other retailers were preparing for them, US will go up first and Uk will likely be the week after, I expect bestbuy/walmart and gamespot in US getting them during this week and EU getting them next week, seems like a reasonable conclusion to me at least.

Something to look forward too considering I couldn't get a day one product :p

RayMaker

Banned
when are UK getting kiosks?

Its nice they included the PSeye, it shows its a well supported supplement of the PS4 experience, and not just a bullet point.

Jigolo

So Knack demo only or what? I don't mind going just to play with the controller to see how it feels but cotdamn. I need my Killzone

Top Bottom