• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Firmware 2.50 (Yukimura) coming March 26

Sony never really announced it, but it just seems logical (at least to me): what do you think when will we be able to remote play via the ps4-companion app on more devices than just xperia tablets/phones?

i really enjoy remote play on my vita, but there some games where i would like to use the ds4 controller

N° 2048

Very excited for this!

How does backing up to an external HDD work? Can we play the games straight off the external?

Murdoch

Since it comes out in two hours in JPN, if I log into my JPN PSN will it begin downloading the update?

I'm not too sure it'll come out ON the stroke of midnight : ) When 2.5 does hit i'd imagine its a global release and not a gradual rollout. (heres hoping)

Was about to ask about Bloodborne working with suspend/resume, but it looks like it's working nicely.

I'm also looking forward to giving in to my ocd and deleting the 0% trophies - is there any word about other sorting options? I'd like to display PS4 only, kind of like how the vita trophy app can be sorted.

Withnail

Since it comes out in two hours in JPN, if I log into my JPN PSN will it begin downloading the update?

It's a global release and it isn't at midnight Japan time. The past PS4 updates have been coming at around 9am-11am GMT. That's around 19 hours from now.

It's a global release and it isn't at midnight Japan time. The past PS4 updates have been coming at around 9am-11am GMT. That's around 19 hours from now.

Alright, guess I will just play some Bloodborne then. Thanks for the info. I never noticed it was global.

the automatic install for FW is a double edge. one side it's great and i don't to wait. the other is possible bricking. but fuck it. risk taker.

So is the PS Store icon being with all the games/apps confirmed? Seems like a weird change since it already had a nice location. Sometimes I don't understand Sony's decisions.

- Accessibility Options (remap keys to suit your preferences, colour blind support)

i'm interested, but what does this mean?

You can change the color scheme of the OS. You can also add darker or lighter shadows/change the color of shadows behind words and override your themes preference.

muteki

Hopefully vita update will be out at same time, I am travelling and need remote play access this weekend.

Edit: nvm, saw the other thread.Yay!

The beta has been great. Suspend Resume works way better than I had hoped! I was playing OlliOlli 2 and turned off my PS4 during a run just to turn it back on and continue mid trick the next day.

People saying suspend is great for Bloodborne. You do realise that every Souls game essentially saves in this fashion already right? Quit the game and you would always restart where you stood.

Yes, but you can't boot into Demon's Souls like this. That's why this is so desirable.

Not to mention the loading times...

Why would they move the store to the bar instead of just leaving it up top? Lol

So is the PS Store icon being with all the games/apps confirmed? Seems like a weird change since it already had a nice location. Sometimes I don't understand Sony's decisions.
I'm certain they intend to use the game space (when you press down on a tile) for promotions and such.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I wonder if 60fps Remote Play will work via direct connection. The small print saying you need a sufficiently robust wifi connection suggests otherwise.

realcZk

People saying suspend is great for Bloodborne. You do realise that every Souls game essentially saves in this fashion already right? Quit the game and you would always restart where you stood.

yeah man but the load time though....
Cj9NiTH.gif

Stike

What are the games that could use this feature?
Only BF4, MGS and TLOU come to my mind.

Bloodborn, DriveClub, The Evil Within, Alien Isolation,... are 30 fps
It doesn't mean the games won't feel smoother. If you stream a 30 FPS game at 60 fps, there is no more chance of frames being dropped or feeling sluggish.

Dropping a frame or two from 30 fps would be noticeable, however.

Murdoch

Resogun immediately springs to mind. I always felt the loss of 30fps HARD when I played remotely. This should alleviate the problem for existing remote play users : )

Resogun immediately springs to mind. I always felt the loss of 30fps HARD when I played remotely. This should alleviate the problem for existing remote play users : )

Exactly! Resogun on Vita just isn't the same with the 60fps and extra effects. Here's hoping my internet connection is actually good enough the handle it all...

NIN90

jfc that's like the GOAT firmware update.

Although I doubt that Supend & Resume will work very well with Bloodborne. Probably gonna get kicked to the menu screen. That's still better than booting up the game I guess.

Fitzy

For me personally i'm excited to use it with 2k15. Its been my main remote play game for a while.

noomi

I would expect people will need very strong internet connection to be able to utilize 60fps remote/share play....

so does this option include the option to have my friends always set their voice to be broadcast. That has been a pain for my friends as I am always saying can you please allow your voice to be broadcast overtime we play due to my streaming lol

Murdoch

jfc that's like the GOAT firmware update.

Although I doubt that Supend & Resume will work very well with Bloodborne. Probably gonna get kicked to the menu screen. That's still better than booting up the game I guess.

Theres a video in this thread showing someone demonstrating suspend and resume on Bloodborne. It all seems to work seamlessly.

Top Bottom