• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Firmware 2.50 (Yukimura) coming March 26

gruenel

What are the games that could use this feature?
Only BF4, MGS and TLOU come to my mind.

Bloodborn, DriveClub, The Evil Within, Alien Isolation,... are 30 fps

There are tons of 60 FPS games that will benefit from this.

Sports games, Wolfenstein, Diablo, Guilty Gear, Resogun, Tomb Raider, Metro, most indie games...

NIN90

Theres a video in this thread showing someone demonstrating suspend and resume on Bloodborne. It all seems to work seamlessly.

Hm, was that in Online mode though? From my experience with Suspend & Resume (Vita and Xbox One) you get booted to a menu when you come back to an online game. I'd be delighted to be proven wrong, though!

I'm at work so I can't check.

cjp

Sorry if this has been clarified but I don't really want to trawl through 7 pages.

How do you know if a game supports the suspend and resume feature? Will you get a warning if it isn't compatible? It'd be pretty shitty to find on resume that it in fact didn't suspend your progress.

Oppo

So is the PS Store icon being with all the games/apps confirmed? Seems like a weird change since it already had a nice location. Sometimes I don't understand Sony's decisions.

like when they added an extra PSN column to the PS3 XMB

Marketers yelling about "visibility" and "the fold", I suspect

DieH@rd

Banned
I wonder if 60fps Remote Play will work via direct connection. The small print saying you need a sufficiently robust wifi connection suggests otherwise.

It will work fine in home [both directly with PS4 or via router]. Bandwidth that is used by RP is relatively small.

Just_one

Have i understood it correctly?

so you can only delete PS4 games from your trophy list? not PS VITA or PS3 games aswell?

daveo42

Banned
This a mandatory update or will I be able to hold off on updating for a few days? I love Suspend/Resume on the Vita and a lot of the other features are great, but this is also a massive update. I've never had an issue with firmware before *knocks on wood* but better safe than sorry.

like when they added an extra PSN column to the PS3 XMB

Marketers yelling about "visibility" and "the fold", I suspect

Except you can make icons disappear if you limit the app bar to 15 unlike the XMB. Bye bye store.

That's waaaaaaaaay too many features in a single update.

Sony engineers are way over their head with this. It's going to be so broken.

I expect tons of bricked consoles.

There's been a beta update out for awhile now.

antibolo

Banned

mauaus

This a mandatory update or will I be able to hold off on updating for a few days? I love Suspend/Resume on the Vita and a lot of the other features are great, but this is also a massive update. I've never had an issue with firmware before *knocks on wood* but better safe than sorry.
This one should be fine, it has been beta tested for a while now by normal users

Wereroku

They have had this in beta for a while now. I think they specifically did that because this is such a large update.

Mikey Jr.

Seems like they have been beta testing this one for a while. You should be fine.

Most likely mandatory if you want to use online.

Begaria

Nah, Sony learned from 2.0 and actually put 2.5 into a closed beta preview program similar to what the Xbox One does. Seems to be working well enough from what little snippets I've managed to read.

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
It will work fine in home [both directly with PS4 or via router]. Bandwidth that is used by RP is relatively small.
It maybe small in wifi space but I tried remote play going though my phone as a hotspot and damn man 2 levels of Resogun used 500mb lol stopped that quick smart 😁

Looks like a great update. I'm not to angry that there isn't friend notifications yet.. I really hope they allow favorites so all 200+ of my friends signing on at once doesn't annoy the heck out of me.

I have faith that they are totally working on it.

thelastword

Banned
Text to speech is an awesome feature, there's quite a bit there for people with disabilities, they are really shooting it out of the park on that angle, it's good to see. More and more the PS4 is becoming the place to play for all types of people/users.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
What are the games that could use this feature?
Only BF4, MGS and TLOU come to my mind.

Bloodborn, DriveClub, The Evil Within, Alien Isolation,... are 30 fps
A very obvious one is Resogun, which plays quite poorly over remote play now due to 60->30 downmix. There's tons of 60FPS games on PS4. Just from the recent ones I've played or heard of, BF Hardline, Diablo 3, Metro Redux, CoD:AW, Pinball Arcade, Wolfenstein, Tomb Raider, Grim Fandango. Just about every indie game is 60fps too.

Will start playing BB as soon as the update drops so I can customize button layout like they should be.

L1 = dodge
R1 = transform
Circle = vials
Square = light attack
Triangle = heavy attack
R2 = guns

macewank

Sorry if this has been clarified but I don't really want to trawl through 7 pages.

How do you know if a game supports the suspend and resume feature? Will you get a warning if it isn't compatible? It'd be pretty shitty to find on resume that it in fact didn't suspend your progress.

I don't believe there are any compatibility concerns with games. There are some that just flat out won't work properly, like Destiny (because it's online), but in my experience everything else has just worked. It's at the OS level, and isn't something individual softwares need to add support for.

suikodan

Anyone from the preview know if there will be an option that *might* cancel the auto-resume feature?

I explain: I turn off my XBone in the middle of a game so I'm supposed to resume at the same point when I come back. It isn't the case since the XBone seem to have either turned off completely or restarted for X reason.

I read somehere on GAF that it might be because of auto-updates. Hopefully there won't be similar issues with AR on PS4.

noomi

So for anyone who has been in the beta I have a question about backing up.

I have a 500GB external USB hard drive that I would like to backup my ps4 to... however I already have existing files on it. Will this be an issue, or does the ps4 just create a separate folder to write/read from?

Here's a screenshot of the app bar with the new PS Store location from the beta.

firmware_ps4.jpg

What's the over/under on when there will be a SingStar icon right next to it. I give it a year.

Jonboy

This is likely going to be a very dumb question, but how does the suspend/resume affect your play time stats for a game? For example, if I play Bloodborne for 3 hours, suspend for 2 hrs, then play for 3 more hrs, will my play time for the game show 8 hours (suspend included) or 6 hours (play time only)?

Just_one

Can someone (that knows the right answer) answer me this please

so you can only delete PS4 games from your trophy list? not PS VITA or PS3 games aswell?

Top Bottom