• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Pro boxes getting prepped

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I really, really wish they released a white version simultaneously.
Same, all my other consoles are white other than my ps4, I was hoping this would let me go white. Us early adopters are often screwed in this respect.

If a little plain, I do find it looks better in person.

PS4-Pro-gallery-14.png

Hnnnggghh.

Rellik

All I care about is if it sounds like a jet engine or not. My launch PS4 wakes up people in the house from how loud it is. I just want some peace.

nemisis0

I don't expect the PS5 before 2019. So 2 years after Scorpio. The question then would be when do MS do their next iteration.

This could lead to all the big 3 just releasing their consoles separately rather then close together and not bothering to compete whith eachother anymore, nintendo already does it, wonder if the other 2 will follow.

viHuGi

Banned

PS4-Pro-gallery-14.png

And I find the back a lot tidier!

29246763030_f532111608_z.jpg

For me next gen boxes should be bigger than pc towers and with top of the line specs on it like 360 and Ps3 back in the day, nobody cares about design here, we care about power, give us huge boxes with huge power!

With that said, Pro looks beautiful.

This could lead to all the big 3 just releasing their consoles separately rather then close together and not bothering to compete whith eachother anymore, nintendo already does it, wonder if the other 2 will follow.

Releasing during the same year has never really been commonplace. That being said PlayStation and Xbox have too much library overlap and similar specs/functionality to not be direct competitors.

Helscream

Banned
I reserved mine at Gamestop yesterday. Typically avoid Gamestop, but a new one was built about a mile from my house. It doesn't get much customer traffic so it basically serves as my clutch-go-to store for reserved stuff.

Has to be one of the ugliest and unimaginative console designs I've seen in quite some time. It's not quite "Atari Jaguar with the CD add-on" levels of ugly, but they certainly could have gone above and beyond the "PS4 with stomach rolls" aesthetic.

Sure, a console is for playing and not to look at, but still. I'd rather they put a bit more effort into it.

DBT85

MS and Sony are targeting largely the same audience (TF, COD, GTA, FIFA, etc) unlike Nintendo. So I tihnk both will try to keep within touching distance of each other.

EmiPrime

I've been almost 2 months without a PS4, I need my Pro now. I can't wait to finally own a Playstation that has a rear USB port so I won't have the PSVR cable permanently jutting out the front of the machine. Almost worth the cost of the upgrade alone.

First game? Rez Infinite in VR if iam8bit ever ship out our copies of it.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
For me next gen boxes should be bigger than pc towers and with top of the line specs on it like 360 and Ps3 back in the day, nobody cares about design here, we care about power, give us huge boxes with huge power!.

This isn't the year 2000. Hell even back then, consoles were very small, nowhere near PC towers, even Xbox and launch PS3(although launch PS3 does get close when you stand it up)

The fact of the matter is that you can't get 'top of the line specs' anymore in a console form factor. The power draw of these components is too high. And the cost is too high for these companies to eat as well. Or atleast Sony and Nintendo. MS could do it, but they don't want to dump money into something that will be a loss leader.

Only thing holding me back from buying it is the functionality of being able to turn it on when pushing the hamburger button on my Xbox One controller, otherwise I'm out.

Actually looks nice in person, better than the slim but worse than the original.

jett

D-Member
Heh @ the box barely saying anything about 4K gaming. Maybe Sony actually realized nobody gives a fuck.

I have a pretty specific question. Can old PS4 controller enclosures fit on a revised controller? I'd rather not buy yet another controller when they put out a new version of the red one.

JP

Heh @ the box barely saying anything about 4K gaming. Maybe Sony actually realized nobody gives a fuck.
What is there to say about 4K gaming? Did the older model mention the resolutions of games on the box? That's a genuine question, maybe it did mention it but it just seems to be a strange thing to mention on the outside of the box.

JPS Kai

I have a pretty specific question. Can old PS4 controller enclosures fit on a revised controller? I'd rather not buy yet another controller when they put out a new version of the red one.

The only spot if be concerned with is the top curve of the lightbar on the original model. I imagine that might give a little wiggle room on the Pro controller.

I can test for myself when my Pro comes in. I'm pretty sure that I still have one of those blue controller skins from Gamestop in my box of cords.

PS4-Pro-gallery-14.png

And I find the back a lot tidier!

29246763030_f532111608_z.jpg

Yep, I've seen it in person, it really is a smart looking piece of hardware imo. The new controllers are good too, wouldn't think the light on the top of the touchpad makes a positive difference but it does.

The only spot if be concerned with is the top curve of the lightbar on the original model. I imagine that might give a little wiggle room on the Pro controller.

I can test for myself when my Pro comes in. I'm pretty sure that I still have one of those blue controller skins from Gamestop in my box of cords.

I found a teardown of the new controller. The internal design around the lightbar has changed, so I'm out of luck unless I consider removing new lightbar functionality too.

dmix90

I am hopeless..... sold useless Xbox One and old CPU+MOBO+RAM combo. Pre-ordered PRO all because of FFXV and potentially RE7 in VR. Why those new shiny things are so tempting.....ughhh. Now only thing that left is to get rid of PS4.

Your marketing shit works Sony.

Conduit

Banned
I don't know why it's showing like that on the website. Boxes are just region appropriate, which is why you can't rely on those. If you were to check an UK box, it'd show a different voltage than the one for US etc. You have to check the power supply inside. But I've used one in three different continents. You don't have to worry; it works fine.

Are you importing? Or do you travel with it or something?

But all PS4's have universal powersupply.

Top Bottom