• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Slim Unboxing Video

These things are probably either at distributors' warehouses with some slipping through or already in some stores in the back waiting for the official announcement to be put out.

Kazooie

Banned
sweet ass pics my man.
OG so much more symetrical, really aesthetically pleasing. Straight lines, 50/50 split.

I think the Slim would look 1000 times better if they had kept a 50/50 split rather than having a big chunk of plastic underneath the disc tray and a tiny piece of plastic above. Just looks janky as hell.

Also not a fan of the USB port placement, big ass gap like Sid's head.

latest

SummitAve

Banned
Most people don't have any idea how to measure noise levels, even with a decent sound pressure level meter, and chances are it was some random app on a phone which is even less accurate. Wait for someone who knows what they're doing to do an A/B comparison with a launch console before drawing any conclusions.

Pretty much, and until then, or if it's ever specifically addressed by Sony, I won't even be considering this thing.

EcHoMaN

Banned
Did they fix the joystick rubber? maybe just include another rubber set> Always needed when you have sticks... They going to lower price by 25%?

Elios83

I must be in the minority, but I think that it looks great...

Looks like a pretty cool and elegant smaller PS4. Basically what is supposed to be.
The early comments were just overreactions based on a couple of initially leaked images clearly not doing the system justice, like happened with the PS3 Slim in 2009.

clintar

Wow, this is the first time I've seen the system and I can't believe they didn't add any more damn USB ports. Being able to only charge my headset or my controller while using my headset is SO GOOD.

The Wii U has four goddamn USB ports for fuck's sake.

OG so much more symetrical, really aesthetically pleasing. Straight lines, 50/50 split.

I think the Slim would look 1000 times better if they had kept a 50/50 split rather than having a big chunk of plastic underneath the disc tray and a tiny piece of plastic above. Just looks janky as hell.

Also not a fan of the USB port placement, big ass gap like Sid's head.

latest

honestly, the USBs are more usable this way. i still dislike the fact that they are a bit hidden, i couldnt use my rubberized patriot USB had to take out the rubber.

on the other points i guess it is one of those things you either like it or not but maybe this was the only way to even reduce its size

joebruin

You monster. We all know the old ps4 is unstable. Perching it precariously like that with the baby ps4 on its back.

Can you show more of the ds4 and how the new light bar looks in action?

Venom Fox

Banned
How can a PS4 create vacuum cleaner level noise? Don't be fucking silly guys.
Remember that's too quiet. They sound like Jet engines...

hurzelein

Whats's the verdict / first impressions on noise vs. original Ps4? Don't want to dig through all threads, can someone point me to some posts etc?

Want a Ps4 for Paragon, pretty sure I'm gonna wait for the Slim, but if the noise is the same or louder and it's more expensive I would also be okay with the original.

Oersted

It amuses me how basically the entire announce presentation process has been done without any official announcement or presentation.

Yeah EVERYONE hated it at first! It looked so cheap compared to the original!

Looked.

Comparing the two side by side, the PS3 slim feels alot more solid and well built than the original phat model.

Ironically enough, this slim seems to follow the same material language. It just looks densely packed together.

NOOI

Banned
lets all step back away from the computer and breathe before posting expectations like these. because thats a pipe dream.

To be fair, if XB1 was closer to PS4 in install base, Sony could have the incentive to sell at such an aggressive price, much like what they did with PS3 near the end of its life. That price is definitely possible, it's just that Sony has no strategic reason to go that low.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
To be fair, if XB1 was closer to PS4 in install base, Sony could have the incentive to sell at such an aggressive price, much like what they did with PS3 near the end of its life. That price is definitely possible, it's just that Sony has no strategic reason to go that low.

If the PS4k is 300 and the PS4 is 200 I'll eat a paper printed copy of my avatar.

Maximus.

Looked.

Comparing the two side by side, the PS3 slim feels alot more solid and well built than the original phat model.

Ironically enough, this slim seems to follow the same material language. It just looks densely packed together.

This slim version is going back to the idea of making the console as small as possible and they have succeeded in pulling that off. I never expect the slim console to look as "premium" as the first, but this slim version is good. The Xbox One S was a surprise and I feel that team felt they had something to prove with the slim version. Sony has nothing to prove, I will be surprised if the Neo is not a beautiful console or looks exactly like the OG PS4. The slim is literally for people who will not take advantage of the upgraded tech. It isn't meant to be visually appealing compared to what I assume is to come soon.

DOWN

Banned
Interesting swing lots of people say they want this model instead of Neo. I'm personally digging the looks, but want Neo instead

Top Bottom