• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4s Power Explained With Dragonball Z by Japanese Store: “Like Freeza’s Final Form

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Could someone explain this in non-DBZ references? lol
PS3 is George Reeves Superman, PS4 is Christopher Reeve Superman.

PS3 bumbles through a window to knock out a mob guy; PS4 reverses the rotation of the earth, winds back time 40 years, and punches the guy's mom in the gut.

A_Gorilla

Banned
So going further with this analogy then: What is the PC?

I would say Broly: Obscenely strong, can become even stronger over time, and tends to explode if you punch it in just the right spot (or maybe that was just my Sony VAIO with its faulty battery).

Sylver

Banned
So going further with this analogy then: What is the PC?

I would say Broly: Obscenely strong, can become even stronger over time, and tends to explode if you punch it in just the right spot (or maybe that was just my Sony VAIO with its faulty battery).

75% of Steam userbase is Puar but if you mean Titan Black then is Wiss.

velociraptor

Let me break it down to you.

PC - Goku. PCs come in all flavours. Goku can transcend (SSJ) all the way to SSJ4. Goku rises to every single challenge.

PS4 - Vegeta SSJ2. Tries hard, trains hard. Can keep up with Goku at SSJ2, but ultimately forever in Goku's shadow.

Xbox One - Piccolo fused with Kami. Had a small amount of fight in him but he just lives in the clouds.

Alienous

Wii U, PS4, Xbox One

GohanAndPiccoloAttackingFrieza.gif

But that isn't Krillin on the left.

Azure J

GamingGAF should have patented this description system instead of "shoo"ing it out of threads when they'd show up.

Imagine the royalties.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Let me break it down to you.

PC - Goku. PCs come in all flavours. Goku can transcend (SSJ) all the way to SSJ4. Goku rises to every single challenge.

PS4 - Vegeta SSJ2. Tries hard, trains hard. Can keep up with Goku at SSJ2, but ultimately forever in Goku's shadow.

Xbox One - Piccolo fused with Kami. Had a small amount of fight in him but he just lives in the clouds.

They said Vegeta surpassed Goku in the latest movie. At least until he turned SSJ God. ;)

Kimawolf

Were they? I honestly don't remember. lol

Exactly though, the WiiU has potential, but no one seems to care too much about it. Not to be the most powerful, mind you. But potential none the less.

Ok then. Let's see.

PS4 = Frieza
WiiU = Kid Gohan
XBO = That one pink guy who worked under Frieza.
Alright that made me laugh out loud ha. The one pink guy.

Steroyd

Probably the original Wii.

Weak as heck and useless in terms of specs when compared to the competition.

But then it came out of nowhere and cut great ape vegetas tail off before disappearing nearly as quickly.

Nah the Wii is Mr Satan, weak as fuck but is super popular and dubbed the worlds saviour on hype alone.

Jado

Banned
From a technical POV, the multiple Ginyu Forces are kinda pointless. Combined, the Ginyu Force has a power level of 324,500. Eight together is 2,596,000.

Frieza alone? 120,000,000.

All those Ginyu Forces look impressive in the background, but are of no substance to illustrating the PS4's power vs the PS3. May as well be a hundred Krillins.

Jado

Banned
PS4 = Frieza
WiiU = Kid Gohan
XBO = Cell Jr.

I hope that the PS4 sells tons due to this though. That'll be super hilarious.

XBO equaling Cell Jr. would make it many times more powerful than PS4.

Cell Jr > Ultra/Buff SSJ > SSJ > Frieza.

edit: already corrected!

guek

Banned
Still can't believe some ppl say power is irrelevant to casuals and the only reason PS4 is really winning is because of price.

Seriously? At this stage, the spec difference isn't noticeable for casuals. It may be one day but not this early in the game. In fact, ask a casual gamer which is more powerful and it'd be a coin toss between which one they'd actually say.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Seriously? At this stage, the spec difference isn't noticeable for casuals. It may be one day but not this early in the game. In fact, ask a casual gamer which is more powerful and it'd be a coin toss between which one they'd actually say.

it doesn't matter how noticable it is to casuals.

1) Casuals aren't buying these machines yet - at least not in large volumes
2) perception is reality. With all the backlash from E3 and the constant feed of multiplatforms being inferior, people will answer your question as 'PS4 is more powerful' even if they've not seen footage of games directly themselves.

Ricky 7

As a huge DBZ nerd, this comparison always bugged me. Making WiiU Krillin gives you nowhere to go when assigning power levels to each generation of consoles.

I've (sadly) put way too much thought into this. I even have a complete list of associated power rankings for each console starting with the Magnavox Odyssey.

Did Playstation destroy Planet Nintendo because he was scared of another legendary Super Nintendo emerging to kick his butt? =P

Top Bottom