• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4'S SPIDER-MAN UNDERSTANDS WHAT MAKES A GREAT HERO

"A story about the man behind the mask as much as the man in it.”

cC5PJ5.jpg

It’s a classic Spider-Man scene: Peter Parker is chasing after a bad guy. The dude has a decent head start, but Peter is slowly closing the gap. Web over web, turn after turn, he’s catching up. He’s going to get him.

Then, SNAP!, a huge piece of debris disconnects from a building, hurtling toward the streets below. Peter can stop it, but the guy he’s chasing will get away. If he pushes ahead to catch the guy and ignores the debris, hundreds of people below could be at risk. He has to decide what to do. Now.

Decisions like that have always defined Peter Parker, and the choices he makes define the type of hero he is. The mantra has become a cliche, but with great power does come great responsibility. Peter Parker doesn’t take these decisions lightly. And Insomniac isn’t taking them lightly either.

More in the link

DataGhost

That sounds good and all but I would like to see it implemented first before saying more. If it's just a morale points thing, then we've seen it plenty before. However, I do wonder how they decide the difference between stopping the debris that may hurt some civilians initially vs stopping a villian who could potentially causing more harm if they get away

Mediking

Let's see if it can dethrone Gravity Rush Remastered on PS4.

Gravity Rush Remastered is amazing and doesn't have QTEs... :^)

Lol just teasing....

Alienous

Then, SNAP!, a huge piece of debris disconnects from a building, hurtling toward the streets below. Peter can stop it, but the guy he’s chasing will get away. If he pushes ahead to catch the guy and ignores the debris, hundreds of people below could be at risk. He has to decide what to do. Now.

What an exciting way to describe a non-optional QTE.

I didn't see him grab any of those falling pieces of building that broke lose when the crane was falling. No doubt somebody got a serious injury from some of that falling debris on a busy NY street. This incarnation of Spiderman is no saint.

Definitely didn't grab any of that falling fire escape either.

I have complete trust in insomniac. I loved sunset overdrive so I know they can make open world fun. And the little touches of Spiderman automatically saving villains from their certain death are fantastic.

Press Triangle to stop the fun QTE posting about Spidey!!!

You got 15 seconds!

Lol

What an exciting way to describe a non-optional QTE.

Let's see if it can dethrone Gravity Rush Remastered on PS4.

Gravity Rush Remastered is amazing and doesn't have QTEs... :^)

Lol just teasing....

Saving the world, one QTE at a time.
So i assume I can expect this every thread for this game moving forward right just let me know

Top Bottom