• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: Bunch of Final Fantasy games on sale on US PSN right now (30%/50% plussers)

dralla

damn, you cant buy PSN codes on amazon? I was going to use the $10 credit I got this morning from the amazonlocal deal :[

I'd pick up VI, VII, and IX for sure...

...wait a minute.

I don't have 300 hours to finish those. I mean I do... but I'd rather not.

Ondore

Might pick up 8/9... just bought IV Collection the other week at full price, goddamn it.

Though I must confess, I would've loved for 1 and Crisis Core to be on the list in the FFT:WotL price range.

MrMephistoX said:
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions (PSP) $6.99/$4.89 cheaper than iOS is the real news of the thread. Might buy that too

Isn't it cheaper than the iOS versions at the regular price? It's $10 regular on PSN vs $15.99 (iPhone)/$17.99 (iPad).

I already own VI and VII, but I've never played VIII or IX. I'll probably get IX, as I've heard good things, but is VIII worth getting as well? I've heard mixed impressions on the game.

VIII is worth getting if you want to see the pretty graphics and don't mind angst-ridden protagonists everywhere. The combat and story are both weaker than in VII or IX so that could be a dealbreaker. VIII's cinematic sequences are probably as strong as IX but the Nomura designs may not be everyone's cuppa tea.

Link Man

Banned
FFV is only Japan VC though isn't it?

Well, I was talking about FFVI, but yes, FFV is only in Japanese for the SFC/SNES. However, the GBA version outclasses all versions of FFV, so that's really not an issue.

VIII is worth getting if you want to see the pretty graphics and don't mind angst-ridden protagonists everywhere. The combat and story are both weaker than in VII or IX so that could be a dealbreaker. VIII's cinematic sequences are probably as strong as IX but the Nomura designs may not be everyone's cuppa tea.

It is the only FF game with timed hits, though, if you're into that.

RedBoot

how's the loading on FF4 collection on a Vita??
I'd jump on it...but I HATE freakin load times...ESPECIALLY ON A CONSOLE WITH AN SD CARD!

I used the data install for the PSP UMD version, and the loading times were pretty much nonexistent. The digital version should be just as fast (it's certainly the case for Dissidia 012).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Is it possible to go over one hundred hours on FF7?

Breeding chocobos without a guide takes a long time, so it could be that.

Compulsively getting a mastered set of all possible materia for every party member, could be that.

Trying to beat the arcade game that cheats, could be that.

Falling asleep every once in awhile during the middle of disc 2, could be that.

Thoraxes

I guess I should buy 8.

I never could finish it because I disliked it, but maybe 10 years is enough to heal those wounds.

branny

What the heck? I thought I had a digital version of WotL already.

This will be like the fourth or fifth time I've bought some form of FFT over the years. *ignores the other FF games on sale*

Wait, first that Prologus crap and now vanilla Dissidia? Who on earth keeps thinking that anything besides Duodecim matters?

Beth Cyra

Is it possible to go over one hundred hours on FF7?

Breeding chocobos without a guide takes a long time, so it could be that.

Compulsively getting a mastered set of all possible materia for every party member, could be that.

Trying to beat the arcade game that cheats, could be that.

Falling asleep every once in awhile during the middle of disc 2, could be that.

Well I forget about the Materia because I wait for the NC and farm Magic Pots and the Red dot enemies for massive Exp and AP.

burgerdog

What are the chances that Sony doesn't end up making ps1 games compatible with vita? Playing them on my vita is the only reason for buying them so if it doesn't end up happening its just going to be a waste of money.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What are the chances that Sony doesn't end up making ps1 games compatible with vita? Playing them on my vita is the only reason for buying them so if it doesn't end up happening its just going to be a waste of money.

Honestly? Pretty much zero. It's going to happen eventually.

Surprised they are dragging their feet though.

Well... this just just sold me on a psvita rofl.

Going to get FF4 and FFT(psp). So I only played FF7-13. What else would people recommend since I've never played the older classics. I know ff6 is considered by many the best, but unfortunately its not on sale =/.

Travado

Bought FF VII, VIII, IX
and Journey

Now I need to buy another PSN card, there are more FF that I want to grab from this sale.

Ran rp

Thinking about downloading VI for the eventual Vita support.

Are the load times really bad in general or just compared to other versions? If we're talking about 1-2 second menu loading then that won't be a problem with me at all.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Pretty content with just FF4C for now. I want to get FF Origins but not the PS1 versions. I already have 7, 8, and 9.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
PSY・S;36219749 said:
Thinking about downloading VI for the eventual Vita support.

Are the load times really bad in general or just compared to other versions? If we're talking about 1-2 second menu loading then that won't be a problem with me at all.

Here's an example, I think it's a good representative though it's the original PSX version (I think...as opposed to the PSN version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ZIobw3fudLk#t=56s

They try really hard to hide it with the fade ins and outs

Red Scarlet

The Japanese version has a very beneficial glitch with the junction system. I think it's fun to use it, so that's the version I prefer to play.

That always sounded really weird to get it to work, plus Ultima to all stats sounds a bit lol.

Top Bottom