• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: Bunch of Final Fantasy games on sale on US PSN right now (30%/50% plussers)

Gaf, quick question

I had downloaded FFV last month as part of the Plus offer. I want to buy it at the discounted price, just in case I ever let my sub lapse. Problem is that the game is highlighted with the red "purchased" mark, so I can't purchase it, only redownload it. Is there any way around this? Thanks

burgerdog

Do the install bubbles stay even after installing now? 7, 8, and 9 didn't auto delete the bubble after installing and that's the first time I've seen that happen.

Yeah, think something changed with one of the PS3 firmware updates, only PS3 native games (not minis or anything) gets their installation files automatically cleared now. I was annoyed at first, thinking I could not delete them because it says the game will be removed if I do, but realized nothing happens if I delete the installation file and the installed game remains.
Really am not sure if it is done on purpose or not, seems like a bug they introduced and never fixed to me.

Aeana

Do the install bubbles stay even after installing now? 7, 8, and 9 didn't auto delete the bubble after installing and that's the first time I've seen that happen.

Yes, because as of the Vita update, you can no longer copy installed items to another device. So they keep the bubble around so you don't get angry that you have to download the whole thing again just to copy it to another device. It was a dumb change all around.

huggles

Neo Member
Would using a prepaid credit card work on PSN? Or are the PSN cards the way to go if I don't want to input my CC info?

And it sounds like all the loading issues for 5 and 6 are still intact?

Chris R

As for the Vita supporting PSone games in a future update....I wouldn't hold your breath.

I thought it was promised?

And for some reason I was only seeing the 30% off price and not the 50% off price. I'd pick up IX and VII if they were 50% off just to not have to deal with ripping my discs and making eboots again.

Lothars

As for the Vita supporting PSone games in a future update....I wouldn't hold your breath.
It will happen, I suspect fairly soon to

I thought it was promised?

And for some reason I was only seeing the 30% off price and not the 50% off price. I'd pick up IX and VII if they were 50% off just to not have to deal with ripping my discs and making eboots again.
It was promised and I have no doubt it's coming and the 50% off is for plus members.

Chris R

It will happen, I suspect fairly soon to

It was promised and I have no doubt it's coming and the 50% off is for plus members.

I'm plus though :| Maybe the store was just having issues last night. I'll check again when I get home from work today and see if the prices are still messed up.

finalhour

Bit on 8 and 9. I've been meaning to replay these for awhile. 8, to see if it is really as bad as I remember, and 9, to see if it is really as good as everyone else remembers.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Don't know if it was answered but how many gigs is the FF Complete Collection?

728 MB

I never played FFIV before but the Complete Collection seems really good to me. It's made for PSP and the load times aren't long at all. Looks great too.

Esura

Banned
PSY・S;36251667 said:
Why don't FFIII and VI have enhanced (16:9 2D) ports? I would by them all.

I think because Square lost the source code to FFIII or something like that. Dunno about VI, maybe they are just taking their time on that one.

MrDaravon

Picked up FFT (PSP version); I'm actually playing through it right now on my UMD with the slowdown removal and aspect ratio fix patch that came out recently, but for $7 it's worth it to just have it digitally. That way I can throw Tactics Ogre in the UMD drive (which I'm playing next for the first time), and this also gives it to me for whenever I eventually get a Vita. FFT is in my top 3-5 games of all time, so I'll future proof playing it easily however I can.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Are the load times improved over their disc counterparts? Considering getting IX and maybe VIII since my disc 1 is busted.

I have 9 on ps3 and don't see improvement. That was why I was worried about collection for 4....
Goddam it I'll trust you Wario...............

RDreamer

I'm kind of confused. I went on to possibly buy FFIV: TCC, but it looks like it's not on sale for regular users anymore. The only price that's changed is the playstation plus price, and it looks like that change is the 30% off. That's despite there being a big ad on the front of the store saying it's 30%/50% off.

What gives?

Deadstar

Picked up FFIV last night and man is it beautiful. Looks so good on the Vita and it brings back a lot of good memories. It brings so many tears to my eyes when I think about how Final Fantasy has devolved over the past decade.

It got me thinking. Would the overworld work in a 3d Final Fantasy game? Say that there were clear markers showing when you are in a dungeon or outside of a town. Would it be fun to not see the enemies and to have random encounters pop up? I think it's kind of dumb how you can see the enemies in Final Fantasy 13 and you just run up to them. I think random encounters like the old games would be best.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I have 9 on ps3 and don't see improvement. That was why I was worried about collection for 4....
Goddam it I'll trust you Wario...............

Well, big difference is FF9 is just the PSone version. FF4 CC was released like...last year, made for PSP, so yeah. Or something.

Also, the prices are still on sale for me on PSN

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Gaf, quick question

I had downloaded FFV last month as part of the Plus offer. I want to buy it at the discounted price, just in case I ever let my sub lapse. Problem is that the game is highlighted with the red "purchased" mark, so I can't purchase it, only redownload it. Is there any way around this? Thanks
No. Once you get something for free from PS+ it won't let you buy the game on that same account.

Meier

The only game I was interested in buying due to the fact Classics don't work on PSV was the FF4 CC and there's no way in hell I'm buying it for $21 (love the game, but it's just way too much money) so oh well. Hopefully some day SE will pull their head out of their asses on some of their prices.

scy

The only game I was interested in buying due to the fact Classics don't work on PSV was the FF4 CC and there's no way in hell I'm buying it for $21 (love the game, but it's just way too much money) so oh well. Hopefully some day SE will pull their head out of their asses on some of their prices.

Playstation Plus is $15!

:/

Ran rp

Bought both FFVI and IX. Started FFVI via Remote Play and had to shut it off it was so beautiful. The title screen alone had me more pumped to play than anything did in FFXIII, and I got up to chapter 9.

Need to play these properly with the Vita's emulator. Hurry up, Sony!

seady

I do not recall FFVI was ever released by itself on the Playstation. I think it was released as a combo pack with other FF games?

If it was released as a combo pack on the PSone, SquareEnix is pretty fuck up for splitting it apart.

Zoe

I do not recall FFVI was ever released by itself on the Playstation. I think it was released as a combo pack with other FF games?

If it was released as a combo pack on the PSone, SquareEnix is pretty fuck up for splitting it apart.

They were released separately in Japan, IIRC.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Well, big difference is FF9 is just the PSone version. FF4 CC was released like...last year, made for PSP, so yeah. Or something.

Also, the prices are still on sale for me on PSN

I got 4 and thank the gods that there is pretty much unnoticeable loading.

Frigging game is a lot longer and harder than the SNES ver though with all the extra content.

Just at Babel tower now.

It was released with Chrono Trigger as a combo in NA, if im not mistaken. No, wait, that was FFIV. FFV/FFVI were released as a combo.

Buttons

It was released separately in Europe and Japan. :)
final20fantasy20viamjiv.jpg

It was released separately in Europe and Japan. :)
final20fantasy20viamjiv.jpg
To make matters confusing the European FF anthology has FFIV and FFV on it as Chrono Trigger was skipped for some reason (don't give me "it cos it never released in Europe", neither were FFI-VI!), I guess a FFX demo mattered more...

I already own VI and VII, but I've never played VIII or IX. I'll probably get IX, as I've heard good things, but is VIII worth getting as well? I've heard mixed impressions on the game.

Yes, buy it. It is the best game in the franchise. Don't listen to the haters; you need to play it yourself to make an opinion. For $4, go for it.

Eusis

To make matters confusing the European FF anthology has FFIV and FFV on it as Chrono Trigger was skipped for some reason (don't give me "it cos it never released in Europe", neither were FFI-VI!), I guess a FFX demo mattered more...
At least when you did get it, it was arguably the definitive version (at the least it's THE definitive port) in the form of the DS game. Still, that took, what, 14 years? That's kind of ridiculous.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
That's odd. So there's no way to buy something again after your subscription lapses?
Once your subscription is over then it shouldn't be a problem (I've never let my subscription run out so I have no first-hand knowledge to say for sure) but as long as you're a PS+ subscriber then you can't buy something you got for free.

seady

Shit I ended up buying:

Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy Tactics : The War of the Lions

I don't even think I will play them. See what I'll do when Sony let them playable on the Vita.

TheExodu5

Banned
Final Fantasy IV complete is incredible. They've done a fantastic job with it. I can only hope in my wildest dreams that Final Fantasy VI gets the same treatment.

I really like what they've done with the music. They left the option for the original soundtrack, which is definitely welcome, but man the arrangements are great.

B.K.

I wish it was more than just the Final Fantasy titles. I would buy The Third Birthday, if it was on sale.

Top Bottom