• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSM3: Sony has one big surprise for E3 that is not the PlayStation 4.

Taker666

It's probably the big Vita game Pachter was excited by.

That pretty much rules out anything from Japan. So a big western exclusive..maybe Portal/Half-Life/something from Bethesda/Epic.

Mondriaan

If it's hardware related, I'm going to guess a PSP drive attachment to the vita. Maybe they'll also have ps1 emulation on the vita working soon enough to announce that as well.

At this point I'm inclined to believe that it might be better to keep my expectations in check and expect something like a big vita/ps3 firmware update to fix minor browser issues.

SparkTR

I assumed it would be PS3 250$ like now and PS3 $350 premium with PS2 BC and bigger HDD.

If they can sell PS2 for 100 euro and profit it shouldn't be a problem ?

Maybe, but the costs involved with the mass-production of ancient technology like the PS2's chip probably won't be worth the benefits, especially now that interest in next gen systems are rising and interest in current gen is lowering. There are more cost effective ways to get similar results.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
GIANT CRABS VITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#Gamechanger

hqdefault.jpg

Another redesign? A price cut seems to be fair though
Yea, i know it's a chance in hell but i can't think on any other way to make the console more interesting (well besides price). The other cool factor would be Vita+PS3 interaction but that is known already.

SGRU

My bet:

• PS Vita cancelled. All owners refunded for console, games and accessories. They will also get a discount coupon for a 3DS.
  • PS 5. It will be so cool and so powerful it deserves 5 instead of 4.
  • Valve Box. Sony buys Valve so PS 5 will be the so called Valve Box. Gabe Newell starts a sushi-only diet.
  • Riiiiiidge Raceeeeeer.

That's all.

glaurung

I say it's another PlayStation branded phone.

The Xperia Play was a bomb, so they need to make it better. But I would not be surprised if they release a gaming-oriented, hardware buttons-equipped Android tablet with a top of the line Tegra processor.

Or maybe their announcement is that The Last Guardian still has not been cancelled.

Edit: wait, one more - a complete game changer - Steam on PS3.

Without a PS4 announcement, I'm not sure there's anything they could reveal that would match the benefit of a Vita price drop.

Maybe Half-Life 3 console exclusive.

My bet is it's actually some horrible new peripheral.

Only 1 big surprise? preferably. wouldnt you like more than 1, like the more surprises the better?

Their big surprise is 1000 MORE SURPRISES

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Would love to see something TLG or Versus related, or (a stretch) FF7 remix... but I doubt it will be anything that interesting.

Top Bottom