• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSM3: Sony has one big surprise for E3 that is not the PlayStation 4.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Without a PS4 announcement, I'm not sure there's anything they could reveal that would match the benefit of a Vita price drop.

Maybe Half-Life 3 console exclusive.

My bet is it's actually some horrible new peripheral.

a3nrQl.png

if only.

Oppo

The entire back-catalog of PS1 games, now free to all PS+ members.

PS2 emulation on the Vita would be really mindblowing, but I think it's impossible.

KageMaru

I wonder what kind of impact Sony would have if they revealed a game or few that utilized PSV and the ps3 much like the Wii-U with the Wii-u pad.

You would think if this was centered around a game, they would specify a surprise game and just just vaguely say surprise. Can't wait for their conference.

Redesign + price cut?

The issue with redesigns is that they usually follow process shrinks of the internal hardware. There hasn't been any updates on node shrinks for the Cell or RSX, has there?

I wouldn't expect another redesign until they move past the 40nm/45nm size of the GPU and CPU respectively.

The issue with redesigns is that they usually follow process shrinks of the internal hardware. There hasn't been any updates on node shrinks for the Cell or RSX, has there?

I wouldn't expect another redesign until they move past the 40nm/45nm size of the GPU and CPU respectively.
Well IBM had Cell at 32 nm from quite some time. Do you remember the PSTwo? Sony fused the Emotion Engine and Graphics SIntetizer in one die, so i think that's their next logical step in terms of a die shrink and redesign.

But yea, is a far possibility. Btw, i wish something like that transformable controller or split Dual Shock was true.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
The wording in the thread title (and the article) gives a sense of an actual PlayStation 4 announcement/reveal at E3. But as BY2K noted, it's (probably) not that.

There is little Sony could do to wow me with software for PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Vita. Certainly they would want to end this generation with a bang, but for that wouldn't you need to bring out some big guns à la the mentioned Shenmue III, Half-Life 3 or Bungie's upcoming game to name a few? I suppose they could also bring back some beloved franchise to amaze the crowd, but what would it be, they've got a heap of series to choose from? Destruction Derby, MediEvil, Primal perhaps?

One thing I would find interesting would be a modern Vib-Ribbon with Spotify integration, with cross-platform play between PS3 and Vita. But I don't know whether that is something Sony is willing to invest in with the similar Audiosurf to compete with. Well, on the 4th of June we'll know what this is all about.

Midou

I would make a guess but I don't want to get my hopes up. An FFVsXIII rename to FFXV with gameplay (I know there has been a bit before) and release date would be about as surprising as I expect it to be, and I would be surprised.

Castef

Banned
The link is in french, but long story short, the UK Magasine PSM3 claims that Sony still has one big surprise for their conference and no, it's not the PlayStation 4.

Of course it's not the PlayStation 4.

It's the PlayStation Orbis.

KageMaru

Well IBM had Cell at 32 nm from quite some time. Do you remember the PSTwo? Sony fused the Emotion Engine and Graphics SIntetizer in one die, so i think that's their next logical step in terms of a die shrink and redesign.

But yea, is a far possibility. Btw, i wish something like that transformable controller or split Dual Shock was true.

Last I checked, Cell was still 45nm due to issues with the FlexIO.

I always enjoy Sony E3 conference more than MS and Nintendo, big part of it is most likely because I only own PS3. sure they have lots of stats and graphs etc, but they have really wicked montages and trailers, and I like their franchises too. can't wait for this year Sony E3.

I always enjoy Sony E3 conference more than MS and Nintendo, big part of it is most likely because I only own PS3. sure they have lots of stats and graphs etc, but they have really wicked montages and trailers, and I like their franchises too. can't wait for this year Sony E3.

One reason I always look forward to Sony conferences it that they have so many 1st party developers working for them, there's a number of new games that could be announced simply because they have so many developers making games for them.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Maybe we'll finally see Agent. I'd be pretty surprised if it was still a PS3 exclusive. Considering that it's listed on Rockstar's social club as "coming soon" I feel like we might see it again at E3.

Yes but the original source doesn't.

https://twitter.com/#!/PSM3_Magazine/status/203019476558561280

It's just too early for Sony to reveal the PS4 with the Vita in need for care and still many exclusives coming out on the PS3 in the near future.

Its not too early at all. Assuming PS4 is to launch Nov 2013, this is the exact time PS3 got announced. I don't think its PS4 though. I just hope it isn't some Kinect/Move device to try and extend PS3s life.

Blunt

Banned
ken kutagari is back and is out for blood!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juqm94sUV_E

this will be his entrance music.

Kutagari takes the stage and starts talking about his 'new world order' for Playstation when suddenly this music hits;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPaQ4UqY40g

BAH GAWD IT'S HIROSHI YAMAUCHI!

Ken gets smacked over the head with a steel chair and gets busted open - hard way. Yamauchi has come out of retirement to lead his former enemy Sony to victory.

E3 gets Russo'd.

Top Bottom