• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSM3: Sony has one big surprise for E3 that is not the PlayStation 4.

Its not too early at all. Assuming PS4 is to launch Nov 2013, this is the exact time PS3 got announced. I don't think its PS4 though. I just hope it isn't some Kinect/Move device to try and extend PS3s life.

Vita needs ALL the attention it can get right now, PS3 hasn't reached the magic 199$ price point yet and as I mentioned there are still many PS3 first party titles to come. So why disturb all this by announcing the PS4? That's why it's too early to announce.

I expect it'll be announced near the end of this year, to steel some thunder from the WiiU.

Tucah

you speak so well
Vita price cut is the most logical guess.

For my completely out there, batshit crazy guess - Tomba 3.

Vita needs ALL the attention it can get right now, PS3 hasn't reached the magic 199$ price point yet and as I mentioned there are still many PS3 first party titles to come. So why disturb all this by announcing the PS4? I expect it'll be announced near the end of this year, to steel some thunder from the WiiU.

I said I don't think its PS4.

Jafku

Am I the only one that doesn't want a PS4 announcement? I feel like it would completely undercut any attention to the Playstation Vita

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Vita needs ALL the attention it can get right now, PS3 hasn't reached the magic 199$ price point yet and as I mentioned there are still many PS3 first party titles to come. So why disturb all this by announcing the PS4? That's why it's too early to announce.

I expect it'll be announced near the end of this year, to steel some thunder from the WiiU.

Im banking on this happening at E3

KageMaru

Vita price cut is the most logical guess.

For my completely out there, batshit crazy guess - Tomba 3.

A price drop for Vita really isn't a logical guess. They are already losing money per unit, with the goal/hope to recoup what they do lose through accessory and game sales. IIRC they factor an accessory (memory stick) + software would make up the difference they lose per unit. Sony isn't in a state to improve a platform's standing by dropping the price like they did with the ps3.

MYE

Introducing the new Padshock 3 for PS3

PlayStation-Tablet.jpg

Yes but you think it wouldn't be too early to announce and I do think it is.

Ok I getcha. I don't think its too early though, not simply because of Vita. There would still be a year+ for the machine to launch.

Sony is assured to have Vita second generation games to show off and it will still get its focus for at least another year.

theBishop

Banned
Ok I getcha. I don't think its too early though, not simply because of Vita. There would still be a year+ for the machine to launch.

Sony is assured to have Vita second generation games to show off and it will still get its focus for at least another year.

I watched some of Sony's 2005 E3 show, and that was a clear mistake. They jumped right into the PS3 unveil and really neglected PSP at the press conference. Which is weird considering Rockstar was showing GTA Liberty City Stories behind closed doors. Vita needs an equally huge announcement shown on stage.

I watched some of Sony's 2005 E3 show, and that was a clear mistake. They jumped right into the PS3 unveil and really neglected PSP at the press conference. Which is weird considering Rockstar was showing GTA Liberty City Stories behind closed doors. Vita needs an equally huge announcement shown on stage.

They probably won't neglect Vita in the same manner next time though.

I would suspect it is either going to be a game from Rockstar or an on-stage demonstration of Final Fantasy Versus XIII followed by a trailer that makes no mention of platform exclusivity. That would be quite a surprise, given they have said it won't even be at E3. I would certainly welcome it... However, knowing the way everything is, the surprise will be a special appearance by someone who is traditionally not linked to Sony platforms announcing platform parity on their new multi-platform game with maybe a small mention of platform exclusive DLC, like a map.

Elios83

I believe that if they have suprises in store for E3, they will be software related.
Btw I can tell you that Sony will shortly announce official bundles for PSVita. Vita Wi-fi + Uncharted + 4GB card at 249€/$.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I'm expecting a Final Fanatasy VII remake, or Vita to come bundled with PS4.
Now all your PS4 games can be played on ViTA too!?

lol @Teetris, Same here!

theBishop

Banned
San Andreas Stories for Vita
yeah48kn0.gif

I think Red Dead Stories from R* Leeds would be more likely. To do San Andreas properly on Vita would require rebuilding the whole city. GTA4 could happen, but there have already been 2 lengthy episodes in that city.

Vita could get an uprezzed port of San Andreas, but that wouldn't be as exciting.

I wonder if LA Noire's city could be re-purposed for a different style of game.

Armored Core Vita.

Believe.

I would die. I've been wanting a true Armored Core game on a handheld like the VITA. BTW, off topic I know but has anyone played V a lot? I've been hesitant on getting it because I loved the older ones, got bored with the newer ones. Also, I'm hoping this is some huge, ridiculous exclusive that no one will see coming. It has to be something REAL too not like Agent. What a joke e_e

vercity82

I'm going with psn and ps3 titles playable on the vita it's been in the machine but unlocked cant be anything else as far as I can see it they will want to shift sales to vita to give it a push after slump sales.

YoungHav

Banned
I think the big surprise is Sony is going to declare the console war is over and tallying up who comes in second place is moot.

Top Bottom