• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP PRICE DROP this weekend, how long until other systems follow?

Abooie

Banned
Reads thread.
Checks amazon.co.uk

i583tw.jpg

Leaves thread,

Kuran

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
clearance the PSPGo to $99 already. I want a portable PSN/PSone Classics machine.
This! Any place in NY where I might be able to get a good deal on a white Go?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
This price drop is coming way too late, honestly. If this came last year I might have bitten.

As it stands, now I have to wait on an NGP price announcement.

Daigoro

damn! seeing that Peace Walker thread bumped up tonight made me check Amazon and i saw that through them Target was selling them for $129.

very tempted. but there are only 3-5 games i can think of off the top of my head that i really want.

-Peace Walker (possibly some of the other MG games? not sure...)
-Castlevania X
-Ultimate Ghosts N Goblins

honorable mention:
-Tactics Ogre (i think id probably dig this)
-and whats the name of that dungeon game where you are the DM and control all the baddies? some long ass title. i was interested in that game too.

there are probably others id enjoy, but those top 3 were always the reason i wanted the system at all.

im this close to pulling the trigger, but then id need to buy games and a memory stick, etc.

man, just bought one last night from Target with the reduced price---really didn't want to pay the extra 14 dollars in tax for California.

I have similar qualms as what you all have been saying---and I even gave mine away a year go! Still, I decided to drop the gauntlet for Peace Walker, Dissidia 2, 3rd Birthday, GoWs, PS1 games, and pppllleaaaase give me Innocent Sin.

Xiul

Daigoro said:
im this close to pulling the trigger, but then id need to buy games and a memory stick, etc.

Go for it, you can get a bundle whit a memory card for cheap and the games you want are dirty cheap by now.
btw I think you were thinking in :"My lord what i did to deserve this".

angelfly

ZealousD said:
This price drop is coming way too late, honestly. If this came last year I might have bitten.

It's an indication that the NGP price is announcement is right around the corner.

Pein

Banned
Kuran said:
This! Any place in NY where I might be able to get a good deal on a white Go?
if you don't mind buying used, gamestop. I bought mine there and it was in flawless condition.

mollipen

Hey SCEA, could you stock being fucktards and actually give us a standard-issue white PSP over here? You learned how to do it with the Go, so maybe you could learn with the PSP-3000 as well.

I'd ask for the pink one at the same time, but that'd be asking for the impossible.

(Or better yet, just drop the PSP Go to $99 like everybody else is saying, and we'll call it even.)

Takao

Banned
shidoshi said:
Hey SCEA, could you stock being fucktards and actually give us a standard-issue white PSP over here? You learned how to do it with the Go, so maybe you could learn with the PSP-3000 as well.

I'd ask for the pink one at the same time, but that'd be asking for the impossible.

(Or better yet, just drop the PSP Go to $99 like everybody else is saying, and we'll call it even.)

There are white ones that just come with a game that are issued at the same price as the core packs. I have one, though it is sparkly.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
SalsaShark said:
1697429-tacticsogreletusclingtogether_super.jpg

missing out

edit: beaten, cool

You put the wrong box art for Ys Chronicles. ;(

j/k, they're both awesome games though I'm not an SRPG guy.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Izayoi said:
Right, but that doesn't help me with the disc based games I'll be purchasing. Unless it's possible to buy all PSP titles as downloads?

If I were you I'd purchase all my PSP games digitally (PSN) that I don't have starting now, especially the new ones coming out soon.

Like I bought Ys Chronicles from PSN.

stupei

chubigans said:
Buy PSP.

Buy Metal Gear Acid 2.

Thank me later.

The (vastly superior) Metal Gear Acid games are no longer in print, but Special Ops is.

There's no justice in the world.

stupei

The Take Out Bandit said:
I only own 16 DS games and 7 Wii games, but they were still worth purchasing. :\

I can't imagine only having 16 DS games. I have more games for the DS than for any other system I've owned.

Just the 13 PSP games for me, but so glad I own it.

Bluforce

Ninja Scooter said:
clearance the PSPGo to $99 already. I want a portable PSN/PSone Classics machine.
In a store in Italy PSP Go was 99 Euro with 10 downloadable Game.

FIFA Sud Africa 2010
Gran Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines
Gran Turismo
LittleBigPlanet
MotorStorm Arctic Edge
Wipeout Pure
Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice
Need for Speed Shift
James Cameron's AVATAR: The Game

Now in the same store this bundle is 129 Euro.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
ZealousD said:

for you, sure. This is aimed at the mass market that won't be buying an NGP at launch anyway.

As for UK prices, its a shame there is no price drop, but the go is still £140 at GAME and you still get the 10 free games.

Amir0x

Banned
damn 129 is a good price

might pick up a new PSP - my fucking God of War PSP has a crack in its screen already. Fucking shit

itsgreen

MS price drop, like always, in the summer: june/july. Nice boost for the summer. The will get pushes in the fall anyhow (big titles, holidays)

Spwn

Hope there will be price drops in Europe as well. Been thinking about getting a PSP 3000 and have access to all that RPG goodness!

I'll probably wait for the day I can buy a used PSP for 50 bucks, get one and play all the catalog the system contains in a couple years :p I'll spend a lot less money that way.

Grimmy

Banned
Good news. I've played the crap out of my PSP-2000 and it's now quite worn. Soon it will be time to get a new one, so this is perfect timing.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Xiul said:
Go for it, you can get a bundle whit a memory card for cheap and the games you want are dirty cheap by now.
btw I think you were thinking in :"My lord what i did to deserve this".

Problem is the memory card in the bundle is gonna only be like 2 gigs which means either an expensive memstick or you have to buy the sd card gizmo. That runs the price back up north of $150 pretax and pregame. Hell I'd pay $130 for the 3000 if it came with a descent mem stick packed in like 8 or 16 gigs.

fernoca

Sam's had PSP Go for $99 last year (December) on clearance (at least the launch units with Rock Band Unplugged). So the price reduction in the Gos can technically happen at any time. :p

offshore

Abooie said:
Reads thread.
Checks amazon.co.uk

Leaves thread,
£99.99 just seems like the perfect price for the PSP now.

As for other systems, honestly, I don't see a price cut on the 360 or PS3 for a long time. You've got a situation where MS are very happy because they're making a very healthy profit and having their best quarter ever, and you've got Sony who are happy because they're making money and also having a great quarter.

So Sony and MS probably don't want each other to cut the price, because if they did, MS' large profit on the hardware would go down, and Sony would probably start losing money again on the PS3.

I think it will take a mammoth sales crash before MS or Sony move on price.

olimpia84

I bough mine a few years ago for $120 (Rockband bundle) when WalMart had a glitch in the price so this is still too expensive ;)

Ichabod

Banned
So tempted to finally dive in and catch up on all the awesome titles I've missed out on, but I'll still wait for PSP2 before taking the plunge.

fernoca

Elios83 said:
Nice, this also adds credibility to the PS3 March/April 199$ price drop with new model rumor.
What rumor?
The only one I've seen is the "hack proof" 300GB unit for $299.99, for which they'll put the other $299.99/$399.99 models for (slightly) less. But after that, they'll continue with $299.99 models.

Unless there's another one. Though would be nice anyway.

The Take Out Bandit said:
I noticed this yesterday when I was at Target. All of them were marked down to $129.99, including bundles. :O
I need another PSP like I need another Game Boy, but if I could get the Ghost of Sparta bundle for $130, I'd buy it in a heartbeat... and I'm still picking up an NGP day one...

matmanx1

Great deal! I've been playing Xenogears (thanks, PSN!) Grandia and Tales of Eternia (imported from the UK) on my PSP-3000 the last few days (it's a silver 3000 from the Ratchet and Clank bundle many moons ago) and having a great time with it. PSP really has a great library at this point, especially if you like JRPG's and Japanese games in general.

Elios83

fernoca said:
What rumor?
The only one I've seen is the "hack proof" 300GB unit for $299.99, for which they'll put the other $299.99/$399.99 models for (slightly) less. But after that, they'll continue with $299.99 models.

Unless there's another one. Though would be nice anyway.

The rumor you're talking about said that the new PS3 model is supposed to be priced at 169-179£, that is compared to the official 255£ price in the UK.
It's a 100€ price drop. Unfortunately a few american websites converted the 179£ price in dollars and that's almost 299$ but it doesn't mean a lot ;)

There also other rumors I've heard, nothing confirmed at this point but it seems like there will be spring action, Sony might be ready to drop the price consistentely and fight back piracy as early as spring. They want to get software sales for all their titles this year maximized and not handicapped by a saturated price point.

Ugh... I picked up a Go 5 days ago for $199 for Tactics Ogre

I wonder if I should return it and get a 3000 for $129 or a used one for like $100

I wonder if I can even return it. Time to look up Best Buy's return policy. I really like the Go's form factor though...

$199 for a Go and I can't even figure out how to get those free games. Should have waited a week and picked up a cheap 3000 :(

Quixzlizx

Brettison said:
Large reason why despite being the slightly inferior system IMO at this point I'd almost rather have a PSP Go... especially since it would have built in storage...

Like I said I'd buy a $100 PSP Go in a heartbeat. Fat chance of Sony doing this though.

If you pay attention, you can get a new Go for $100. I did roughly a month ago.

I think Gamestop sells them used for around $100 as well.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
The Go was 150 euros for a long time, I'm surprised it's gone back up

Normal PSP also has been 130 with 2+ games for a long time

Elios83

Zoe said:
Why no price drop for the Go :(

Because it had a price drop from 249$ to 199$ in October/November.......not that I think it's enough but now that the Go is homebrew enabled I think it might be worth of its price tag, you can now run a lot of applications on it and there's finally a way to play legal backups of UMD games not available on the store.

Couldn't care less about PSP with NGP around the corner.

I'd like a Wii price drop though. Might be interested in picking that up again. $200 for a gamecube is ridiculous. I bought that thing for $99 eight years ago.

Quixzlizx

Zoe said:
Where'd you manage that?

There were some Hardee's coupons floating around that were $50 off of a PSP purchase at Target. There was also a Radio Shack sale for a $150 Go. Pricematched at Target and used the coupon for a total of $100.

The reason to buy them is because they have great games.
\/\/\/

mclaren777

The PSP has tons of great games but I still can't see myself buying one because I don't have a good reason (commute, etc) to own a portable gaming system.

Top Bottom