• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVR sold out within 5 minutes (UK and German amazon store)

Brigandier

Was approx 10:55 when it went live to pre order got mine in at :57.... Those few minutes count should of been 11 like stated.

Mayyybe a dumb question, but I'll take the risk anyways...but are there any region-specific region-locking implications on these?

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
I just ordered one now from shopto for 330 uk pounds.

I'm seeing full price on my side

AHSeNY3.png

DiGiKerot

Managed to get a preorder in at Amazon, but presently about 75% sure I'll cancel it before it releases. No intention of scalping it or anything like that, just don't want to be caught short if something comes to light between now and October that makes me want to keep ahold of the thing.

This thing launches in October? They should be able to make enough at this stage. I am guessing other retailers have got the majority of the allocation.

This thing launches in October? They should be able to make enough at this stage. I am guessing other retailers have got the majority of the allocation.
It could have been pretty small, maybe even 1000 or so units for the first wave of preorders. I'm sure they will be available again for preorder multiple times before launch.

T.O.P

Banned
Got one on Amazon IT

I'm not even interested in it but since Amazon doesn't charge until the thing ships i'll stick with it, might make some $

If not, i'll keep it for a friend anyway

Hasney

Not sure what's going on with Amazon Uk now tbh. Was up with oct 1st date, then down, then back up for "pre order" with no date, then the date came back and now it's got no date again and the search results page says "unavailable".

Friggz

im holding off on driving into work becuase im expecting them to drop the on US amazon site during my commute.

any time table for US preorder?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Ey BY2K, do you have anything positive to say about PSVR in a PSVR-related thread,
or are we going to see these kind of posts now in all PSVR threads?

I just think it's too soon. It's pricey for a peripheral and the content, to me, is not interesting aside from a very few games.

Like, 5 years too early.

Dinjooh

Not sure what's going on with Amazon Uk now tbh. Was up with oct 1st date, then down, then back up for "pre order" with no date, then the date came back and now it's got no date again and the search results page says "unavailable".

I just managed to order one from Amazon UK, like.. literally 1 minute ago.

That's what I mean, you can order freely again now, but the October date has been removed from the product page when it was there originally.

*sweating intensifies*

Zerojul

Wow put my preorder with Amazon.fr at 12h01 just before launch and now back from lunch I read it sold out in 5 minutes ? O_O
Glad I didn't hesitate then.

Vena

Ey BY2K, do you have anything positive to say about PSVR in a PSVR-related thread,
or are we going to see these kind of posts now in all PSVR threads?

He's not wrong, this is a market fragment and... the item is available elsewhere. Who cares if it sold out at a specific retailer, with an unknown amount of units sold.

DiracSea

Banned
Isn't this meaningless without the context of how many....

I.e. 100 in 10mins=wowzers v 10 in 10mins... Mmmmm.

Yeah, completely worthless as of now. Reminds me of Vive's announcement "We sold 15k units in the first hour!" <- We never heard anything about its sales since then. Guess it didn't go quite linear ;)

Raylan

Banned
He's not wrong, this is a market fragment and... the item is available elsewhere. Who cares if it sold out at a specific retailer, with an unknown amount of units sold.
Sales-GAF cares. As we always do. It's nice to know these little details, you know?

I just think it's too soon. It's pricey for a peripheral and the content, to me, is not interesting aside from a very few games.

Like, 5 years too early.
I guess you already made that clear with:

And now that I think about it. This is a Sony peripheral. Support for this is gonna die faster than you can say Virtual Insanity.
They're asking the price of the system and you can't do shit with it.
NOBODY WINS.

Hasney

Send them to family member, really? That's disappointingly simple haha. I guess you couldn't buy too many like this though (unless you had a huge willing family).

That's not accurate. Tried to order another one to my brothers address and it wouldn't go through. They would need totally new accounts on top of that.

*Splinter

Would this really attract scalpers? I can't imagine it being THAT hard to get hold of. Especially selling out so early - surely there's time to increase the supply in response in time for October

Top Bottom