• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Public Announcement: Tales of the Abyss 3DS is out today

herod

It was gone very quickly in the UK (basically gone within a week), but seemed to get a reprint, which is nearly sold out again.

MrDaravon

wait, why is the OT in Community? this ver just came out...

Came out in Europe a while ago (last year I think?).

Super tempting as I love the game, but they didn't add anything in terms of content (right?) and I don't see myself going through it again. Totally worth picking up though if you've never played it, the game does a fantastic job of making you HATE the main character and then turning it around.

Eusis

Which version is better? This or the PS2 version?
Depends on which you value more: A reliable FPS with optional 3D and no loading, or a higher resolution and potential FPS of 60 in battle. Also D-pad controls, but that only matters at all in battle, and not enough to me.

LiK

Came out in Europe a while ago (last year I think?).

Super tempting as I love the game, but they didn't add anything in terms of content (right?) and I don't see myself going through it again. Totally worth picking up though if you've never played it, the game does a fantastic job of making you HATE the main character and then turning it around.

oh, no wonder

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Wow. Did not know that this was out today, despite following the game since its first announcement. Will buy a copy tomorrow.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I want to go grab Tekken tonight, but as I was telling my friend whom I just got off the phone with literally 30 seconds ago I'm worried about not grabbing Tales ASAP.

I'm still working through Zelda OOT, and I don't need another SP game right now. Yet I'm worried if I don't get Abyss like literally today that I'm going to be fucked down the road getting a copy for $40.

Picked it up and preordered my copy of Tales of Graces f, I dont even own a ps3 but I"ll buy anything to support the Tales games.

*edit*
Now seeing that its going to have limited run, I'll buy another copy and keep it sealed.

UberTag

Even though I'm knee-deep in Vita country, I made a point of pre-ordering this from Best Buy. And then, when my preorder failed to ship and Best Buy listed it as Out of Stock this morning I immediately switched my order over to Amazon. Can't risk not getting this.

basik

I had no idea this game was even coming out in the usa...thought it was only in europe like one piece...extreme marketing fail.

jdevil99

Picked up mine this morning as well as Uncharted Golden Abyss and payed off the Vita for tomorrows pick up. Actually saw a young kid there getting Tales of the Abyss as a V-day gift from his mom and talked her into preordering Tales of Graces F for him. He was quite happy and I felt like it was a small victory for Tales fans such as myself. I then got side tracked telling him about Xillia and the partner system and how far I was in it, but that's how I am, get me talking about Tales of and I don't stop.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I didn't pre-order it... Maybe... I should go out and get it tonight. Valentine's Night is in the way but..... Fuck.

bounchfx

shit! Bought my copy on ps2 a while ago but never really played it.. it's still sitting there, but I think I'd rather have it portable.. I might have to get this... any reviews yet on how the port went?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I had no idea this game was even coming out in the usa...thought it was only in europe like one piece...extreme marketing fail.
Well it was supposed to come to NA way back in November, but I guess shit happened. They picked a really weird time to release this game.

Right now it's either I let this bomb and buy Revelations, or I buy Revelations and let this bomb.

shit! Bought my copy on ps2 a while ago but never really played it.. it's still sitting there, but I think I'd rather have it portable.. I might have to get this... any reviews yet on how the port went?

Better load times and stable FPS.

Well it was supposed to come to NA way back in November, but I guess shit happened. They picked a really weird time to release this game.

Right now it's either I let this bomb and buy Revelations, or I buy Revelations and let this bomb.

RE will be $30 soon.
Meanwhile you won't be able to find this soon.

LiK

I want to go grab Tekken tonight, but as I was telling my friend whom I just got off the phone with literally 30 seconds ago I'm worried about not grabbing Tales ASAP.

I'm still working through Zelda OOT, and I don't need another SP game right now. Yet I'm worried if I don't get Abyss like literally today that I'm going to be fucked down the road getting a copy for $40.

Tekken will hit Bargain Bin. Tales will disappear FOREVER

Really enjoying it so far; I'm about an hour in. I didn't have the chance to play it on the PS2, so I'm really happy about it being on the 3DS.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Was going to pass, psvita coming out and all, but broke down and ordered it via amazon. I love tales game.

As an extension to the public announcement, don't buy it.

It is just ever so slightly good enough to keep you playing, but never gets interesting and the story never goes anywhere and the characters never redeem themselves. The battle system is decent, but gets repetitive and old fast with nothing to drive the game along.

Not a fan.

Top Bottom