• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Public Announcement: Tales of the Abyss 3DS is out today

TEJ

thank jeebus I preordered it, I think I got the only copy at GS.

Looks like I will need to preorder Graces F soon.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Yup.
No idea why it took so long to get it out in the States.
And releasing it in the midst of so many stellar games.
Stupid.
This game should have been out last Summer.
Ugh, I've never seen it in stores during all this time. If I knew I would've hunted it down for sure :/

Hopfully I can find it somewhere tomorrow

Sophia

Wonder if the 3DS version added vocals back in for Karma? Probably not. Nope, they didn't. Lame Namco, Lame.

Still, thinking about picking this up. I need a good RPG to play and I've never played Abyss.

I couldn't find a copy to buy in the UK so I rented it from Lovefilm. It's pretty good

That's a good idea I guess. I just dont have a 3DS yet, I just knew this was gonna be super rare like all Tales games in the UK and wanted to buy it and save it for when I had a 3DS...

...but 3 weeks of searching at launch got me nothing except inflated ebay prices.

EDIT: lovefilm don't rent this game. Well that's that.

Hmm, pass. I played it on the PS2 and I really have no desire to do it again, especially with no extra content.

I guess this will be the first English Tales game I've not bought. Whoa.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Bad timing, Namco. The same week as the Vita launch? Really?

I would have been interested in playing this again too (played the JP version originally so I'm curious how the localization turned out). Where was this game a few months ago? It shouldn't have been that difficult to release. :\

timnich

Picked it up this morning, just got into it a bit before I go back to studying. Werent there lyrics in the opening for the PS2 version? I distinctly remember there being lyrics, but it's not really a big deal. The most important thing is reduced load times, it's pretty much instantaneous!

daffy

Banned
Ugh! If I can't find it this summer then I guess it just won't be bought. Tough titties Namco. I am not bending over backwards to play a port.. I'll gamefly it in two years.

dark10x

UK folks, if you have a Grainger Games near you check it out. One of the employees in the Liverpool store said they get loads in for some reason.

It's in stock on their website, too. Not cheap though.

it's considered one of the better ones in the series from what i'm told. and yes, i think it'll be limited.

I consider it the worst. Don't want to harp on it, but out of all the PS2 jrpgs I played (which was pretty much all of them) it by far left me with the worst memories. There were games that were worse, and I stopped playing them. This game kept me playing in the hope it would get good, which it didn't, which is why I hate it so much.

Not a lot of options on the 3ds, so by all means jump in if you want a jrpg, but be warned! The fixed load times will at least help a lot

UK folks, if you have a Grainger Games near you check it out. One of the employees in the Liverpool store said they get loads in for some reason.

It's in stock on their website, too. Not cheap though.

Yeah, that's where I saw it today (Huddersfield). (I was looking for a copy of Sonic Generations, bastards still have it at £20)

dark10x

I think you're drastically overestimating the impact of the Vita launch in the US on... pretty much anything.
I'm talking about it personally. I doubt my 3DS will be getting any love for a while at this point (still gotta finish Revelations, though, which is fantastic).

I'm more likely to pick up the JP version of Innocence R for Vita instead.

I would have loved to have this game back in December when I was travelling in Europe but the 3DS isn't region free so I was kind of screwed. :\

Picked up my pre-order this morning. The guy at Gamestop said they received three copies. (For their three pre-orders)

Why is this a shock to some of you? :p

I was gonna snag Tekken as well until he said they were getting eight copies.

Edit: For those of you with 3DS. Tekken Prime MPOs are out.

http://m.nintendo-online.de/news/97...-zu-tekken-3d-prime-edition/#&ui-state=dialog

Double Edit: Lyric-version is awful. Glad we retained the guitar-riff only version.

Tambini

That's a good idea I guess. I just dont have a 3DS yet, I just knew this was gonna be super rare like all Tales games in the UK and wanted to buy it and save it for when I had a 3DS...

...but 3 weeks of searching at launch got me nothing except inflated ebay prices.

EDIT: lovefilm don't rent this game. Well that's that.

http://www.lovefilm.com/games/Tales-of-the-Abyss-3DS/168792/

I'm playing a copy I got from Lovefilm at this very moment

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Holy shit Amazon ships fast with Prime.

"Shipping Soon"

In less than 30 minutes. Consider me surprised

Namco: "3DS userbase is starved for RPGs? OK, we'll port one of our old Tales games over... and then only print 5000 copies of it! MWAHAHAHAHA we're geniuses!!!!!"

Torraz

Hmm, this sounds troubling.

As a EU gamer who didn't perform any shenanigans on his ps 2 I never played abyss.

However I don't have a 3ds yet and I'm not sure which region of the device I actually want due to region locks and games only being available in some regions...

Huff

Banned
I think you're drastically overestimating the impact of the Vita launch in the US on... pretty much anything.

the people that like tales games are probably going to be big vidya game nerds, so the same people that are going to look at getting the vita day 1 :p

LiK

I consider it the worst. Don't want to harp on it, but out of all the PS2 jrpgs I played (which was pretty much all of them) it by far left me with the worst memories. There were games that were worse, and I stopped playing them. This game kept me playing in the hope it would get good, which it didn't, which is why I hate it so much.

Not a lot of options on the 3ds, so by all means jump in if you want a jrpg, but be warned! The fixed load times will at least help a lot

ah really? i hear differently from the other guys. guess i'll find out, lol

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Bought. Thanks for the reminder, OP.

Kusagari

Holy shit Amazon ships fast with Prime.

"Shipping Soon"

In less than 30 minutes. Consider me surprised

This happened to me within 5 minutes of ordering it. I tried to change the address, because I sent it to my home address and not my apartment for school, and it was already shipping soon. Guess I'll have to get it when I go back for spring break lol.

Trojita will be doing an OT for NA version.

Just started playing it a bit. Am surprised at how decent the 3d is for a cheap 3d convert.

And god... when was the last time a game had snappy menus???

Not a huge fan of the word bubbles popping out though.

LiK

Hmm, this sounds troubling.

As a EU gamer who didn't perform any shenanigans on his ps 2 I never played abyss.

However I don't have a 3ds yet and I'm not sure which region of the device I actually want due to region locks and games only being available in some regions...

i think i remember reading that Bamco undershipped the EU copies and it's really hard to find now.

just checked Amazon UK and they don't even have it. you got resellers tho.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005EVV02C/

This happened to me within 5 minutes of ordering it. I tried to change the address, because I sent it to my home address and not my apartment for school, and it was already shipping soon. Guess I'll have to get it when I go back for spring break lol.

Just cancel your order and do it again ;)

Heh this reminder came too late, was in a EB Games earlier and would have picked it up had known. Oh well, I have to go out later tonight maybe I'll get it then. Heard so much about this game over the years I'd love to check it out.

Jetku

Thanks for letting me know!

I knew this was coming out eventually, but never would have guessed today.

I did the in store pickup from GameStop and will grab it on my way home from work.

If only Namco-Bandai reminded me of the release date...

Thoraxes

thank jeebus I preordered it, I think I got the only copy at GS.

Looks like I will need to preorder Graces F soon.

Yep. I was the only one who pre-ordered a copy at my local GS (and they only got 3 copies in). Gonna do the same with f.

B.K.

Gamestop has my copy that I preordered. I didn't get a chance to pick it up today, so I will tomorrow. As far as I know, they only got two copies. My preorder and another preorder.

PKrockin

This is when living in the boondocks sucks. Walmart has a tiny selection of games all for full price and Amazon's one-day shipping still takes like two or even three days.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I picked my copy up tonight, but I have to prepare for a presentation tomorrow.

Remember that if you want to do a 100% complete first playthrough, just look at a Sidequest FAQ or something, because the sidequests are never explicitly mentioned.

Top Bottom