• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Publix |OT| Where subs are a pleasure

mackattk

Don't forget about the $1 off coupons that are frequently in the ad each week. $1 off a full combo. You basically get a 30oz drink and chips for 50 cents.

It is awesome when the publix subs are on sale for $4.99. The Mojo Pork (be sure to ask for bbq sauce) is on sale this week. full 12" sub, drink and chips for $5.49? HELL YEAH

EqboP9w.png

Cptkrush

I'm actually excited to go get these subs and bring them to Disney with me.

$12 bucks for a hotdog? Get fucked Disney.

I love Publix subs but Casey's Corner is great though, and to be fair it's 12 bucks for a footlong hot dog with mac and cheese on it served with French fries. It's the best value for two people in the whole park for food that my girlfriend and I have found so far.

Don't forget about the $1 off coupons that are frequently in the ad each week. $1 off a full combo. You basically get a 30oz drink and chips for 50 cents.

It is awesome when the publix subs are on sale for $4.99. The Mojo Pork (be sure to ask for bbq sauce) is on sale this week. full 12" sub, drink and chips for $5.49? HELL YEAH

EqboP9w.png

Where did you get this coupon friend?

Fantastical

Death Prophet

EqboP9w.png
When the turkey subs were on sale + this coupon in July. 🙌

LifEndz

Next time I'm in FL I'm going to have to try their chicken wings. You guys are putting them up there with their subs.

Went to visit my Dad in NC and he was talking about Publix opening up shop down there. Went to one, and it was amazing. People that worked there actually seemed super happy and helpful. Finally had a Pub Sub and the Chicken Tenders are legit good.

mackattk

Last time I went there they didn't have any. I cried.

Then you have to wait a few minutes for some fresh chicken. Well worth the wait. I would rather wait to be honest.. Sometimes if I go there at lunch and they have older chicken it just isn't as good.

So glad i moved from MD to ATL. Publix has THE best fried chicken ive ever had. Also, the NY Potato Salad is the GOAT.

And that Mountain Bread from the bakery, HNNGGGGGGGG

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Then you have to wait a few minutes for some fresh chicken. Well worth the wait. I would rather wait to be honest.. Sometimes if I go there at lunch and they have older chicken it just isn't as good.

They said 20 minutes, I guess they must have just started making it or something.

finalflame

Of course Publix has an OT. I miss it every day of my west coast life, and not a single other thing about the east coast. Have a bite of your chicken tender subs for me today, comrades.

Jamaican Jerk Turkey is the best sub, even though it is off the menu you can still get it.

Boarshead Jerk Turkey
Chipotle Gouda
Bacon
Then I go with spinach, pickle, banana peppers, salt and pepper
Light Mayo
Honey Mustard

So good.
protip: Switch out the Mayo with Chipotle Gourmaisse if you trying to breath delicious fire.

finalflame

Jamaican Jerk Turkey is the best sub, even though it is off the menu you can still get it.

Boarshead Jerk Turkey
Chipotle Gouda
Bacon
Then I go with spinach, pickle, banana peppers, salt and pepper
Light Mayo
Honey Mustard

So good.

Jerk chicken with chipotle gouda was my go-to when I got tired of chicken tender subs. Continued to get it every now and again before leaving Florida; I hope they keep the stuff on hand to make it into infinity, it's so good.

Lkr

So I got the tenders tossed in the bag with ranch and buffalo for the first time today. Used to do just buffalo. This is a game changer

So I just tried a Publix chicken tender sub for the first time.

It was pretty good. Obviously not as amazing as y'all were saying it was (cause hyperbole) but still was a damn good sub.

I've lived near a Publix for the last 10 years and have never had one of their chicken tender subs... until today. I've had their meatball and chicken cordon bleu subs before and liked them but this thread got me to try the chicken tenders. I thought I would just order a footlong and have half tonight and half for lunch at work tomorrow. I got mine tossed with the buffalo sauce and ranch and it weighed almost two pounds!

I only ate a fourth of it. It's delicious and the chicken was freshly fried and so crispy on the outside but I know if I even eat half of it I will regret it.

gaiages

Banned
They said 20 minutes, I guess they must have just started making it or something.

Ouch.. longest I had to wait was 10 minutes and that was when they just started making it.

As someone that's had to work on making chicken during these sales (I always hated when tenders were on sale), the thing that takes forever is either breading all of the tenders, or that the deep fryers were full of other items and you have to wait for those to finish up first. Tender sales (normal or subs) would throw everything out of whack, moreso than other chicken sales. Of course, that's because they're tasty af so it's not surprising.

border

Is there any trick to getting fresh chicken tenders? Can you just ask them to drop some for you? Is there a particular time of day you can go in and expect them to have good ones?

I honestly don't think their chicken tenders are that good unless you get them fresh out of the fryer.

gaiages

Banned
Is there any trick to getting fresh chicken tenders? Can you just ask them to drop some for you? Is there a particular time of day you can go in and expect them to have good ones?

I honestly don't think their chicken tenders are that good unless you get them fresh out of the fryer.

You can just ask for fresh ones, but it might take a bit to get them for reasons I talked about above.

When fresh tenders are most likely to be available depends on the store and when their busy periods are. Generally right at the end of busy periods is when the staff will be trying to replenish their chicken stock, so any fried chicken will be fresh.

Tried a sub from Walmart, was met with immediate regret.
God what trash subs.
Got an ultimate today to rid the nasty Walmart sub from my memory.

mackattk

What do you guys get on your subs???

Is it sad I’m so excited to get subs when I go to Florida lol

Not a huge fan of sauces - more often than not it just overpowers anything else that is on the sandwich.

I get lettuce, tomato, onion, green pepper, cucumber, and parmesan cheese.

I just got back from Orlando. Was able to tackle a chicken tender sub on Sat (just a half) and a whole ultimate sub on Sun. Goddamn I miss Publix.

Chicken Tender:
White Bread
Tenders
Buffalo & Ranch
American Cheese

Ultimate:
White Bread
Provolone
Lettuce
Spinach
Tomatoes
Onions
Black Pepper
Mayo & Mustard
Oil & Vinegar

So thanks to this thread's recommendation, I tried out the Chicken Tender sub on Saturday...I've missed so much.

What do you guys get on your subs???

Is it sad I'm so excited to get subs when I go to Florida lol

On my Ultimate:

Wheat Bread
Mayo
Mustard
Swiss Cheese
Lettuce
Tomato
Pickles
Olives
Salt, Pepper, Oregano