• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Publix |OT| Where subs are a pleasure

Buckle

Their cakes are like a drug addiction.

Once you get a piece, you just can't stop shoving it in your mouth.

Shit...now I want one again.

tensuke

Publix has an OT? I...I'm not even mad.

Anybody ever get the salsalito turkey sandwich? They're usually over in the prepackaged subs section, I'd get a fresh whole sub of it but I never look at the ingredients to see what's in it. They're so damn good.

phanphare

Banned
got a tendie sub yesterday

it was glorious

tossed in buffalo sauce, provolone cheese, and pickles. their pickles kind of suck though..

Doncortez

Got the tenders sub today for the 1st time based on a suggestion here. That sub is legit. I got the whole on white W/ buffalo, ranch, provolone cheese and black pepper toasted.

IrishNinja

i feel like every time i roll through, cheez-its are on BOGO

not complaining, mind - just seeing them & enteman's (sp?) donuts always on the cheap fucks up my healthy eating plan

Mindlog

Still blows my mind how their subs and other 'subshops' have similar prices. The quality gulf is extraordinary.

So crazy reading about a thread full of amazement and wonder at something I grew up with and took for granted =p

Publix subs are fantastic value. Boars Head is useless though. Wasted dollar, there is absolutely zero difference in taste/texture.

Did get horribly sick after eating a Publix sub one time though. Was a horrible few days. Not sure if it was food poisoning, but it's the only time in my life I ever got sick like that from eating food. Had a mental block for about a year that made me not want to eat them, but it went away and now I'm back to it.

WaWa isn't quite as price efficient, but I do enjoy their subs quite a bit!

gaiages

Banned
So crazy reading about a thread full of amazement and wonder at something I grew up with and took for granted =p

Publix subs are fantastic value. Boars Head is useless though. Wasted dollar, there is absolutely zero difference in taste/texture.

Bruh are you joking right now

I can't even eat Publix sliced turkey it's so different. Ham maybe but turkey, bleh

Log4Girlz

Did get horribly sick after eating a Publix sub one time though. Was a horrible few days. Not sure if it was food poisoning, but it's the only time in my life I ever got sick like that from eating food. Had a mental block for about a year that made me not want to eat them, but it went away and now I'm back to it.

WaWa isn't quite as price efficient, but I do enjoy their subs quite a bit!

Go see a doctor

phanphare

Banned
I've never opted for Boar's Head. Publix ish is just fine.

I have a sneaking suspicion that like all of the other publix brand stuff throughout the store that it's basically the same thing that it's next to in this case boar's head

also my stomach can get fucked up with certain things so how I know that the publix meat is on point is I can eat their italian sub and be fine after

gaiages

Banned
I have a sneaking suspicion that like all of the other publix brand stuff throughout the store that it's basically the same thing that it's next to in this case boar's head

It really, really isn't. Trust me, I was a deli worker.

If you're fine with the Publix meat, that's fine and all, but they are different.

chekhonte

Tkjmcfn.jpg

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Down in Florida on business and have a publix right across the street. I went because of all of the chat on this site and I am pleased. The buffalo chicken tender with blue cheese sub is legit.

Thanks

We currently have 3 Publix here in Knoxville, and I love them. It use to be my go to grocery store, but they built a Kroger Marketplace (a super Kroger) about 3 miles from house last year which has taken it's place. I don't know, but it does give Publix a run for it's money with it's faux restaurants (they have like 3 different ones inside Kroger) and deli.

Just curious do they have some form of Super Publix in Florida or are they all the same? The only issue I have with Publix is it's selection is not as good as my Kroger. Also Publix doesn't stock local brands. Kroger stocks several local brands that I love. Still Publix BOGO is the bomb, their cakes, sandwiches are better. If they built one close to me I probably would go back to Publix, but Kroger is pretty good too.

manfestival

I went there the other day and got 2 pc fried chicken with 2 sides for 4.69... I was blown away by how cheap that is. It really just is better than everything out there at fair pricing.

Also publix just has better chicken wings and tenders than the rest. Those portions are so freaking big!

bucyou

publix is the business, had a buffalo chicken tender sub for dinner last night, along with some unsweet tea. Picked up som buffalo chicken dip for sunday as well

I was a deli clerk for a few years, as well as a warehouse employee with various positions. One of the most important things one of my store managers told me was how Publix did not sell groceries. If customers want groceries they go to Walmart, Save-A-Lot, Aldi, etc. Publix sells customer service; that is the only reason customers walk through the door, and pay the higher prices that Publix charges.

hivsteak

This thread is enlightening. I was in Wellington, Florida for 2 weeks over the summer. There is a Publix every block around there I had no idea they make good subs. I was using Publix wrong by buying groceries there

Last edited:

Christopher

This thread is enlightening. I was in Wellington, Florida for 2 weeks over the summer. There is a Publix every block around there I had no idea they make good subs. I was using Publix wrong by buying groceries there

Chicken tender sub is legit delicious

Top Bottom