• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break |OT| We'll Be Right Back After This Commercial Break

I would wait for people to start taking a Forbes Contributor as final say on the PC version. It's being handled by Remedy themselves mind you.

Won't get a chance to play it until Wednesday due to work reasons. This is going to be torture :(

Great job on the OT though op, but I just don't think I can enter this thread for a few days lol.

ViciousDS

Banned
I would wait for people to start taking a Forbes Contributor as final say on the PC version. It's being handled by Remedy themselves mind you.

I always love these "contributors" lol..... And then it's not even first hand.....

I literally could just post something about a game, performance and "word is" and it would take off like wild fire

etta

my hard graphic balls
Won't get a chance to play it until Wednesday due to work reasons. This is going to be torture :(

Great job on the OT though op, but I just don't think I can enter this thread for a few days lol.
You're not alone, I can't play until Friday :'(
Hold on brother, we must be strong now!

LostDonkey

i guess we won't really know until we see the GAF Performance thread, and other tech places doing a review. I really want to play the game, so i have my hopes up for a good port.

Who knows tho... they really have not shown the PC build, as far as i am aware. Someone can prove me wrong tho.

The PC version has been suspiciously off the radar, I must admit.

Awaiting more news tentatively.

How do you buy this on PC?

I have windows 10 and when I run "Store" (Trusted Windows Store App) and search for quantum break it only shows hits for music.

Is there a different store app I have to use on Windows 10? I have never bought anything from any windows store so its new to me.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Yes.

BvdHhKs.jpg

brau

The PC version has been suspiciously off the radar, I must admit.

Awaiting more news tentatively.

They had it at a MS event. I did not really see anyone talking about it but they did have it playable.

Yea... i guess the lack of exposure to it makes it hard to gauge. So at least that is good to know.

I'll wait to see what shape the build releases at and then make a call to purchase it then. I don't think i can even preorder it even if i wanted to anyways haha.

LostDonkey

Yea... i guess the lack of exposure to it makes it hard to gauge. So at least that is good to know.

I'll wait to see what shape the build releases at and then make a call to purchase it then. I don't think i can even preorder it even if i wanted to anyways haha.

I've been waiting to play this game for so long, I will be really down if it runs like shit on my rig.

I have a semi decent machine, at least I think I do lol.

I've noticed there hasn't been a game ready driver either from Nvidia. Unless I missed it.

brau

I've been waiting to play this game for so long, I will be really down if it runs like shit on my rig.

I've noticed there hasn't been a game ready driver either from Nvidia. Unless I missed it.

Thats not rare... sometimes they deploy the drivers late. Or you can go and look it up.

Does it even have nvidia works features and optimizations? i really have no idea what shape this games pc build will be at. I was just happy it was coming out at the same time as console. I have a really good rig. i'll be pretty upset if i can't get good performance out of it.

tuna_love

Banned

the last nvidia driver was for quantum break

364.72 - Dark Souls 3, and Quantum Break, and one other game that I can't recall.

brau

the last nvidia driver was for quantum break

364.72 - Dark Souls 3, and Quantum Break, and one other game that I can't recall.

these guys know.

q5xEXQv.png

LostDonkey

Thats not rare... sometimes they deploy the drivers late. Or you can go and look it up.

Does it even have nvidia works features and optimizations? i really have no idea what shape this games pc build will be at. I was just happy it was coming out at the same time as console. I have a really good rig. i'll be pretty upset if i can't get good performance out of it.

not 100% sure, there is a tiny article about it from Nvidia:

http://www.geforce.co.uk/whats-new/articles/quantum-break-coming-to-pc-april-5

Which also has this little snippet, which now has me worried that the Win10 keys are going to be tied to the Xbox account:

"Furthermore, any progress make in the game is automatically shared between your PC and Xbox One, enabling you to continue the story from where you left off on either platform."

I really hope that's not the case as I was relying on the code as a gift from someone who bought the XB1 version...

edit: Ah, thanks for the heads up on the Driver guys.

RavenHawk

I was wondering when this would get posted...its about time!
I'll show myself out.

Great job, The Flash.
Only two more hours to go...can't wait!

Dabanton

I always love these "contributors" lol..... And then it's not even first hand.....

I literally could just post something about a game, performance and "word is" and it would take off like wild fire

One of the worst things about the twitter age is this post first, backtrack later, I now see his clarifying.

@alexbdavies Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I don't have first-hand knowledge yet.

brau

not 100% sure, there is a tiny article about it from Nvidia:

http://www.geforce.co.uk/whats-new/articles/quantum-break-coming-to-pc-april-5

Which also has this little snippet, which now has me worried that the Win10 keys are going to be tied to the Xbox account:

"Furthermore, any progress make in the game is automatically shared between your PC and Xbox One, enabling you to continue the story from where you left off on either platform."

I really hope that's not the case as I was relying on the code as a gift from someone who bought the XB1 version...

edit: Ah, thanks for the heads up on the Driver guys.

I guess i would inquire more about this. Sounds like its tied to your MS/Xbox Live account.

CHC

I can't imagine that the "free PC version" is a loose code. I'm sure it functions like cross buy, where its tied to your account and playable on only your account.

FrsDvl

been playing it for a couple of hours, in Act 3 now, can't say i've been enjoying the tv show, or atleast not the 2 episodes i've seen so far, it's pretty bad.

The game itself is phenomenal though.

MUnited83

For you.
I can't imagine that the "free PC version" is a loose code. I'm sure it functions like cross buy, where its tied to your account and playable on only your account.

Well, it is delivered as a loose code, so there's that. Wether it can only be redeemed by you or it can redeemed by others is yet to be seen. but it's a code.

I mean, it would only make sense that it would work. What would be the point even of sending you a separate code? Surely if they wanted to make it tied to your account it wouldn't be a code at all, it would just be automatically granted through cross buy.

LostDonkey

Well, it is delivered as a loose code, so there's that. Wether it can only be redeemed by you or it can redeemed by others is yet to be seen. but it's a code.

I think you have to input it on the Xbox and it will activate it for the Win10 account. So if it isn't just a redeem link in a message, and an actual code, I can get it off him and put it in on my xbox in theory I'm thinking.

There's hope yet.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I thought I had read that they were worried they'd ever be able to make it due to sales
That was initially, but since then Alan Wake has become a pretty important IP over the years. It's in the 2013 announcement video by Sam Lake, they said it sold over 3 million units at that time.

CHC

I mean, it would only make sense that it would work. What would be the point even of sending you a separate code? Surely if they wanted to make it tied to your account it wouldn't be a code at all, it would just be automatically granted through cross buy.

Oh wow that's major, I hadn't heard that. Good news, from my perspective.

Looks like this guy is streaming the PC version - https://www.twitch.tv/bikeman

Not even joking that guy might be the worst video game player I've ever seen. Either the game controls terribly or he is drunk or something, because he just spent about 3 whole minutes climbing a single box and leaping a 3 foot gap...

The game looks OUTSTANDING, however.

LostDonkey

Looks like this guy is streaming the PC version - https://www.twitch.tv/bikeman

his Specs for anyone interested:

Case: NZXT Phantom 820 – Matte Black

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus V Formula Z77 Extended ATX Motherboard

GPU: Nvidia Titan X

PSU: NZXT Hale90 V2 1200W ATX Fully Modular

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770k Overclocked to 4.8ghz

Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 Closed-Loop Liquid

RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident X Series DDR3 2400

hlhbk

his Specs for anyone interested:

Case: NZXT Phantom 820 – Matte Black

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus V Formula Z77 Extended ATX Motherboard

GPU: Nvidia Titan X

PSU: NZXT Hale90 V2 1200W ATX Fully Modular

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770k Overclocked to 4.8ghz

Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 Closed-Loop Liquid

RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident X Series DDR3 2400

At work, what kind of performance is he getting?

Just saw a tv spot for this game for the first time. Was pretty cool. Surprised MS isn't pushing this harder. Though maybe it's just a coincidence that I haven't seen more advertising. Anyway, I hope QB sells well enough. Remedy are cool devs.

Also, great OT!

LostDonkey

At work, what kind of performance is he getting?

There's no on screen metrics to give us a clue about fps etc, but it seems to be running fine. it looks really nice too.

there is some stuttering, but I can't be sure if that's on my end or his so...

Top Bottom