• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break |OT| We'll Be Right Back After This Commercial Break

styl3s

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

So that's the Forbes contributors source..... We still only have one guy reporting performance..... Fantastic,

Does this work?
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sto...1b23fc5100a82dfc1d13619b)(259740)(2804580)()()
Says it's not available and it also won't let me buy Tomb Raider or Gears it says go to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?Linkld=747847 but that takes me literally to their front page wtf.

My windows 10 is up to date i am getting furious. -EDIT fully updated windows to make sure and Rise of Tomb, KI and Gears are all greyed out telling me to go fucking update even though i am fully fucking updated i guess i will never get to play the game >.<

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
tgpi646.png

veEIypN.png

:/

Source: https://twitter.com/LotRLore

Jesus. This is shitty.

PC copy of the game, nice PC, nice 65" 4K, and I'll be stuck playing the XBO version in 720p.

Patch this shit Remedy please.

Did you try the "games and apps" trick where you go to the game that is pre-loaded and press "start/menu"?

When you do that go to "manage game", then see if the DLC Videos is under there where you can install it.

Yep, I tried but it doesn't show anything at the moment.
I thought the guy from remedy posted that part of the day one patch was the ability to add the option for users to download the episodes from within the game?

It's just a button that opens the Xbox Store.

For those saying it's my Internet connection, I downloaded the day one patch without problems and it took less than 30 minutes.

ViciousDS

Banned
So it looks better on Low on PC than it does on Xbox One? Cause that's what that guys saying... lol.. And he really doesn't know that to exit any UWA you simply move the mouse to the top of the screen and the title bar will appear and you can press the red x in the corner?

Yea.. judging from the PC stream I'm watching right now.. I'd say this guys PC is just messed up and he has no idea what he's doing.

Apparently he has no idea what Windows 10 is lol.

Was going to say it's considered an app so upper left corner off the screen brings up the side bar doesn't it?

DukeBobby

So, we've got one guy on Twitch who says it runs fine, and we've got one guy on Twitter who says it runs like shit.

I can't believe we only have two sets of impressions to go on this close to release.

robotrock

Banned
So, we've got one guy on Twitch who says it runs fine, and we've got one guy on Twitter who says it runs like shit.

I can't believe we only have two sets of impressions to go on this close to release.

The Twitch guy has a 980ti, and the Twitter guy has a 980. Surely the ti doesn't make the difference

Twitch guy's stream looks really good, even if he's on a good system. A 980 on low settings holding an unsteady 30 sounds hard to believe, if 1080p.

ViciousDS

Banned
The Twitch guy has a 980ti, and the Twitter guy has a 980. Surely the ti doesn't make the difference

The Twitter guy doesn't know how to use Windows 10.....I would take the guy actually streaming over the guy who thinks you have to alt+tab to close the app lol

Omg someone made a thread due to the Twitter guys incompetency lol

Edit 2: Love how no one reads the responses.....whatever, hopefully a mod fixes that title.

MattyG

Banned
Ughhhhhh... I thought I started the download remotely around 8, get to my dorm and NOPE. It didn't start. So we're currently at 3% and creeping up slowly. Fucking college WiFi.

BraXzy

Sorry if this has been asked before but have people received their PC codes yet via XBL store? Still waiting on mine :(

Hyped to play this!

No, but that doesn't mean one or the other is wrong/right.

They could both be right. X-Com 2 a while back had the same issue. I could barely run it properly on my 980ti while some others ran it fine at 60FPS.

Could just be a shitty port. Hard to tell.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Sorry if this has been asked before but have people received their PC codes yet via XBL store? Still waiting on mine :(

Hyped to play this!

The store page says they will be sent out during the week of April 5th, you might have to wait five more days for the code.

Gwyn

Played act1 and watched first episode (PR path) so far really good! (xb1). Streamed the episode and my connection is not that good (7 Mbps) the quality was really good.
Play time 2h 15 min for act1+1 episode.

Fourth post in three and a half years. Kind of amazing.

lmao

Forgot the clocks went forward last week so it won't unlock for another hour, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Oh well, time for bed. With any luck I'll have the Alan Wake and PC codes when I wake up.

Everyone else have fun!

At some point this week.

So to be clear, it probably runs terribly and you can't necessarily get a code on launch day.

GG Microsoft, great launch. Definitely looking forward to not playing Quantum Break for six months.

Edit: Can anyone explain how you even purchase a PC code at the moment?

shandy706

I hope it plays well for you PC folks. Windows Store games are still quite the gamble.

I've yet to have any trouble with any of them.

I've been playing Killer Instinct at 4k even...well over 60fps.

The only problem I've run into was no way to record with Fraps, but was pointed to how to record gameplay.

The Flash

Banned
I've yet to have any trouble with any of them.

I've been playing Killer Instinct at 4k even...well over 60fps.

The only problem I've run into was no way to record with Fraps, but was pointed to how to record gameplay.

What about Tomb Raider and Gears? IIRC those were a little rough.

You are right about KI though. Very solid port.

Zyae

So to be clear, it probably runs terribly and you can't necessarily get a code on launch day.

GG Microsoft, great launch. Definitely looking forward to not playing Quantum Break for six months.

fAMb.png

styl3s

I'm still trying to figure out how even buy fucking games on the windows store period. I just get greyed out boxes telling me to update windows but my windows update says i am updated and and when i follow the link it tries to make me download windows 10 even though i am on a fully licensed windows 10. I feel like ripping my hair out yelling as loud as i possibly can right now.

Played through Act 1 and watched the first episode. The game so far is pretty good, but definitely not great in my opinion. Graphics look amazing, sound design is great, but gameplay is kinda lacking. The punch of the guns feel good, and the time powers are cool to mess with, but something feels a bit off. It's just not too much fun to play, which is weird because I've loved everything Remedy has done up to this point in the gameplay department. I only have 3 powers unlocked at the moment though, so I am sure as I get more familiar and unlock more things my opinion will change. One thing I don't see changing though is my opinion of the show aspect. They aren't done well, they're acted awkwardly, and the way they break up the game makes the pacing and flow feel very off. I know you can skip them, but you miss a bunch of context if you do. Overall I would say that if anyone enjoys Remedy games they should jump in, but expect some rough spots.

golem

I'm still trying to figure out how even buy fucking games on the windows store period. I just get greyed out boxes telling me to update windows but my windows update says i am updated and and when i follow the link it tries to make me download windows 10 even though i am on a fully licensed windows 10. I feel like ripping my hair out yelling as loud as i possibly can right now.

I dont think QB is available for purchase on the store yet. KI doesnt let you install it either?

styl3s

I dont think QB is available for purchase on the store yet. KI doesnt let you install it either?
KI, Tomb Raider and Gears all greyed out giving me a link to download Windows 10.

Pretty sure i have windows 10 considering i upgraded the day it came out, have a real license key linked and windows update says i am fully updated. I have tried every method i could find on google and nothing will un-grey these damn boxes. I am logged into my xbox/microsoft account, my PC is even logged in and verified online to make sure i can't for the life of me understand why it wants me to download something i have installed?

ViciousDS

Banned
That guy saying performance sucks with his 980

Is using an AMD 8320 8 core according to his YouTube video with shadowplay running

Benchmarks for that CPU are not that great.....and they rank under my 3770k by a huge margin and that CPU is 3-4 years old now.

golem

KI, Tomb Raider and Gears all greyed out giving me a link to download Windows 10.

Pretty sure i have windows 10 considering i upgraded the day it came out, have a real license key linked and windows update says i am fully updated. I have tried every method i could find on google and nothing will un-grey these damn boxes.

Youre probably stuck on an older version of Win 10 and will need to use the media creation tool method to force an upgrade.

http://www.stickytrigger.com/games/cant-download-killer-instinct-on-windows-10-try-this/

Corpekata

Banned
That guy saying performance sucks with his 980

Is using an AMD 8320 8 core according to his YouTube video with shadowplay running

Benchmarks for that CPU are not that great.....and they rank under my 3770k by a huge margin and that CPU is 3-4 years old now.

Man who buys a 980ti but sticks with frigging AMD CPUs in this day and age?

Top Bottom