• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break |OT| We'll Be Right Back After This Commercial Break

Ashtar

Nice OT. Good job :D.

Lead game designer here and will answer any questions I can (when I get some free time).

Edit: questions pertaining to gameplay etc.
Oh wow great!
I loved dead on arrival difficulty on Max Payne 1 any mode similar to that on this?

Can't wait to get off work tomorrow to play this! I'm so hyped

ViciousDS

Banned
his Specs for anyone interested:

Case: NZXT Phantom 820 – Matte Black

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus V Formula Z77 Extended ATX Motherboard

GPU: Nvidia Titan X

PSU: NZXT Hale90 V2 1200W ATX Fully Modular

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770k Overclocked to 4.8ghz

Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 Closed-Loop Liquid

RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Trident X Series DDR3 2400

A Titan X....... That rig is expensive lol

hlhbk

fAMb.png

And with that I think I'll go to sleep now. Chances are it won't be out in the next 20 hours anyway so I'll grab it tomorrow.

So when do we receive our PC codes Microsoft?

Spoo

Pre-ordered on Xbox for the PC deal. Are they just going to e-mail codes, or send them through Xbox? (new xbox owner here)

Worst idea ever to release the live action only when the game launches.

I'm lost because I can't watch the cutcenes and I want to keep playing. (streaming is not working here in Brazil)

Not to mention the 5 hour install.

GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER MICROSOFT

hlhbk

Worst idea ever to release the live action only when the game launches.

I'm lost because I can't watch the cutcenes and I want to keep playing. (streaming is not working here in Brazil)

Not to mention the 5 hour install.

GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER MICROSOFT

Can't you download the video files?

ViciousDS

Banned
Yeah. I know. I downloaded them over the weekend? So?

So, he bought a new game and can't play it now for probably a couple days due to streaming servers getting slammed.....that sounds great.

Also digital only afaik gets the option to even download the video files as it's part of a bundle

LostDonkey

So, he bought a new game and can't play it now for probably a couple days due to streaming servers getting slammed.....that sounds great.

Also digital only afaik gets the option to even download the video files as it's part of a bundle

Wait, you can't play the game if you don't download the episodes or he is just choosing not to? Can't you just watch them on youtube or something.

ViciousDS

Banned
Wait, you can't play the game if you don't download the episodes or he is just choosing not to? Can't you just watch them on youtube or something.

Sounds like the streams aren't working for the gaffer in Brazil so it's either wait for then to fix the video streaming service for the game (think Netflix) or download 73GB of video data

Just like I said. You can play, but I'm lost, it's just useless to lose 20 minutes of story and keep playing

And the videos files aren't available for those who bought the disc version. At least for now

ViciousDS

Banned
Just like I said. You can play, but I'm lost, it's just useless to lose 20 minutes of story and keep playing

And the videos files aren't available for those who bought the disc version. At least for now

What does it do then when it goes to play an episode where it's supposed to stream?

ducksauce

So if I buy this from the Windows Store can I just add it to Steam as a Non-Steam game? Are there any issue with launching Windows Store games in Steam Big Picture Mode?

I've finished act 1 and playing through act 2 now and I love it. First episode was better than I expected. Gameplay and story so far are great.

ViciousDS

Banned
Oh no GAF.....I think I bugged my game trying to bypass the launch date lol.

So I had it preloaded, changed system to all NZ. Tried launching and got an error. Deleted and redownloaded. Tried to launch from NZ store.....all it would do it load the store and say buy. Fine.

Delete and switch back to us and clean install. I wanted to make sure it gave the me it's too early error. Now when it says ready to start it just opens to the store page with install.......welp hope this gets fixed when it officially launched and unlocks it lol

What does it do then when it goes to play an episode where it's supposed to stream?

There are 4 options in the screen

1) keep playing (but it doesn't start)
2) check you Internet settings
3) download the video files (it pulls you out of the game and shows the Store. But you can't download the files, it only shows the option to Play the game or bundle only available. Endless loop)
4) skip cutcenes and keep playing

ViciousDS

Banned

3) download the video files (it pulls you out of the game and shows the Store. But you can't download the files, it only shows the option to Play the game or bundle only available. Endless loop)

Have you tried check your internet settings?

Hawk269

I thought the guy from remedy posted that part of the day one patch was the ability to add the option for users to download the episodes from within the game?

shandy706

Did you try the "games and apps" trick where you go to the game that is pre-loaded and press "start/menu"?

When you do that go to "manage game", then see if the DLC Videos is under there where you can install it.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Oh no GAF.....I think I bugged my game trying to bypass the launch date lol.

So I had it preloaded, changed system to all NZ. Tried launching and got an error. Deleted and redownloaded. Tried to launch from NZ store.....all it would do it load the store and say buy. Fine.

Delete and switch back to us and clean install. I wanted to make sure it gave the me it's too early error. Now when it says ready to start it just opens to the store page with install.......welp hope this gets fixed when it officially launched and unlocks it lol

That exploit where you changed region to unlock early has been fixed since two years. It unlocks when it officialy unlocks in the country you bought it.

robotrock

Banned
What the hell honestly damn. Bummed about this PC port business, Remedy is usually brilliant on that front.

Xbox it is.

So it looks better on Low on PC than it does on Xbox One? Cause that's what that guys saying... lol.. And he really doesn't know that to exit any UWA you simply move the mouse to the top of the screen and the title bar will appear and you can press the red x in the corner?

Yea.. judging from the PC stream I'm watching right now.. I'd say this guys PC is just messed up and he has no idea what he's doing.

MrBlonde

I was going to wait for a sale since this is a single player game, no co op or MP and I rarely replay single player games but I changed my mind last minute and pre ordered digital :) looks really good and didn't want to wait.

Plus other then Doom there doesn't seem to be a hell of a lot of stuff coming these next few months that I want so why not. I have to many games that need to be played and not enough time.

Top Bottom