• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break |OT| We'll Be Right Back After This Commercial Break

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Don't know if it's been asked or in the OP, which I did read, but do I need to DL the 75 GB of the TV show version when I start installing the game?

I'm at around 80% full on a 500 GB. Still have to uninstall MGSV, Witcher 3 and a few other games I don't play as of now but I'd rather just stream the episodes till I get my Xbox 1.5 with 3 TB sometime this fall.

Chobel

That guy saying performance sucks with his 980

Is using an AMD 8320 8 core according to his YouTube video with shadowplay running

Benchmarks for that CPU are not that great.....and they rank under my 3770k by a huge margin and that CPU is 3-4 years old now.

Fucking LOL! I mean it sucks for AMD users, but crisis averted for most of us.

ViciousDS

Banned
Man who buys a 980ti but sticks with frigging AMD CPUs in this day and age?

Yes.....as soon as I saw that, I was done believing his crap. The i5-2500k probably gets better game performance than his AMD chip and it only ranks minorly under his in benchmarks. Real world performance is probably light years ahead of his.

If you have an AMD CPU you will probably have problems but I don't see this game having issues with any recent i5+

Ok guys, the real time series is now available for download if you bought the disc version in the Brazilian Xbox Store.

Now I have to wait.... 74Gb Gezzzzz

By the way, the pacing of this game is addicting. Played through the act 1 and 2 and I just couldn't stop. Image quality is a mess (it's just really bad, lots of artifacts, motion is terrible, everything creates a ghost) but the overall graphics are good.

Don't know who thought this was a good idea (the choice of using old images and creating ghosts movement everywhere). Stick to the old fashion 720p with anti aliasing.

Sound is ok-ish.... Halo was a lot better in my opinion at 5.1.

And I've missed you Remedy, I missed you a lot. Love how remedy tell us a story.

Hawk269

My plan is to play through on the Xbox One then do a second play through on my PC choosing different things to see how the shows vary based on my decisions. Hopefully since I tend to take my time playing they can fix any issues of the PC version.

Going to try to run the PC version at 4k. Hope I can pull it off.

ViciousDS

Banned
I got linked to another tweet on a guy not being able to run the game at normal settings with his 980 as well........until I investigated and it's a 980M.....not a 980

A 980m is actually 970>980m>780

These guys trying to push ultra like this on a mobile card....I just.....mobile cards don't get the same card optimization or support that the desktop GPUs do. If you read the updates notes on new drivers nvidia doesn't seem to ever mess with mobile drivers it's only changes to the desktop GPU

golem

I got linked to another tweet on a guy not being able to run the game at normal settings with his 980 as well........until I investigated and it's a 980M.....not a 980

A 980 is actually 970>980m>780

These guys trying to push ultra like this on a mobile card....I just.....mobile cards don't get the same card optimization or support that the desktop GPUs do. If you read the updates notes on new drivers nvidia doesn't seem to ever mess with mobile drivers it's only changes to the desktop GPU

Honestly this is pretty much the state of PC gaming right now. I see it quite often in performance threads.. people with 970s trying to ultra everything. Man's gotta know his limitations.

ViciousDS

Banned
Honestly this is pretty much the state of PC gaming right now. I see it quite often in performance threads.. people with 970s trying to ultra everything. Man's gotta know his limitations.

It's even worse when they try to do it with mobile cards. Mobile cards don't get driver support like desktop cards do. If you read the notes for cards they bump performance for all desktop cards but I have never seen nvidia help out my mobile card in performance optimization after I got my laptop. Those drivers are dependant on the laptop makers themselves.

Here I was thinking this still had another week or two ahead.

I'll have to hold out unfortunately, but can't wait to hear impressions on here.

Chobel

A 980 is actually 970>980m>780

They're not pushing ultra though, the first guy is using low, the second (in the quote) is using medium (=normal?).

It's even worse when they try to do it with mobile cards. Mobile cards don't get driver support like desktop cards do. If you read the notes for cards they bump performance for all desktop cards but I have never seen nvidia help out my mobile card in performance optimization after I got my laptop. Those drivers are dependant on the laptop makers themselves.

Wat? The latest driver also affects mobile GPU.

golem

They're not pushing ultra though, the first guy is using low, the second (in the quote) is using medium (=normal?).
Unfortunately lowering graphics settings isnt going to help if the game is CPU or compute shader limited.

shandy706

Less than a minute (hopefully) guys!

Heck of a Championship game in College BB...lol...now some QB time. I need to go to bed.

Zedox

JDUjonO.gif

Grisby

Only comes every decade.
Too long.

I remember seeing the first max payne on a buddies PC. I played the Matrix elevator mod scene.

Decided to ask for the game for the xbox and fell in love (outside of the nightmare scenes, urgh). Was there day 1 for Max Payne 2 and fell in love all over again.

Was quite a long time later when they debuted Alan Wake and it was something else. The light and Steven king like universe just took me for an unforgettable ride. Firing a flare fun was one of the coolest things in a game I had done that year.

So excited for Quantum Break.

Well it's not available in the Mexican store yet it's 11 PM here so it looks like I'm going to wait another hour :( enjoy the game guys

In the very beginning, when you get out of the taxi, if you turn around and go behind, you'll find Martin Hatch standing there. Nice little touch.

Alan Wake reference
first thing
Stonecrow
Old Gods of Asgard Tribute

Barely in first area and I already love walking around and seeing everything in environment. Love the radio shows thing like AW.

AND THE FIRST TV YESSSSSSSS

GHG

Gold Member
Just put him on your ignore list where he belongs.

I'm completely against the concept of an ignore list as I believe it goes against the whole point of being on a public forum like this one where you come to take in the opinions/views of as many people as possible but this guy is pushing it with his megalomaniacal displays of self-gif posting.

Top Bottom