• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quarantine Mafia |OT| The Contagion is spreading.

Burbeting

Banned
Since the topic was broached again my stance on voting if I am elected as Director will be to continue to view my vote as 1. What that means is I will only vote if my vote being tripled will not unfairly skew the results. I generally won't be able to vote until close to day end so as to not tip the scales so to speak, and in some cases I will have to "vote" without using the highlight tags in order to not push my selection over someone that has true majority.

If you were infected, this would mean that you could suddenly turn the tide in case of a tight vote between town and scum, if you let your vote until the end of the day.

Lakeshore PharmaTech Directorial Pageant:

Natiko (7)
Faddy #482
Swamped #504
Kawl_USC #564
Fat4all #700
Karkador #723
Sawneeks #734
franconp #735

Sawneeks (5)
acohrs #473
CCS #475
TheExodu5 #515
Kalor #773
Lone_Prodigy #775

CCS (2)
acohrs #431 #473
Ourobolus #583
11037 #634 #638
11037 #638

Swamped (1)
Burbeting #793

Burbeting (1)
Natiko #763

acohrs (0): CCS #105 #475, acohrs #128 #431

Karkador (0): Ourobolus #255 #317

Ourobolus (0): Swamped #440 #504

No active vote for Day 1: exmachina64, melonrabbit, Verelios, Zippedpinhead

Day 1 ends:
tur_1485381600.png

Automated vote tally here

Natiko

Banned
If you were infected, this would mean that you could suddenly turn the tide in case of a tight vote between town and scum, if you let your vote until the end of the day.
To do that would be to break my own rules. If I'm turning the tide that means I'm not using my vote as if it is a single vote. If that occurs lynch me immediately, but I know that this situation will not occur.

Burbeting

Banned
To do that would be to break my own rules. If I'm turning the tide that means I'm not using my vote as if it is a single vote. If that occurs lynch me immediately, but I know that this situation will not occur.

It's not a big help if this happens in LYLO or MYLO, though.

Sawneeks

Banned
There is majority this day?

Looks like it.

Honestly I'd be fine with turboing at this point. I do want\ to wait for Kark to come back and reveal his whole ~~master plan~~ before doing so but I don't know where else we can get without a lynch at our disposal.

Natiko

Banned
It's not a big help if this happens in LYLO or MYLO, though.
I don't expect to live long enough to see LYLO or MYLO. Anyone that becomes Director should expect to die. I just believe we will be best served with me in this role until my demise.

Burbeting

Banned
I don't expect to live long enough to see LYLO or MYLO. Anyone that becomes Director should expect to die. I just believe we will be best served with me in this role until my demise.

So you are going to treat yourself as a sacrificial lamb, in a sense?

Sawneeks

Banned

You realize that if Scum have their choice in who they Infect or Kill it's likely they will just leave you alive and as Town until later, right? Director is the perfect late-game mislynch material and I learned from Pokemon Mafia that it's super easy to push mislynches as Scum based on mechanics/roles.

Natiko

Banned
So you are going to treat yourself as a sacrificial lamb, in a sense?

You realize that if Scum have their choice in who they Infect or Kill it's likely they will just leave you alive and as Town until later, right? Director is the perfect late-game mislynch material and I learned from Pokemon Mafia that it's super easy to push mislynches as Scum based on mechanics/roles.
I plan to do everything I can to help us while I'm alive. I'm not sacrificing myself in that I'm just giving up, but I'm being realistic in that it's likely I won't be one of the last players standing. I can promise you that I have thought of these concerns and with all of that in mind I truly believe I am the best choice.

Karkador

Banned
TheExodu5 and melonrabbit are the only ones who haven't responded since I pivoted.

Within those of you who have responded, the type of response has varied.

Burbeting

Banned
I plan to do everything I can to help us while I'm alive. I'm not sacrificing myself in that I'm just giving up, but I'm being realistic in that it's likely I won't be one of the last players standing. I can promise you that I have thought of these concerns and with all of that in mind I truly believe I am the best choice.

This post worries me. It's nothing specific, but the tone of it feels odd.

Natiko

Banned
This post worries me. It's nothing specific, but the tone of it feels odd.
Well I'm not sure why. I have laid out what I think is most important to consider when selecting Director. I believe based on this criteria I am our best choice. If we go in another direction that's fine. My motive is based purely on my belief that I will be our best choice, I don't gain anything from it besides a target on my back and helping to minimize risk for us.

Karkador

Banned
First and foremost:

I roleclaimed Infected and made a bunch of stuff up. I'm actually just an Ordinary Town (and yes, I do know the role name). I feel I'm expendable enough to just experiment, and so I did.

The primary intention of claiming Infected was to gauge player reactions, particularly from an actual Infected (or otherwise scum). Not just because Infected would know I'm bullshitting, but because they might try to capitalize on getting Town to accept that I was actually the scum player.

With that said, I think some players took the bait, and I think it's worth thinking about why somebody, even as an impulse, they would bite. They jumped the gun, and I think some of you see that already.

There are other ways I used the claims I made, and I'll explain those in further posts.

Ourobolus

Banned
First and foremost:

I roleclaimed Infected and made a bunch of stuff up. I'm actually just an Ordinary Town (and yes, I do know the role name). I feel I'm expendable enough to just experiment, and so I did.

The primary intention of claiming Infected was to gauge player reactions, particularly from an actual Infected (or otherwise scum). Not just because Infected would know I'm bullshitting, but because they might try to capitalize on getting Town to accept that I was actually the scum player.

With that said, I think some players took the bait, and I think it's worth thinking about why somebody, even as an impulse, they would bite. They jumped the gun, and I think some of you see that already.

There are other ways I used the claims I made, and I'll explain those in further posts.
zzzzzzz

Verelios

First and foremost:

HAHAHAHA

Hahaha...

Ha...

Oh, you're serious?

acohrs

First and foremost:

mXyupD1.gif

Sawneeks

Banned
Someone wake me up when Kark posts his actual findings and whatnot.

I want to do a re-read but I want to wait until after he posts it.

Where are TheExodus5 and melonrabbit?

You need me or something?

First and foremost:

Honestly, expect better gambits from you, Kark.

My thoughts: Kark's gambit backfired, I don't care whether he's infected or town -- the trust is gone.

I'm reticent to trust CCS because his claim is also too convenient. He might be the scum or maybe his claim is real.

I'm feeling meh about Natiko's likely victory as director, can't tell whether he's apathetic and resigned to being killed or whether there's something more there.

First and foremost:

Who are you and what have you done with Kark? This is Kark knock-off tier.

You need me or something?

We always need your delightful presence.

You're fun to play with Kark, I will give you that.

xvM3x.gif

Good gif.

Natiko

Banned
Everyone's acting like I've given up because I don't expect to make it to the final day or two. By odds most of us won't reach that point. When you combine that with having a target on my back if I'm Director it's not an unreasonable assumption.

Everyone's acting like I've given up because I don't expect to make it to the final day or two. By odds most of us won't reach that point. When you combine that with having a target on my back if I'm Director it's not an unreasonable assumption.

In your own words, why do you want to be director?

Karkador

Banned
I'm amused by the posts that the gambit "backfired".

Anyway, I'll be back later with the other posts, since none of you seem that interested in playing mafia right now.

Verelios

Anyway, I'll be back later with the other posts, since none of you seem that interested in playing mafia right now.
Oh Kark, is this a play for irony? Tsk, tsk, tsk, it's not a shame to admit failure

Natiko

Banned
In your own words, why do you want to be director?

I'm seeing lots of flimsy pushes for director currently, but I would like to add my name to the list. There's two things to note in who we elect. First off, the elected person needs to be town (obviously) which if the theory about the Aroxometer is true we have a very good chance of doing. The second thing is we need to elect someone that won't just be picked off by scum N1. If we fail either of these situations then we will have effectively given scum a two person boost in voting power. Due to this I think voting for me would be a wise choice.

I'm pretty sure multiple people have mentioned waiting for your follow up posts but alright then.

Top Bottom