• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quarantine Mafia |OT| The Contagion is spreading.

Banned
Kark you want us to vote for an infected member for dictator? What if you do't get cured or whatever? What do you do then?

Natiko

Banned
Alright, look, I'm the Infected, and I'm roleclaiming today in a bid to be cured and return to Town, but I need the Director power for this plan to work.

Why am I roleclaiming as the lone Infected? Because I realized this:

I'm going to infect a random person. I have no control over who I'm adding to my team (I think this is done so that I'm not just building some mafia supergroup of the best, scummiest Gafia players). This is how the game works, and it's why we're voting for a Director right now - it means they dont' just auto-join the mafia team.

But I think I see a way out for me, and a benefit for Town.

How?

- Tonight, I'll add a random player to Infected. Notice that in the "feral" state, I actually don't get to communicate with them, so I don't actually learn who they are for a night. They will kill someone (this is when the NK happens), and likely target me. This is how I noticed my "out'.

- As Director, I have a higher chance of being protected or cured or something, aka converted to non-Infected/Town, which I'm pretty confident is a thing in this game.

- So I get cured, switched to Town, and then Town doesn't have to worry about the Director falling into mafia for the rest of the game.

Look, it's crazy, maybe a bit exploit-y, cheesing the game a little, but this is the best solution I see to this problem right now. Otherwise, lol, I'm dead - but Infected will live on.

Seems like a bad play considering we have no idea if there is someone that can cure. If there is, based on what you just said I would guess they cannot cure someone fully converted. If that were the case they would just come back to town and tell us who all the scum players are. I'm not sure if you just goofed really bad and doomed yourself or if this is some high level gambit. Either way there's no chance I'm voting for you since your plan doesn't actually seem to hinge on you gaining the director role. It in fact seems completely unnecessary to it.

franconp

Alright, look, I'm the Infected, and I'm roleclaiming today in a bid to be cured and return to Town, but I need the Director power for this plan to work.

Why am I roleclaiming as the lone Infected? Because I realized this:

I'm going to infect a random person. I have no control over who I'm adding to my team (I think this is done so that I'm not just building some mafia supergroup of the best, scummiest Gafia players). This is how the game works, and it's why we're voting for a Director right now - it means they dont' just auto-join the mafia team.

But I think I see a way out for me, and a benefit for Town.

How?

- Tonight, I'll add a random player to Infected. Notice that in the "feral" state, I actually don't get to communicate with them, so I don't actually learn who they are for a night. They will kill someone (this is when the NK happens), and likely target me. This is how I noticed my "out'.

- As Director, I have a higher chance of being protected or cured or something, aka converted to non-Infected/Town, which I'm pretty confident is a thing in this game.

- So I get cured, switched to Town, and then Town doesn't have to worry about the Director falling into mafia for the rest of the game.

Look, it's crazy, maybe a bit exploit-y, cheesing the game a little, but this is the best solution I see to this problem right now. Otherwise, lol, I'm dead - but Infected will live on.

Why we NEED to make you director if you are the infected? I don't understand that. We can do all of that even if you are not the director. I'm leaning more to something like a neutral. You need the Director role to complete a condition or something.

Faddy

Banned
Not feeling this Karkador play at all. I see 2 options here

1. We go with Karkador's plan and make the infected the Director and risk if you can be cure

or

2. We vote someone else Director and lynch you ASAP

Karkador

Banned
I don't know what to think about Kark's post. Would scum claim? Can the recruiter really be cured? Seems game-breaking.

Or is this some mad karkadorian scheme.

Infected are all recruiters, so the game doesn't break. I will blind-recruit tonight, and then they will recruit, and so on. I can bail out now, but the chain of infected will continue just because of the delay in knowing who gets infected.

Ok, wait a sec.

I'm going to make an assumption here -

If you are already infected (i.e., you've spent a day as infected), then I feel like you shouldn't be cured, because then you'd be a townie and have slightly more knowledge than the rest of town, which seems antithetical to how the game works.

Kark I finally had blocked NX out of my mind what are you doing

This day 1 itself is a bit antithetical to how the game works, too. I think I'm not really given all the info to protect the game. Likewise, I think anybody petitioning to get cured is just gonna be Infected's target (since their goal is to Infect, period). This is why I have to do this NOW before I get involved with other Infected.

Kark you want us to vote for an infected member for dictator? What if you do't get cured or whatever? What do you do then?

Die, lol :(

Fat4all

Banned
Why we NEED to make you director if you are the infected? I don't understand that. We can do all of that even if you are not the director. I'm leaning more to something like a neutral. You need the Director role to complete a condition or something.

Yeah, this is where I lay.

You are claiming in hopes of getting cured, but why do you need to be Director?

Banned
Yeah. If you can really be cured then you don't need the to be the director to be cured. I would rather we vote for someone who didn't just claim to be infected member.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm ok with this plan.

A) If there is someone that can "cure" Karkador, then we have a townie. If for some reason Kark had a partner(s) then we can get their names. This is insane and as a moderator I would never allow it, but still.
B) Kark is lying. If he survives until D3 I would lynch him on principle.
C) Kark has no partners, but we now have a townie that is Director and can be protected.

fucking NX

Ourobolus

Banned
Ok, adding on to that, yeah - I misnderstood his Director/healing claim.

I'm a little wary of this now. Kark has done ridiculous gambits before, and while I'm not sure I doubt his Infected claim (because I can see absolutely ZERO reason to do this as Town), this is interesting.

My vote is to make someone else Director and then heal Kark. Or the Director. One of those two.

If Kark is telling the truth we don't have a say in who scum "targets," so why not roll the dice.

franconp

Infected are all recruiters, so the game doesn't break. I will blind-recruit tonight, and then they will recruit, and so on. I can bail out now, but the chain of infected will continue just because of the delay in knowing who gets infected.

This is something I can't believe. If all the infected are recruiters the game ends by night 4 and it would be really broken. I think you are lying but still don't know what you gain with that. Why the bold claim.

Faddy

Banned
What if Kark is some kind of Mastermind and we can't lynch him until we hit all the other infected. That is the only way this role claim makes sense.

I'm firmly against making him director

Burbeting

Banned
Also, it's pretty likely that Level 2 infected cannot be cured. Since what Kark seemed to imply was he wouldn't get to know who was infected while they are Level 1. Which would mean Level 2 infected people would know each other.

Natiko

Banned
I'm ok with this plan.

A) If there is someone that can "cure" Karkador, then we have a townie. If for some reason Kark had a partner(s) then we can get their names. This is insane and as a moderator I would never allow it, but still.
B) Kark is lying. If he survives until D3 I would lynch him on principle.
C) Kark has no partners, but we now have a townie that is Director and can be protected.

fucking NX

A) We do not know if someone can be cured or at what level they can be cured. Also, why would we not just give it to someone else who in this hypothetical situation is most likely already town as Kark just claimed lone scum? If they were ever flipped they could still then be cured.
B) How does giving him the director role help us in any way given this? You yourself argued you wanted to give it to someone that could be analytical and make good moves for town early on. Giving it to scum seems like the complete opposite of that.
C) How did he get to a townie in this situation? Isn't this just A except you assumed he would be cured?

What even am I reading? Definitely not voting for Kark or Ouro at this point lol

Ourobolus

Banned
A) We do not know if someone can be cured or at what level they can be cured. Also, why would we not just give it to someone else who in this hypothetical situation is most likely already town as Kark just claimed lone scum? If they were ever flipped they could still then be cured.
B) How does giving him the director role help us in any way given this? You yourself argued you wanted to give it to someone that could be analytical and make good moves for town early on. Giving it to scum seems like the complete opposite of that.
C) How did he get to a townie in this situation? Isn't this just A except you assumed he would be cured?

What even am I reading? Definitely not voting for Kark or Ouro at this point lol

A) I am making an assumption here about "curing." Obviously I don't know on D1 how it works.
B) Kark, if Town, I think can be a good asset.
C) My assumption here was that he became Town after being "cured," if that is a thing.

Burbeting

Banned
I suppose so, since they'll join the chat. I guess that makes a limited window of opportunity for getting cured

It makes that Level 2 infected being cured later in the game would more or less break the game. They could out most of the other infected then.

This is a bullshit plan, if you are Level 2 already.

franconp

If what you are saying it's true the game would be over in 2 weeks. If the infected grow exponentially that would be that the game is unwinnable by night 3:

Night 1 you infect someone else so 2 scum.
Night 2 both infect 2 more so 4 scum.
Night 3 there would be 8 scum and game over as there is no way to win.

If that's true it would be really easy to the infected to win the game, so why the risk to make the claim. You could win really easily without claiming in a couple of nights.

Karkador

Banned
It makes that Level 2 infected being cured later in the game would more or less break the game. They could out most of the other infected then.

This is a bullshit plan, if you are Level 2 already.

I started "feral" and Cabot died. Tonight I'll be Level 2 and that's when I randomly recruit

Burbeting

Banned
I started "feral" and Cabot died. Tonight I'll be Level 2 and that's when I randomly recruit

So that means by the time you hope to be cured, you are already Level 2. Aka. uncurable, unless Dusk designed a game broken from start.

Tell me why we shouldn't lynch you tomorrow, again?

Natiko

Banned
A) I am making an assumption here about "curing." Obviously I don't know on D1 how it works.
B) Kark, if Town, I think can be a good asset.
C) My assumption here was that he became Town after being "cured," if that is a thing.
B) So you think Kark, who you do not know can become Town and currently have been told by Kark himself is not Town is the best choice for us today? Over anyone else?

and yes Natiko, Kark and I are totally scum and we overplayed our hands on D1

I don't recall ever saying that. I just said I have no interest in voting for either of you. Regardless of which if either of you is telling the truth both of you have shown enough for me to not put my trust there.

Karkador

Banned
If what you are saying it's true the game would be over in 2 weeks. If the infected grow exponentially that would be that the game is unwinnable by night 3:

If that's true it would be really easy to the infected to win the game, so why the risk to make the claim. You could win really easily without claiming in a couple of nights.

I don't think it's gonna be that easy. I suspect there's gonna be a lot of turn-around in Infected. If I'm gonna die anyway, I'm trying to use this small opportunity to switch sides.

Verelios

This is a good point. What's the reason for you to switch off to town Kark when being infected according to you sounds pretty good for a win con.

Ourobolus

Banned
B) So you think Kark, who you do not know can become Town and currently have been told by Kark himself is not Town is the best choice for us today? Over anyone else?

I don't recall ever saying that. I just said I have no interest in voting for either of you. Regardless of which if either of you is telling the truth both of you have shown enough for me to not put my trust there.

I'm saying that if Kark is running some dumbass gambit (which he has done before), but is Town, can be useful as a player. Whether he IS Town or not is up for discussion.

And if you don't want to vote for me, that's ok.

Fat4all

Banned
OK, OK, so;

- Night falls.

- You randomly infect another player.

- That player randomly kills(?) someone.

- You reach level 2 and have control over your actions from then on.

franconp

I don't think it's gonna be that easy. I suspect there's gonna be a lot of turn-around in Infected. If I'm gonna die anyway, I'm trying to use this small opportunity to switch sides.

If what you are saying is true we could lose in Night 4 instead of Night 3 so, Why would you change a really easy win for a almost sure lost? I just don't see it. I think you really want the Director role and it must really pay off if you are taking such a risk move to get it.

I say we give the Director role to someone else and simply lynch Kark day 2. That would be the best outcome.

Giving Kark the Director would be the worst choice. Kark has to die as we need to read his role PM to better understand the game if he is not lying.

Karkador

Banned
So that means by the time you hope to be cured, you are already Level 2. Aka. uncurable, unless Dusk designed a game broken from start.

Tell me why we shouldn't lynch you tomorrow, again?

There's the delay in the random recruit. I don't learn who it is until the night after.

Hey, I'm not gonna start judging the game as "broken", that's ridiculous without knowing everything at play. I'm simply acting with the information I have, and making a risky play that is not too surprising from me now.

Look, what alternatives does Town have right now?

- If Town elects a Town Director, in all likelihood they will either be killed or eventually end up on Infected - especially worse later in the game, near LyLo or whatever the equivalent in this game is.

You can go with people promising a bunch of nothing with those 3 votes, or someone who is at least making himself a known quantity. You can track the status of my "curedness" by looking at the counter. If I'm not cured, Town knows they can axe me.

Fat4all

Banned
Lynching Kark day 2 would be the safest bet, but yeah, I don't think they should be the Director.

We'll have to see what happens at night and at the beginning of day 2.

Top Bottom