• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank PS4 is the fastest selling game to date in the series

wouwie

Great news and well deserved. I hope this means we'll get more new R&C games in the future. That would be fantastic :)

mhs004

Congrats!

My first game of the franchise and I absolutely loved it! I actually just beat it an hour ago. I really hope there are some sequels planed in the future as I already want more.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I bet it sold like 50k copies but it sold most of them in the first day which makes it fastest selling.

Nice try Insomniac!

Easily the most fun game I've played this year. Can't wait to do another run soon. Congrats, Insomniac Games. You deserve the success.

Hexa

ratchet%2B%2526%2BClank%2B-----.gif

DNAbro

Love the game, but it has it's share of issues:

- length wise it was pretty short for a non-spinoff Ratchet title
- there was ZERO conflict between Ratchet and Clank, they're just BFFs from the moment they meet
- speaking of Clank, it feels like he barely has any character or dialogue in this one? Something was off with the way he was handled, he used to be so sassy
- Ratchet was really independent in the originals, and a real smartass with character growth. Not so much in this game :(
- Drek was turned into a useless dork
- way too much screen time for Captain Quark. Do people actually like this guy?
- why is
Dr. Nefarious organic now?
His original design is WAY better.

Crack in Time is still the pinnacle of the Ratchet series and it's starting to look more and more like they'll never get to that level again.

Clank and his interactions was definitely the worst part. LIke why was he there? He felt utterly pointless. Length was fine though.

BiggNife

Glad to see this did well despite the lack of advertising. It really deserves the success it's getting, it's a ton of fun.

Hopefully the reception of the film doesn't stop us from getting a sequel game.

Clank and his interactions was definitely the worst part. LIke why was he there? He felt utterly pointless. Length was fine though.
Yeah I didn't feel the growth in their relationship. It was a good decision to not have Ratchet be an asshole but they kind of stripped out all the depth of the their relationship.

I really hope this doesn't become it's own continuity.

I rather have stuff after the Future games and Into the Nexus.

It was cool as a way to reintroduce characters and their first meeting to a new audience but considering how the Future games have been resolved you can have a new adventures after them that doesn't leave players of the new game in the dust.

I mean it seems a waste to throw away 7 (9?) games worth of plot.

Yeah I didn't feel the growth in their relationship. It was a good decision to not have Ratchet be an asshole but they kind of stripped out all the depth of the their relationship.

Yeah, that's the thing. My main beef with the whole reimagining story is, they wanted to rework some things to make Ratchet more likeable, sure. But they could have done it in ways that didn't completely change his character arcs and make him shallow compared to his original self. I'm curious how much more true TJ's script was.

Illucio

Banned

- there was ZERO conflict between Ratchet and Clank, they're just BFFs from the moment they meet
- speaking of Clank, it feels like he barely has any character or dialogue in this one? Something was off with the way he was handled, he used to be so sassy
- Ratchet was really independent in the originals, and a real smartass with character growth. Not so much in this game :(
- why is

Crack in Time is still the pinnacle of the Ratchet series and it's starting to look more and more like they'll never get to that level again.

1. It was pretty short, it felt like they cut a lot from the original game. There was 3 iconic levels/moments completely removed from the game.
2. I agree Ratchet & Clank became instant BBF's with little to no actual bonding taking place. (Like what?)
3. Clank didn't even have a conversation with the computer/mother. That was such a huge scene. Not to mention removing giant clank and other important scenes with him. (Did they remove his mother because of his story with his father and zoni?)
4. Ratchet is still pretty independent in this game, they just didn't really focus on any character development with him other then going back to work on his planet disappointed. That was the ONLY moment of character development in the game (and quite possibly the movie, haven't seen it yet.)
5.Drek being thrown aside in favor of you know who pissed me off. Are they going to do that again with the 2nd game? Is you know who going to be came the team rocket of the series? -sigh-
6. People like Quark, he's iconic, fun to watch, and kids laugh at his stunts. The problem being is that what makes him lovable was that despite all his faults and wrong things he has done, he was properly punished and he always try to pull a fast one. But after 2 games he finally came back to be the hero despite still doing a meh level job which was the entire joke of the third game.
7. They changed the backstory and kept Nefarious a Squishy a little longer for the sake of the film. He's the best villain in the game, but the problem is that they made him a villain right off the gecko and they never bothered to explain why he was so upset with Qwark. Whatever happened to getting wedgie, then dropping to his doom because of Qwarks incompetence? Or problems or conflict he had with Qwark prior? They should had just made him a scientist and sort of just nod that his transformation was either at the end of this game/movie or the next one.

It's weird that the game was so lacking despite how much extra time they had to work on the game and movie.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's a good game, but I don't know that I'd want another anytime in the next 4 years. I have a feeling the large gap inbetween for me was what made me enjoy it so much.

Would rather see something new from Insomniac.

krae_man

- why is

Everybody has no dialogue. Cutscenes are barely existent because they use movie cutscenes and nobody would go see the movie if they could see the whole thing watching a lets play.

Ydelnae

The $40 launch price was a good choice. I haven't bought it yet because I have too many things to do this month and a big backlog, but it's on my list. I will support the movie too, as I think it's a nice effort to tie videogames and film adaptations.

The other day I was at a store and a mother picked two copies because of the price. Seriously, if it's efficient launching "smaller" games at at this price, I think Sony should look more into this strategy.

Wow awesome congrats guys! I haven't had a chance to pick it up yet as I'm still working through a backlog of stuff but I hope to play it soon. Happy to hear the game is high quality and is doing great in sales for you guys.

Hope this means we will get a sequel :)

Great graphics (seriously some of the best on the ps4), fun gameplay, the movie coming up, the return of the glorious $40 price point and good word of mouth made this happen. I'm really happy. Shows the industry there's a demand for games like these. Please do more!

Top Bottom