• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank PS4 is the fastest selling game to date in the series

Paging all posters that thought the 30fps would kill sales. Your crow is ready.
I fell bad for Insomniac I imagine they want to move on from Ratchet and now everyone at the office is like.

did you miss Sunset Overdrive or Song of the Deep, or Resistance or FUZE orrrr..

FelipeMGM

I fell bad for Insomniac I imagine they want to move on from Ratchet and now everyone at the office is like.
tumblr_mbhkbxr0Zl1qdb4cxo1_r1_500.gif

Huh, Im not sure you are talking seriously. They have like 5 games releasing in 2016, and Ratchet was mostly developed at their secondary studio in North Carolina

sn00zer

Huh, Im not sure you are talking seriously. They have like 5 games releasing in 2016, and Ratchet was mostly developed at their secondary studio in North Carolina

Paging all posters that thought the 30fps would kill sales. Your crow is ready.

did you miss Sunset Overdrive or Song of the Deep, or Resistance or FUZE orrrr..

eh?

They making a ton of new games.
I meant it kinda like Radiohead and "Creep" where I imagine at some point they feel done with it even though everyone wants them to play the same damn song even its really good.

Fat4all

Banned
I cant imagine any of them are going to sell like Ratchet, and now everyone is clammering for more Ratchet even though they have around a dozen Ratchet games already.

I doubt they expect them to sell like Ratchet, but that shouldn't really stop them from making new games.

Gitaroo

Capcom should hire them for megaman legends 3.... Anyway, i hope they remaster the main entry from ps3, crack in time is still the best ratchet game ever.

Love the game, but it has it's share of issues:

- length wise it was pretty short for a non-spinoff Ratchet title
- there was ZERO conflict between Ratchet and Clank, they're just BFFs from the moment they meet
- speaking of Clank, it feels like he barely has any character or dialogue in this one? Something was off with the way he was handled, he used to be so sassy
- Ratchet was really independent in the originals, and a real smartass with character growth. Not so much in this game :(
- Drek was turned into a useless dork
- way too much screen time for Captain Quark. Do people actually like this guy?
- why is
Dr. Nefarious organic now?
His original design is WAY better.

Crack in Time is still the pinnacle of the Ratchet series and it's starting to look more and more like they'll never get to that level again.

I do agree about the relationship starting out with Ratchet and Clank, it felt a bit to quick in the remake when in the first game, Ratchet was abrasive as hell. But still a good game though.

Ploid 3.0

It's been a while since I was able to buy a Insomniac game. I hope I can get the next game they cook up. Well next big game and not small game (The Sea game looks interesting, I'll have to look into it some more).

Jeremy

Such a fun game. I haven't made a second playthrough in a game in years and I'm actually having a blast going back and finishing up everything. So many things done right!

One random 'thank you' I'd like to give is for not tying trophies to difficulty!

CREMSteve

Price point got me to purchase and I was pleased to see the game is awesome. Perfect length that I may actually replay it too, which I never do.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
The general feeling I'm getting is that it's a good game but it's more of a movie tie-in game than a proper reboot/remake of the original game? Am I close?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The general feeling I'm getting is that it's a good game but it's more of a movie tie-in game than a proper reboot/remake of the original game? Am I close?
It's a full length, well polished game with a lot of replay value. Never played the original but it certainly didn't feel small or incomplete.

nOoblet16

Awesome news!

Not sure the movie is going to be as successful though.
Honest trailers did a video on it and while it's pretty bad it said one thing that was true, that the game allows you to enjoy the real R&C before it gets smeared with all the new pop culture references.

Just watch a trailer and you'll see they are quite run of the mill with your usual CGI cartoon music and such.

dominuece

Very much deserved. This has been a great contrasting companion alongside Dark Souls III. I really don't want it to end lol.

That Puppeteer talk has me :(

I hope you're paying attention Sony.

Give me an Ape Escape 4, Crash BandiReboot, Knack 2, and Ratchet and Clank 2.

Give me reasons to throw over $200 at you.

It makes me a little giggly when I see someone complain that
Nefarious is organic
when that is literally the entire point of
his backstory, was that he was turned into a robot after a horrific accident at the hands of Qwark, and once he became robotic, he went batshit.
The movie and this game are just clearly
pre-incident.
Yeah people complaining about it clearly didn't pay attention in the old games.

This game offers a really nice blend of platforming and third-person shooting. It also looks great. More please.

I'm thinking that maybe this breaks the top eight or so in NPD, which would be very nice.

DC1

It makes me a little giggly when I see someone complain that
Nefarious is organic
when that is literally the entire point of
his backstory, was that he was turned into a robot after a horrific accident at the hands of Qwark, and once he became robotic, he went batshit.
The movie and this game are just clearly
pre-incident.
Although I thought I read that
a sequel tease shows him roboticized.
Now I want to play space invaders.

Very much deserved. This has been a great contrasting companion alongside Dark Souls III. I really don't want it to end lol.

That Puppeteer talk has me :(
It's been my companion to the Vive.
The oldest of school platforming...to the newest tech. Great mix.
Gutted I'm at the end. Definitely gonna carry on with challenge mode!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

Its a full game and a proper remake. The story is just somewhat disjointed because of having to accommodate the movie, which sucks

Top Bottom