• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Raven Software Developing MW Remastered + Crash/Backlot/Crossfire Confirmed For MP

duckroll

Cater to my needs? Listen to yourself. The masses are out there gnashing their teeth over the fact that the remaster is being held to ransom to entice preorders for IW. It's people like you who support this underhandedness that are the cancer of gaming.

If you are not interested in discussing Raven Software developing the remaster, you don't have to post in the thread. Calling the news "irrelevant" is nonsensical.

I hope they include "Shipment", we had so much fun on it with some friends back then. "Crash" was great so that's one point.

Ah yes, such fun was had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK4WXnfOiLU

In all seriousness, I'm happy to see that this wasn't simply an up res'd version of mw1 but something they've seemingly putting a lot of effort into (although from the trailer, they've seem to tinkered with the view model and gun sound a little bit more than I would have liked). If they add strike, overgrown and chinatown, I would seriously consider picking it up (assuming there will be a standalone release).

Raxus

Pretty cool although I would get infinite war just want to play CoD4 all day. Still my favorite CoD.

euan

Neo Member
UI4sjQs.png

Seems like a significant upgrade!

Modern warfare 3 ? Ghosts? Free to play cod? Not an amazing track record for these guys. Hope they don't screw it up.

MW3 was good, Ghosts was good. Better than half the francise for sure. Speaking from a fuck ton of hours on every game since 2.

DocSeuss

Raven made Singularity so they can do no wrong in my book

I played through some Singularity a while ago and got increasingly frustrated that bits I KNEW were in-game weren't there... only to realize later that it's because they were in Wolfenstein 2009, which Raven also made, which I loved.

quesalupa

You mean "when" right?
I was thinking about this and I think they know that we all expect them to do this. So I have a theory that they will release the missing maps as free DLC in order to kind of fabricate some good will towards Activision.

Caffeine

raven made soldier of fortune 2, and has always contributed a lot during iw cod games. This is great news the remaster looks like a step up. maybe one day activision will give them a shot at an actual cod title alone.

Oh you'd better believe jim-jam remembers.

That said, I'd probably give this a crack as standalone purchase because the source material is great and Raven are also great.
Raven are great, indeed... and I remember liking COD 4 (would I still like it? Not sure!). I just think their talents should be used for making original stuff. They have the pedigree...it is jsut market conditions do not allow this kind of stuff anymore really :/
Bunch of shills and SJWs on here anyway. Couldn't give a shit.

Honestly cannot believe you were a real poster, that is neural net bot shit level posting.

Boke1879

Yea those upgrades look very good. I'm all in on this.
I just hope there is a healthy population for COD4. Because that was and still in my favorite. Going to be on that a lot.

NightOnyx

I'm glad that Raven is getting work but man could I please get a new game from them, they've made some great games. Like give me more Singularity! I loved that game! Plus that Wolverine game is still one of my favorite super hero games.

Raven are great, indeed... and I remember liking COD 4 (would I still like it? Not sure!). I just think their talents should be used for making original stuff. They have the pedigree...it is jsut market conditions do not allow this kind of stuff anymore really :/

Well yeah man, and I'm with you; that's some bullshit, but that's where we are unfortunately. Hopefully if they make some bucks off this work they can get back to what they do best,

I played through some Singularity a while ago and got increasingly frustrated that bits I KNEW were in-game weren't there... only to realize later that it's because they were in Wolfenstein 2009, which Raven also made, which I loved.

I absolutely hated Singularity after coming to it having played Bioshock 1. The gun play felt very anaemic and the story/premise really didn't capture me.

However, I did really like Wolfenstein '09. I doubt Raven has much creative freedom with this game and they'll probably try to match the original as closely as possible.

Wait, what do you mean? You had inside knowledge or something lol?

Honestly cannot believe you were a real poster, that is neural net bot shit level posting.

Agreed on both parts lol, that posted was just begging for a ban. But yeah, on the first point, it's to true, but I guess we have to accept the market realities.

ar4757

Well I figure based on the YouTube comments all 28K likes are for Modern Warfare, me included, while the 7K dislikes are for Infinite Warfare. It looks great and Raven is a very good choice.

If you don't want Infinite Warfare, get a prime discount or GCU and then sell infinite warfare

Boke1879

I will say Activision from their perspective would be dumb to sell this as standalone at release. They'll get tons of people buying it $80 just for COD4.

I say after a month or so they'll release it on its own

H3xum

I wonder if they will continue to remaster the remaining maps and sell them as DLC. Then, once all 10 maps are released (2 rounds of 2) they will release the full game for 49.99 on disc.

Top Bottom