• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Raven Software Developing MW Remastered + Crash/Backlot/Crossfire Confirmed For MP

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
UI4sjQs.png

Madre Santisima, that looks great.

I might actually pick this up now.

SonnyBoy

This may be a dumb question but what are the odds of PS4/XB1 cross play being implemented for this iteration? I apologize if this has been addressed earlier.

Remember when the maps didnt suck at all?

dZpF0Oa.gif

I remember

The last time all the Respawn guys worked on a CoD. They continued that trend with Titanfall too. They're the best mapmakers in the industry right now. Better than Bungie when they were doing Halo. Better than 343. Better than DICE. I didn't play enough UT, Quake, or Doom to make those comparisons; but in the last decade plus they're the undisputed champs. They somehow fill every game with absolutely amazing maps.

kewlmyc

So MW Remastered just seems to add a lot of bloom and lighting effects? Will need to see more screenshots and hopefully they sell it separately at some point.

Isn't there a chance that releasing this with the next entry will kill the new games MP side instantly? Honestly the first thing that came to mind was "why would I bother with the IW MP?". It kind of feels like something that should have happened as a half way mark instead or used to buy them an extra year of dev time.

I honestly thought they'd go the easy route and just do a straight 1080p PC port, but they aren't. They're actually overhauling the visuals considerably. In many spots in the COD4 footage, it actually looked better visually then many spots in the Infinite Warfare trailer. Definitely a credit to Raven Software.

So MW Remastered just seems to add a lot of bloom and lighting effects? Will need to see more screenshots and hopefully they sell it separately at some point.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered boasts vibrant current generation visuals, with fully improved texture resolution and detail, high-dynamic range lighting, lit and shadowing VFX particles, revamped animation and audio, stunning sound, and much more.

I know reading the OP can be hard :p

But to answer your question, know. For one, you can see physically based lighting/rendering on different surfaces (see Price's uniform as an example).

im_dany

The last time all the Respawn guys worked on a CoD. They continued that trend with Titanfall too. They're the best mapmakers in the industry right now. Better than Bungie when they were doing Halo. Better than 343. Better than DICE. I didn't play enough UT, Quake, or Doom to make those comparisons; but in the last decade plus they're the undisputed champs. They somehow fill every game with absolutely amazing maps.

They're not as good but I remember Certain Affinity's maps on Halo DLC as really good maps.

euan

Neo Member

From the looks of it, Prices model has been completely redone with better geometry/textures/animation, much more realistic sea/rain as well as added effects like depth of field in the background. So no, not just a simple light change based off the footage we've seen so far.
Can't wait to play all ghillied up!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I kinda wouldn't be surprised if this looks better graphically than Infinite Warfare.

thejpfin

I don't care about infinite warfare at all, but I'm in for some modern warfare goodness.
I loved the campaign and multiplayer.

Even though I loved multiplayer, it had some issues.
Like Last Stand, Martyrdom and Frag x3. Frag spam was insane, you might even get killed to frag explosion after spawning.

What if this remaster removed such perks or made separate last stand/mardy-free playlist. Then multiplayer would be even better imo.

Boke1879

So there is still going to be a livestream on twitch correct? Wonder what it'll entail? Probably just detailing in depth what we know here to much wider audience.

Falk

that puzzling face
is this coming out on pc or is it a console only thing? promod needs to come back

even diablo says he's ready: https://twitter.com/TomD1abloNewman/status/727104161960103936

I dunno man. The only hope CoD has as a CS:GO type of e-sports with some modicum of stability is a service that isn't made obsolete every year by a new game coming out. A scene needs some form of stability to prosper.

Ironically the closest we are ever getting to that is CoD Online, which is for a completely different target market.

Metfanant

I don't care about infinite warfare at all, but I'm in for some modern warfare goodness.
I loved the campaign and multiplayer.

Even though I loved multiplayer, it had some issues.
Like Last Stand, Martyrdom and Frag x3. Frag spam was insane, you might even get killed to frag explosion after spawning.

What if this remaster removed such perks or made separate last stand/mardy-free playlist. Then multiplayer would be even better imo.

never really understood the hate for martyrdom...just make sure after you kill someone, that you dont run over the dead body...its not difficult

Machina

Banned
SOLD. I cannot believe I am about to sink even MORE hours into CoD4 multiplayer. I mean really? Thousands of hours wasn't enough the first time?

Isn't there a chance that releasing this with the next entry will kill the new games MP side instantly? Honestly the first thing that came to mind was "why would I bother with the IW MP?". It kind of feels like something that should have happened as a half way mark instead or used to buy them an extra year of dev time.
Are you saying this will be the FIRST CoD game to have a dead MP? Is that even possible?

I was scratching my head too. They release a very samey COD every year, why would anyone want an older version re-released?
Because Modern Warfare put Call of Duty on the map, it was a lot of people's first CoD game so there's nostalgia there and some may argue that it was the last good one

I was scratching my head too. They release a very samey COD every year, why would anyone want an older version re-released?

because it's the best one :D just like remastering Halo 1, some of us enjoy the more simple setup those games had compared to jumpjets and gazillion weapon/killstreak variants in the new games.

Machina

Banned
Because Modern Warfare put Call of Duty on the map, it was a lot of people's first CoD game so there's nostalgia there and some may argue that it was the last good one

No argument from me at all. The series peaked with CoD4, that's why it is remembered so fondly. This game went toe to toe for Game of The Year in 2007 with the likes of fucking Bioshock, the Orange Box and Super Mario Galaxy.

Top Bottom