• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Raven Software Developing MW Remastered + Crash/Backlot/Crossfire Confirmed For MP

julrik

I was scratching my head too. They release a very samey COD every year, why would anyone want an older version re-released?
In my opinion, MW is still the best in the series. I don't care about exo sceletons, wall running, etc, and hate what the series have turned into. Pretty sure many others feel the same. This is good news.

DocSeuss

I was scratching my head too. They release a very samey COD every year, why would anyone want an older version re-released?

Um, every campaign is different. Remastering it with new graphics is pretty cool, especially since Call of Duty 4 is one of the best video games ever made.

This is like asking why they remade Pokemon Sapphire.

While I loved Call of Duty 4 for its time, I really dont think i will go back to it. It was in my opinion the best Call of Duty game, and the maps are great. Im sure I would get a nostalgia kick out of it, but its also a game that I can comfortably leave in my past.

Auctopus

While I loved Call of Duty 4 for its time, I really dont think i will go back to it. It was in my opinion the best Call of Duty game, and the maps are great. Im sure I would get a nostalgia kick out of it, but its also a game that I can comfortably leave in my past.

Same. I think in playing it, I'd just be trying to chase the good times I had back then.

I am honestly willing to buy Infinite Warfare to get MW Remastered. I'm sure Infinite will be worth the $20 it would cost in addition compared to a $40 standalone version of MW.

iNvid02

I am honestly willing to buy Infinite Warfare to get MW Remastered. I'm sure Infinite will be worth the $20 it would cost in addition compared to a $40 standalone version of MW.[

has this been confirmed? it is Activision after all.

if the standalone version isnt available at launch then i expect a lot of buying and reselling infinite warfare day one lol

Tesser

I will be very much interested to see the playerbase stats both around launch and x months after launch for both MWR and Infinite Warfare for all platforms. I feel one of the more interesting debates to come out of all this is how large/wide the community will be spread and if there will be any surprising numbers that come out of all this.

I see people joking that MWR will have a more active player-base than the NEW CoD, but a part of me actually wants this to ring true to see how this'll shape the future of the series from a development stand-point. They haven't confirmed if IW will be on previous-gen platforms, but if that turns out to be the case, you can be sure that that will only go to spread the community even thinner across not just one new game this time, but two.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if MWR is exclusive only to these bundles already announced, but I hope Activision have the courtesy to release it stand-alone, even if it is without the single-player campaign.

wwm0nkey

I am honestly willing to buy Infinite Warfare to get MW Remastered. I'm sure Infinite will be worth the $20 it would cost in addition compared to a $40 standalone version of MW.
I have no interest in Infinite so I'll get the $80 version for like $70 with GCU and sell IW for $45-50 making MWR $20

Gurish

The comparison shots makes it look like a remake almost, I didn't remember the original COD was so ugly, I kind of remember it looking like the new one.

Danny 117

What I don't get is almost ALL of the maps will have to be remade for the single player anyways. No point not chopping them up and making them MP maps unless they're gonna hold them ransom as DLC.

Strike

Looks good. Have a lot of good memories with this game. Hopefully this gets released as a standalone with the rest of the maps at some point.

Wow, I thought Raven Software was dead. Guess they kinda are if they're still stuck working on Call of Duty.

Edit: Not my favourite maps but whatever. I'm back in.

Metfanant

The comparison shots makes it look like a remake almost, I didn't remember the original COD was so ugly, I kind of remember it looking like the new one.

just goes to show that whenever a new CoD gets released and you get all the people laughing that it looks "last gen" that they are full of shit

Gurish

just goes to show that whenever a new CoD gets released and you get all the people laughing that it looks "last gen" that they are full of shit

I think they just have a short memory that's all (though, I guess lots of them are just hating and trolling), I bet those people forgot how old COD looked like and they have a mental image of the game looking close to the new one.

But yea, they couldn't be more wrong.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I remember the people proclaiming that this was fake, and so sure of it too in the other thread.

Smart of Activision to do, and the easiest, most brilliant way to guarantee sales. They won't care which of the two games you bought the Legacy Edition for, a sale is a sale. Just for that I don't see them selling it standalone anytime soon, if ever at all.

Funny enough, as good as I knew MW1 was, I only played the beta on Xbox 360 back then (a lot though), I think I was playing another shooter at the time. But MW2, that was the COD I spent craaaaaaaazy hours in.

I'd like to have this remaster on its own, but to me, I'd go nuts for a MW2 remaster.

has this been confirmed? it is Activision after all.

if the standalone version isnt available at launch then i expect a lot of buying and reselling infinite warfare day one lol

No, it hasn't been confirmed, but people have been throwing around that number for a MW standalone release.

Moozo

Kinda hope they don't mess with the UI too much. Loved that look. Host migration and last kill replay should be in though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Need better quality photos on the "new" side, because that looks pretty damn bad to me. :/ Overly saturated bloom to show off "MAH LIGHTENS." :/

I wonder if they're going to do a PC version and drop support for dedicated servers. That'd be a hilarious fiasco waiting to happen. If they did do a PC port, I'd probably rebuy it just for the sake of Steam achievements.

kuYuri

They are going to have to do some work on that MP to get me to play it for more than a week. If it's exactly the same as the original, what's the point? I don't give a shit about just prettied up graphics, I've already put my time in MW MP. Prestige 10 and everything.

They can start by fixing most of the lingering issues. Maybe throw in Kill Confirmed or something, I don't know.

To be fair, there are plenty of people like me who never played MW, so who knows.

Scotia

Banned
Chdqx1nXEAALzP2.jpg

Chdqx1nWYAQ2oMa.jpg

Chdqx1nW0AE6hvt.jpg

Chdqx2AWgAAd5rw.jpg

giphy.gif

I'm hoping that the remaster can be on disc.

It says this on the Playstation site.

"*Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered contains only 10 MP maps from the original Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game. Modern Warfare Remastered is a full game download. Internet connection required. For more information, please head here."

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I can't speak for everyone else, but I found the quality over quantity aspect of the multiplayer to strike a level of balance that the series hasn't been able to capture since they throwing everything at the wall. I felt like there was a counter to everything, and because of that, it's my favorite in the series.

Looked up the mw maps and realised most of my favourites that I remember are from mw2.
It's going to feel pretty fresh though after 10 years.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Heh, I'll probably be picking this up at midnight, so I'll more than likely just buy it, open it, take out the Remastered voucher, and just trade in Infinite Warfare on the spot.

vin-buc

This is a good package for a $100 (with season pass) for annual CoD junkies (me).

Any rumors on PS Neo upgrades? I'm really curious.

This remaster is genius honestly. They can now appease both fans of the futuristic newer CODs and the fans of the older style at the same time, and at $20 more than a standalone game I'm sold.

Top Bottom