• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends: Leaked Wii-U Trailer

Angry Fork

What the hell was that touch figure stuff at the end? I have no clue what it means. Are they going to sell separate little doll things that you can put on Wii U controller and it makes characters appear in-game? What is the point of that?

drspeedy

not sure how that skylanders-style scan was happening... RFID, QR codes?

still, a cool bonus. I'm assuming that this was the 'things we've not even announced yet!"... not 3D or great online or 6-core processors

Of course the first leaked Wii U game isnt a game to show us if its really on par or better than the current HD consoles. :D

Luckily.

No matter how powerful the Wii U is, I doubt one minute of footage from one launch game that's also on PS360 could make us determine whether the Wii U is sub /on par / above current gen power. Yet, GAF's analysts would be all over it, dissecting every aspect and screen, looking for conclusions that can't be drawn.

It's probably for the best that only at E3 when we get to see a whole bunch of Wii U games, we might be able to draw definitive conclusions.

Delio

still, a cool bonus. I'm assuming that this was the 'things we've not even announced yet!"... not 3D or great online or 6-core processors

NFC and they announced it a long time ago.

Look out, Ubisoft, you're doing things to promote the console! Nintendo won't like that!

Great trailer (BTTF cues to that music at the end, unless it was BTTF music directly?), I admit I've been slow in picking up Rayman Origins, but now this makes me want to play it even more.

Djamb3

NFC. And it was announced in January

SparkTR

What the hell was that touch figure stuff at the end? I have no clue what it means. Are they going to sell separate little doll things that you can put on Wii U controller and it makes characters appear in-game? What is the point of that?

Have you heard of Skylanders? Doesn't matter if it needs them or not, they sell by the bucket loads.

The point is to sell you separate little doll things.

Metal-Geo

It's like DLC! But you can put it on your shelf as well!

StuBurns

Banned
An interesting leak, it does look better than Origins graphically, the Skylanders stuff is horrible, but otherwise, looks cool enough. I'm sure Ubi will be huge with the early titles.

M3d10n

Oh, the 2D lighting technique they have going on looks amazing. I wasn't expecting a 2D game. Awesome.

Will that actionfigure thing with the Wii U pad be a Wii U thing or is it just sensing the touch or whatever? Would be a cool feature!

It's NFC. The Wii U has built-in capability for Skylander-style functionality, being capable of reading (and writing) data from NFC chips embedded into physical objects.

zOHNv.jpg

2WAWf.jpg

5Sev6.jpg

ZpNJx.jpg

FopL5.jpg

I can make additional caps if you guys want. :)

SparkTR

I've seen it, but I don't really understand the significance of setting an object on your controller as a new gameplay experience.

I should rephrase my post. They're not doing it to bring gameplay to new heights or anything. It is a gimmick, but Skylanders is mega-profitable so publishers are going to want part of that pie and Wii-U is offering it to them on a silver platter. Right now I'm indifferent towards it, but I'll start to get worried if I see figurines which contain exclusive levels in them, as if DLC wasn't bad enough. Shit, what am I talking about. In this industry it's a 'when' not an 'if'.

OK. Now I have to buy a WiiU.

But I am confused. I do not know if is already anwsered in this topic (did not read all pages) but there are 2 different games, right? Origins 2 and Legends? Legends is WiiU exclusive or all consoles will get both games? In the news about Origins 2 some days ago, the screen grabs seemed to be from this Legends game...

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Ya know, looking at it now, it seems that Origins and Legends are really just going back to this...

EaqWA.jpg

See? They weren't just ripping off NSMB Wii. :p

Mentioned something along the lines of Wii U exclusive content so is it safe to assume this is not a Wii u exclusive?
We're talking UbiSoft here. I'm sure this will appear on all of the same platforms on which Origins appeared in addition to the WiiU.

If anything, for all we know Wii U's Ubisoft line-up seems to be much more promising compared to Wii's one; back then their launch line-up on Wii turned out to be underwhelming at the very least - with games such as Red steel, Raving rabbids, Monster 4X4, Far cry, GT Pro, Blazing angels - whereas by now we know that well established big-budget IPs such as Assassins creed and Ghost recon are already coming to Wii U.

Now this leak seems to be a further positive sign in this direction, so if this is to be of any indication of third-parties' support, well, it bodes extremely well imo.

Oppo

please stop calling the controller a "padlet"

that implies that it is a) small, or b) cute somehow. it is neither.

Danielsan

But I am confused. I do not know if is already anwsered in this topic (did not read all pages) but there are 2 different games, right? Origins 2 and Legends? Legends is WiiU exclusive or all consoles will get both games? In the news about Origins 2 some days ago, the screen grabs seemed to be from this Legends game...
Origins 2 = Legends. The WiiU version simply has some exclusive features.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
If anything, for all we know Wii U's Ubisoft line-up seems to be much more promising compared to Wii's one; back then their launch line-up on Wii turned out to be underwhelming at the very least - with games such as Red steel, Raving rabbids, Monster 4X4, Far cry, GT Pro, Blazing angels - whereas by now we know that well established big-budget IPs such as Assassins creed and Ghost recon are already coming to Wii U.

Now this leak seems to be a further positive sign in this direction, so if this is to be of any indication of third-parties' support, well, it bodes extremely well imo.

Yeah.

Wii: Rayman Raving Rabbids
Wii U: Rayman Legends

If it begins like this... :D

SparkTR

I'm under the impression that there was never an Origins 2, and the earlier leak was for Legends (the Origin 2 screenshots are from this trailer it seems). Legends will probably release on PS3/360/Wii-U/PC/Vita.

kfpkiller

Getting current gen ports on a next gen console is an indication of good third parties support?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I'm under the impression that there was never an Origins 2, and the earlier leak was for Legends (the Origin 2 screenshots are from this trailer it seems). Legends will probably release on PS3/360/Wii-U/PC.
Hopefully Vita receives it as well. :D

This IS UbiSoft, though, which have supported Nintendo for a while now. They had a huge push for all of their systems in the past decade especially at launch.

I'm under the impression that there was never an Origins 2, and the earlier leak was for Legends (the Origin 2 screenshots are from this trailer it seems). Legends will probably release on PS3/360/Wii-U/PC.

Yeah, the "Wii U-only features" suggest it will also be on other systems.

Sardello

This is Origins 2

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I hope it's more than NFC stuff because I'm not going to buy figurines that just sub for DLC or normal unlockable content.

Feature

Banned
Cmon someone post it on youtube and hide the link here so someone needs to quote the post? Ubisoft probably reading with.

Top Bottom